• yes
    • no
    • he's there when u need him most
    • yes, but i dont pray
    • atheist
    • anarchist
    • i don't know
    • i don't want to answer, call me later

i am god, becuase i say it. now i want another revision of the bible, and in place of god, it will now say fo20. can you prove im not god? i think not! :D

586255380[/snapback]

I wish it was as easy as that :p

WE HAVE NEVER SEEN THEM!

586255370[/snapback]

Yes we have

with scanning electron microscopes.

with collision chambers

though Brownian motion

with mass spectrometers

etc etc.

This is not an atom! :

http://www.csdf.k12.ca.us/student_life/eve...cefair/atom.jpg (I know that's not what you posted!)

I'd like to see them please

586255399[/snapback]

Not really sure what you're intentions were with that drawing of a model of an atom, but if you thought that the pictures taken of atoms would look exactly like that, you're really more way out in science than I initially thought, no harm intended.

Not really sure what you're intentions were with that drawing of a model of an atom, but if you thought that the pictures taken of atoms would look exactly like that, you're really more way out in science than I initially thought, no harm intended.

586255414[/snapback]

I was joking you know!

I do not believe in God, i think it was made up to confort people and make death easier.

586255461[/snapback]

DING! DING! DING! We got a winner

and not just death

I read only the first quarter of this thread and only by page 9 did people start making some sense and stating some good opinions. But anyway... :D

There are many conventions in life (in my life at least) where the theme of God plays a role - we just tend not to notice them. Morality, if you will, is what it is. Throughout my life I learned not to pay attention to many of them and slow my life down due to their bogusness. But that's just me... and if you don't know what i'm talking about, no big deal.

On the political level, I believe Religion in general, ancient or modern, is a measure of control. People blindly follow it. It also provided and still provides causes for wars and its "divine" ability to have flocks of people fight for it (pun intended). But obviously, it also has some positive aspects. Hope is the best one. For example, people who battled most of the wars of humanity blindly believed that there is a higher cause behind it. If human beings knew that life is pointless, life would not just be miserable but morally degrading, brutish, and hopeless. The fact that there is hope for a higher being such as God (or whatever it is) IS religion. Believing in God is different, in my opinion.

It is is unproven, therefore it does not exist. Its a theorem

586255332[/snapback]

I think you're confusing theorem with theory. A theorem is a fact (and indeed, so is the atom). Also, for someone who is as sceptical as you seem to be, how can you so readily believe in something so unevident as the existence of God?

• 3 weeks later...