• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

god?

do you believe in god?  

754 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Dark_INk    0

i believe in a god- but i don't care to convince anyone else.

i think religion (whether god or godless) is something ppl have to realize for themselves.

evangelism to me is sharing opinions, beliefs, etc. when in a discussion- not the force-fed 'be saved' stuff u see pushed everywhere.

also i believe that many of the existing religions share too much for one to be the only way.

but i'd have to clarify myself for this to be understood-

Edited by Dark_INk

chavo    1

I believe that opening your eyes and looking around you could very well dispell any belief you may have had as well.

andy89    0

im a Christian who goes to a Christian school so Yes I believe in God.

Dark_INk    0
I believe that opening your eyes and looking around you could very well dispell any belief you may have had as well.

585112340[/snapback]

what's this in response to?

gigapixels    99
I believe in God.  There's lots of proof of an intelligent creator all around us...just open your eyes and look.  :)

585112320[/snapback]

No, that's evolution, my friend.

Dark_INk    0
No, that's evolution, my friend.

585112363[/snapback]

how did evolution come to be?

god made science.

(how'd god come to be?)- dunno ;)

note: imo

Co-ords    220

I believe in the Father, Son and Holy Ghost, and that Jesus Christ died for our sins, and was raised from the dead!!!! (lets see how long my post remains before some one removes it...)

Dark_INk    0
I believe in the Father, Son and Holy Ghost, and that Jesus Christ died for our sins, and was raised from the dead!!!! (lets see how long my post remains before some one removes it...)

585112381[/snapback]

i agree /w u-

post removal? :ninja: don't b too quick to judge there ninja-

this is a discussion and ppl can post their views w/o worrying about them being removed- just so the rules n' regulations are followed

Co-ords    220
i agree /w u-

post removal?  :ninja:  don't b too quick to judge there ninja-

this is a discussion and ppl can post their views w/o worrying about them being removed- just so the rules n' regulations are followed

585112396[/snapback]

thank you!

hadiz    0

I believe in God :yes:

RaWShadow    0

I think that man created religions to just try and give life a meaning or maybe it was just made up to try and bring law and order, like you be good you goto heaven you do bad and goto hell, so everyone becomes good. Man could'nt believe that we lived our lives then we just die and then thats it. It's all a load of nonsense. Once your dead your gone forever, this ain't fairyland, there aint gonna be some magic light that floats you upto heaven.

gigapixels    99
post removal?  :ninja:  don't b too quick to judge there ninja-

585112396[/snapback]

Agreed.

To Co-ords

Yeah even if I were a mod here I wouldn't be removing your post. I believe all people can have their own opinions, and that's supposed to be the idea around here, although some members think that their opinions are the only right ones...

Though I disagree with you I still believe you're allowed to have that opinion. Don't be afraid to share it. Just don't act like your opinion is the only right one, especially when the only sides to an issue are simply opinions.

stpark6985    0

i personally don't really believe in god anymore. for a while i was the 'church freak'. telling everyone i believed and everything seemed like it was because of 'him'. now i realize that its not true. there is so much evidence backing evolution or some form of scientific explination its hard to believe in a 'god'. maybe if god was the atom that started the big bang then yea there was a god. but to simply have the same answer everytime for everything, ie 'because its what god has planned' is just not right to me. to believe in a book that was written by man, its hard to believe. i've read a lot from both sides, and evolution and science just seem like the right answer. i mean i've seen the religoius side, and what i see of praying is waiting for an event to happen. you pray and then wait, and yes EVENTUALLY something is going to happen. i'm not saying religion is bad, if it helps the people that are part of it thats fine, but personaly its something i do not believe. and to have people tell me at times that i am going to hell because i don't attend church or live my life for god, i think thats for a lack of better words ****. if there is a god, i believe if he loves us as much as everyone says, not everyone is going to hell... i wish religion wouldn't do what it does, and thats seperate. i guess i just don't believe, and thats my answer lol

Co-ords    220
i personally don't really believe in god anymore.  for a while i was the 'church freak'.  telling everyone i believed and everything seemed like it was because of 'him'.  now i realize that its not true.  there is so much evidence backing evolution or some form of scientific explination its hard to believe in a 'god'.  maybe if god was the atom that started the big bang then yea there was a god.  but to simply have the same answer everytime for everything, ie 'because its what god has planned' is just not right to me.  to believe in a book that was written by man, its hard to believe.  i've read a lot from both sides, and evolution and science just seem like the right answer.  i mean i've seen the religoius side, and what i see of praying is waiting for an event to happen.  you pray and then wait, and yes EVENTUALLY something is going to happen.  i'm not saying religion is bad, if it helps the people that are part of it thats fine, but personaly its something i do not believe.  and to have people tell me at times that i am going to hell because i don't attend church or live my life for god, i think thats for a lack of better words ****.  if there is a god, i believe if he loves us as much as everyone says, not everyone is going to hell...  i wish religion wouldn't do what it does, and thats seperate.  i guess i just don't believe, and thats my answer lol

585112439[/snapback]

It always saddens me to see some one that has rejected God. I hope someday that He will come back into your life! God brings nothing but joy and peace into my life, he is always there, and when i die, i know i'll be with Him.

stpark6985    0
It always saddens me to see some one that has rejected God. I hope someday that He will come back into your life! God brings nothing but joy and peace into my life, he is always there, and when i die, i know i'll be with Him.

585112454[/snapback]

and thats good for you, but sorry not for me...

Dark_INk    0
i personally don't really believe in god anymore.  for a while i was the 'church freak'.  telling everyone i believed and everything seemed like it was because of 'him'.  now i realize that its not true.  there is so much evidence backing evolution or some form of scientific explination its hard to believe in a 'god'.  maybe if god was the atom that started the big bang then yea there was a god.  but to simply have the same answer everytime for everything, ie 'because its what god has planned' is just not right to me.  to believe in a book that was written by man, its hard to believe.  i've read a lot from both sides, and evolution and science just seem like the right answer.  i mean i've seen the religoius side, and what i see of praying is waiting for an event to happen.  you pray and then wait, and yes EVENTUALLY something is going to happen.  i'm not saying religion is bad, if it helps the people that are part of it thats fine, but personaly its something i do not believe.  and to have people tell me at times that i am going to hell because i don't attend church or live my life for god, i think thats for a lack of better words ****.  if there is a god, i believe if he loves us as much as everyone says, not everyone is going to hell...  i wish religion wouldn't do what it does, and thats seperate.  i guess i just don't believe, and thats my answer lol

585112439[/snapback]

you and RaWShadow bring up some good points and sound like you've based your beliefs upon experiences in life and other concluding logics- more power to u :)

as far as church going i've never felt too comfortable in any church-

some ppl are made for it- others aren't (and i've been to many different churches- and worship places of various faiths)

in my mind god is an understanding 'individual' who sees things in their appropriate perspectives- it's a case by case issue.

Ghandi is hardly a candidate for 'hell'.

I don't even think god really would want constant praise- i mean- how many times can u thank someone before they get's sick of it?

Take life in stride and do good things for the benefit of man as a whole- whether religious or not- this, i believe, is something we all can accomplish-

I don't know what religion is closer to being correct- so i don't bother myself /w this issue- and even if i knew the answer i don't think it would matter.

and as far as the good non-religious- i believe that for them it's as they see fit.

for them life ends to a peacefull non existance.

Edited by Dark_INk

Mango    7

The second commandment says "Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth..."

Note: in the water under the earth This was written by man who assumed that the earth floated on top of the water like an iceberg and that there was life living underneath it like whales. If god was the creater of all things he would have known this.

"In the beginning god created the heaven and the earth..." The 'heaven' in this case is the sky, and the earth, well... its the earth. But what about the rest of the universe? In comparison the earth is relatively young compared to the universe, did he create the big bang as well? Its not written because people of that era DIDN'T KNOW SH*T!

The holy books are so outdated its amazing how people still follow it so closely. You wouldnt study an 1880's driving manual if you want to go for your license today, why would you follow your life in the ways of the 200A.D

stpark6985    0
you and RaWShadow bring up some good points and sound like you've based your beliefs upon experiences in life and other concluding logics- more power to u :)

as far as church going i've never felt too comfortable in any church-

some ppl are made for it- others aren't (and i've been to many different churches- and worship places of various faiths)

in my mind god is an understanding 'individual' who sees things in their appropriate perspectives- it's a case by case issue.

Ghandi is hardly a candidate for 'hell'.

I don't even think god really would want constant praise- i mean- how many times can u thank someone before they get's sick of it?

Take life in stride and do good things for the benefit of man as a whole- whether religious or not- this, i believe, is something we all can accomplish-

I don't know what religion is closer to being correct- so i don't bother myself /w this issue- and even if i knew the answer i don't think it would matter.

585112508[/snapback]

i totatlly agree

stpark6985    0
The second commandment says "Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth..."

Note: in the water under the earth This was written by man who assumed that the earth floated on top of the water like an iceberg and that there was life living underneath it like whales. If god was the creater of all things he would have known this.

"In the beginning god created the heaven and the earth..." The 'heaven' in this case is the sky, and the earth, well... its the earth. But what about the rest of the universe? In comparison the earth is relatively young compared to the universe, did he create the big bang as well? Its not written because people of that era DIDN'T KNOW SH*T!

The holy books are so outdated its amazing how people still follow it so closely. You wouldnt study an 1880's driving manual if you want to go for your license today, why would you follow your life in the ways of the 200A.D

585112521[/snapback]

i like that analogy

costanza007    0

Right, new knowledge and new ideas are always right compared to old ones. Nothing old is ever true, it can't be, especially with everything being written on the Internet. Why, thats making everything in a book outdated immediately.

Dark_INk    0

585112521[/snapback]

i don't see it as a book to be taken literally- just as other religious books.

it's meant for personal interpretation, how you apply it to your life (if u choose to) is your responsability.

being a christian i'll b more specific about what has come to b known as the bible.

god did not write the words down in the human script u see today-

'his' lessons were written in their physical form by the ppl of the time- it is also important to note that much has been lost in translation (good movie btw)

ppl do have the right to follow it word for word- but this is rare, and most religiously conservative individuals would agree /w me that it's not meant in it's literal form.

btw- those who do follow the bible word for word are not any dumber than u.

in their lives they see fit to do this and shouldn't b persecuted for it.

Edited by Dark_INk

rojack    0

that's a pretty short list of Gods - what if the dude you offer sacrifices to aint on the damn list, huh?

i'll vote for Mamon - jus' for the hell of it - but i don' really mean it - ho ho

Dane    176

Yes I do I have had my ups and downs very bad downs but yes i now believe in God. To this entire thread, I must say that you MAY say what you want BUT yous dont have to yell back and forth at each other, there is NO reason for it guys. Say what you want nicely or not at all, or this thread will most likely get closed.

JustVince    0

I'm curious how many of the people that don't believe in God celebrate Christmas?

ph3412t3h13    0
I believe in God.  There's lots of proof of an intelligent creator all around us...just open your eyes and look.  :)

585112320[/snapback]

well see thats the whole thing

as humans (i think) we must think that the universe didnt simply create itself

that wouldve been too funky!!!! i mean what was there before the universe?

i simply dont believe in god because i looked at al the religions and decided that its not right for something to run peoples lives

so i just said screw it