• yes
    • no
    • he's there when u need him most
    • yes, but i dont pray
    • atheist
    • anarchist
    • i don't know
    • i don't want to answer, call me later

I'm curious how many of the people that don't believe in God celebrate Christmas?

585112707[/snapback]

well- you do have to aknowledge the fact that christmas has really seperated into three different things.

Christmas- the birth of Jesus Christ

Christmas- Red suit Santa

Christmas- the gray in between (ppl who practice both)

so basically there's christmas valentines day and christmas birthday.

(simple way of looking at it)

i celebrate both.

well- you do have to aknowledge the fact that christmas has really seperated into three different things.

Christmas- the birth of Jesus Christ

Christmas- Red suit Santa

Christmas- the gray in between (ppl who practice both)

so basically there's christmas valentines day and christmas birthday.

(simple way of looking at it)

i celebrate both.

585112744[/snapback]

Christmas is a religious holiday regardless of how people celebrate it.

It always saddens me to see some one that has rejected God. I hope someday that He will come back into your life! God brings nothing but joy and peace into my life, he is always there, and when i die, i know i'll be with Him.

585112454[/snapback]

its not that we reject him

its just that we dont think that someone is out there controlling everything

and that brings up another point which i hope people will accept as my opinion:

for me the idea of praying just gives false hope

btw im glas this thread is growing into something

well see thats the whole thing

as humans (i think) we must think that the universe didnt simply create itself

that wouldve been too funky!!!! i mean what was there before the universe?

i simply dont believe in god because i looked at al the religions and decided that its not right for something to run peoples lives

so i just said screw it

585112730[/snapback]

but u can believe in a god and not b religious.

but u can believe in a god and not b religious.

585112753[/snapback]

actually im not a nut on religion but i think the term "God" is only for the christians... i think

i think u can believe in "someone up there" and not be religious yes

actually im not a nut on religion but i think the term "God" is only for the christians... i think

585112763[/snapback]

Christians worship the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Patriarchs of the Jewish religion. God is the God of all, only those that turn to him and believe that He sent His son to die for their sins are "Christians".

585112763[/snapback]

but i used god, not God- there's the difference

(don't anybody go back n' check for continuity /w caps in my other posts- i'm being post specific)

Why the feck do we have to have these "Is there a god" or "Do you believe in God?" threads?? Its every so often.

The same thing happens. Someone asks the question and the flaming begins. Its bloody stupid.

To the people who flame because some people (including me) are atheist, well just ****ing grow up.

We're all different. We all have different views. Don't take the ****. :angry:

:wacko:

Why the feck do we have to have these "Is there a god" or "Do you believe in God?"  threads?? Its every so often.

The same thing happens. Someone asks the question and the flaming begins. Its bloody stupid.

To the people who flame because some people (including me) are atheist, well just ****ing grow up.

We're all different. We all have different views. Don't take the ****.  :angry:

585112826[/snapback]

i haven't really noticed any flaming on either 'side' of the issue.

and you're post goes only one way:

"To the people who flame because some people (including me) are atheist, well just ****ing grow up."

interesting.

if i noticed any flaming i would make a similar post- but for all of the 'sides'

We're all different. We all have different views. Don't take the ****.  :angry:

585112826[/snapback]

Hmm you should take your own advice dont you think?

1.We're all different. We all have different views. Don't take the **** HMMM you should take your advice there maybe

BUT when you say

GROW UP AND DONT FLAME PEOPLE FOR WHAT THEY BELIEVE IN TAKE YOUR OWN ADVICE! it's alright when you flame people but when they flame you thats it huh? well thats not it! You dont have to flame everyone for what THEY BELIEVE, and you believe what you believe in and just say that, no need for flaming is there??

You know, there's this book that was written thousands of years ago of the story of how cheese cured cancer. I know, me and all my friends sit around Sunday morning and read from this book. I've never really seen cheese cure cancer, however, this book says so and hundreds of my friends tell me its true therefore it must be. Its not that I don't believe that something is out there, or that something exists, I have just never seen any proof for myself, and therefore cannot pass judgement. If I was to believe everything I've ever read or seen there would be a word that I would choose to use to describe myself. 'Gullable'. I don't expect anyone who does beleive to understand how I dont 'just know' that he exists, obviously you have found him, and good for you. I've just never found any proof to convince me that one single being has created everything and is all mighty and powerful.

For all I know we're all alien experiments and when its done they're going to just push the big red button that makes the US president go insane and start declaring wars on third world countries which will ultimately bring about our destruction. If enough people believe in anything it can be considered a religion. Another word for a mass of people who follow a single belief or idea... a cult. One of the definition is even this:

2. A system or community of religious worship and ritual.

Go to dictionary.com and see for yourself. Heck, even number one could be accurate for those who require substantial proof before believing in something.

Im just saying we're all entitiled to our own opinions and as such shouldn't bash others for their beliefs. I do think that as humans however we have a responsibility to teach those after us that to think before they jump into the pool. :p

Wow, tempers flying. Religious beliefs always seems to offend people... :(

In a nutshell: Me? I'm agnostic. God comes down to Earth and says, "Here I am, praise me!" I'll be first in line. Until then, I'll go through life questioning everything. It's just the way I am.

For all I know we're all alien experiments and when its done they're going to just push the big red button that makes the US president go insane

585112895[/snapback]

luckily that hasn't happened yet :p

cheese?

http://home.online.no/~dusan/diseases/canc..._dr_budwig.html

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6688269/

who knows...

Edited by Dark_INk

not enough options,

i believe there is something powerfull outhere and i would label it god to give it a name but it has nothing to do with religon

585112956[/snapback]

the definition of religion

Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.

Isn't that what you described?

luckily that hasn't happened yet :p

cheese?

http://home.online.no/~dusan/diseases/canc..._dr_budwig.html

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6688269/

who knows...

585112926[/snapback]

Well that's it, Im starting a cheese church, anyone want to join?

This is my picture of my cheese god, anyone have a picture of theirs?

cheesblock2.jpg

You know, for all the atheists / agnostics / "anarchist" posting to this thread, you would think the polling would show something different. Maybe there's a bunch of closet Christians out there... More than 2:1 for the Christians -- yeah God!!