• yes
    • no
    • he's there when u need him most
    • yes, but i dont pray
    • atheist
    • anarchist
    • i don't know
    • i don't want to answer, call me later

I'm a Christian therefore believe in God. However Satin also believes in God just dosen't love him. Believing in God will not get you to heaven nor doing lot of good things and nver getting into trouble. For more info see a Church or if you not confortable with that, me.

You know, for all the atheists / agnostics / "anarchist" posting to this thread, you would think the polling would show something different.  Maybe there's a bunch of closet Christians out there...  More than 2:1 for the Christians -- yeah God!!

585119489[/snapback]

i'm not sure if the poll votes have changed a whole lot since you posted that (i just now saw this poll) but if you combine the number of votes for "no" and for "atheist" it's about equal...not 2:1....

So Dunc, you're telling me that you can believe in God, be a christian version of Ghandi and still not get into heaven? But instead goto hell or purgatory? That doesnt sound like the teachings I learned while at school or when I went to church. Nor does it sound like a God that is all loving and forgiving.

I believe religion is an answer to unanswerable questions. For example...Why are we here? What is our purpose in life? How were we created? What happens after we die? People need an answer to these questions so they turn to religion because it gives them hope.

Why is there such a large amount of religions in the world? Because everyone wants to hear different answers to the questions I just stated.

If people actually believe that after a loved one dies, they go to heaven and they will meet them again after they, themselves die, why are they so sad? Its because they know deep down that they in all accuality, they never will see them again.

If people actually believe that after a loved one dies, they go to heaven and they will meet them again after they, themselves die, why are they so sad? Its because they know deep down that they in all accuality, they never will see them again.

585138524[/snapback]

i wouldn't say that... be careful when you make broad generalizations and assumptions.

religion is often something someone turns to when he/she needs guidance, such as when someone close dies or becomes ill. it's what keeps many people (relatively) mentally stable. it gives them faith that things will get better in time. i don't think they put it in such concrete terms that "it's ok that my husband/wife/etc died, because when i die i will rejoin him/her forever and ever in heaven" -- it's more of a "i'm very sad that this person died, but they are in a happier place now" type thing.

(note that i am not a religious person, just stating observations...)

I'm a Christian therefore believe in God. However Satin also believes in God just dosen't love him. Believing in God will not get you to heaven nor doing lot of good things and nver getting into trouble. For more info see a Church or if you not confortable with that, me.

585138441[/snapback]

You do seem so religious :rolleyes: I didn't know that satin fabric could believe in God and/or not love him. Perhaps you're describing Satan? :whistle:

i wouldn't say that... be careful when you make broad generalizations and assumptions.

religion is often something someone turns to when he/she needs guidance, such as when someone close dies or becomes ill. it's what keeps many people (relatively) mentally stable. it gives them faith that things will get better in time. i don't think they put it in such concrete terms that "it's ok that my husband/wife/etc died, because when i die i will rejoin him/her forever and ever in heaven" -- it's more of a "i'm very sad that this person died, but they are in a happier place now" type thing.

(note that i am not a religious person, just stating observations...)

585138679[/snapback]

Yeah, I completely agree with your observations. After my grandmother died (on my mother's side), my mom came to have a deeper belief in God and the afterlife. Before that, it was nothing big in her life, but afterward, she bought books and things to learn about different views of the afterlife and such... It's not like she goes to church or anything now, but she definitely became more spiritual in her beliefs.

Atheist, but I still celebrate Jesus's birth, on Christmas, by showering myself and the rest of my siblings/friends with gifts. :)

*EDIT: Don't let the sig/avatar sway what I just typed.

I'm curious how many of the people that don't believe in God celebrate Christmas?

585112707[/snapback]

Well my friend, it doesn't really matter since it has nothing to do with Christianity, Jesus even if we were to admit that he existed as a historical person, was born springtime but his birthday was moved by the Romans becauseback then there was to many holidays around spring and none on the fall.

And to who ever it was who thought that it is as easy as to open your eyes...there's nothing more dangerous than to just believe what you see, if mankind were to do that all the time, we would still think that the earth is flat...

Oh, and by the way, the Bible forces you to believe every word in it. Just so that you know...

Atheist.

Well my friend, it doesn't really matter since it has nothing to do with Christianity, Jesus even if we were to admit that he existed as a historical person, was born springtime but his birthday was moved by the Romans becauseback then there was to many holidays around spring and none on the fall.

And to who ever it was who thought that it is as easy as to open your eyes...there's nothing more dangerous than to just believe what you see, if mankind were to do that all the time, we would still think that the earth is flat...

Oh, and by the way, the Bible forces you to believe every word in it. Just so that you know...

Atheist.

585144736[/snapback]

:yes:

1. I believe religion is an answer to unanswerable questions. For example...Why are we here? What is our purpose in life? How were we created? What happens after we die? People need an answer to these questions so they turn to religion because it gives them hope.

2. Why is there such a large amount of religions in the world? Because everyone wants to hear different answers to the questions I just stated.

3. If people actually believe that after a loved one dies, they go to heaven and they will meet them again after they, themselves die, why are they so sad? Its because they know deep down that they in all accuality, they never will see them again.

585138524[/snapback]

1. We are here to glorify God...

2. Satan is the great deceiver!!!! He will try anything to stray you from The Lord's true teachings. All these false religons only make satan happy: more souls 4 him...

3. We are human after all, even Jesus Christ wept at the passing of Lazarus!

Dude, god is a DJ! (waves hands in air like a stoned raver)

585146413[/snapback]

ok i am sure that is someting we can al disagree on

if there are any small children on this forum listen carefully: GOD IS NOT A DJ

:pinch: :p :rofl: ;)

Atheist, but I still celebrate Jesus's birth, on Christmas, by showering myself and the rest of my siblings/friends with gifts.  :)

*EDIT: Don't let the sig/avatar sway what I just typed.

585138968[/snapback]

How could you have a sig like that? It is one of the symbols of satanism.

Most people cant interpret the Bible correctly. So people create their own interpretation of it and thats why so many religions are around today. Thats what I believe. I to find myself making my own interpretations to fit my life style even tho im christian I dont act like it but I still believe in God its just hard to live a real clean life and part myself from my material items and material ways.