Road Runner speed increase

FIOS Will be here verry soon... Im at 6/512 now, hopefully itll get bumped to 8/768 instead of just 8/512, upload matters too...:shifty:

Once FIOS gets here im switchin to the 15/2000 for 49 a month! i pay 69 now as it is...

• 2 weeks later...
if you got it, then i should have got it too *runs to take a speed test*

::nah, i think im still at 3-3.5...where did u test ur speed?

::::wooot, 1500 posts!  :D

585287224[/snapback]

i think you should try downloading a decent sized file. i dont think dslreports is too reliable anymore. they say im getting 3700bits down whereas im downloading at about 630-610kbps.

if you want you can try downloading a decent sized file from my site. its 14.1MB

http://www.hltd.net/files/snowtowcar.wmv

by the time they get to me, world gonna come to the end

585111547[/snapback]

Same here, Sprint is our local company and they have no plans to offer anything like FIOS. They are still trying to push DSL, always getting mail and calls trying to get me to sign up. I will stick with my cable modem -- faster and cheaper. Sprint is always behind everyone else, they took their time with starting DSL because they were working on some technology called ION (or something like that) and after it failed then the jumped on the DSL bandwagon and were way behind and now they are going to be behind on fiber :)

Alister

We're using R.R. Premium in Sugarland. No gains yet.

585290954[/snapback]

From what I've been reading on DSLReports we are not going to get ours till after the 15th.

if you want you can try downloading a decent sized file from my site. its 14.1MB

585287597[/snapback]

That wasn't your car, was it? Or a friend's? Wasn't you or anyone you know? :pinch:

Today... Time Warner Cable (Austin, Texas) is upgrading Road Runner, in this Area, and I believe nationwide. from 2mbps to 5mbps... this is a silly question. but will there really be a big difference in internet performance? will pop-up popup quicker.. etc?

I used to live in a Cox Served Area... Speed was 3000/256. Well, We had to move into a Mediacom Served area... and I heard that mediacom just went from 1500/128 to 3000/256.. So I was like "That's great.. I'll have the same speed.. i was worried about only having 1500"

Well, SOON as we move, Cox up's the speed to 4000/512 and 5000/512.. boy was i mad :angry:

I then hear DSL in this area just went up to 3000/384.. again, that made me even more mad :angry:

Next thing I know.. Every cable company left and right is going up 5000 or higher.. and here I'm crawling at this 3000 speed which I have been using for the past 4 or 5 years. When I had Mediacom@home years ago, back in 2001, My speeds were 5000/1500 for $30 a month!! and here 4 years later, I'm surfing at this 3000/256.. Really sad.

@Home was great.

I want upload speeds like this  :angry:  ( @ my college)

585105572[/snapback]

My highschool gets almost 3000 up but 200 down (thats when most people in the school are actually logged into the server and downloading.)

I pay about 40 for 3mbps service here but I can upgrade to 5mbps for free. Just gotta find time to call em.