suprnova.org thread

Quote (FD)

Hello all,

To keep this forum alive the admin have decided that we will be removing all torrent related sections immediately.

SFD Hosting is now just the host of these forums and nothing else to do with suprnova, as part of our AUP we do not allow links to P2P programs be they t0rrent or otherwise, anybody breaching these rules will be immediately banned for life. This goes for linking to torrent sites as well.

We understand that this may alarm people but in order to preserve this community we must practice this isolationism at least for the time being.

Thank you for your patience.

End Quote (FD)

Found this in the Suprnova Forums under announcements

suprnova.org isn't the one sucking up all the bandwith!  there is a TUN of sites that host way more torrents then suprnova.  its just another site gone down, and yes it was a very big site.  but its not coming back, R.I.P.  and move on and search for a new site to put your startup too... ;)

you guys also need to remember, 2 more sites are now closed.

youceff torrents and

isohunt

they are both gone as well :(

585129063[/snapback]

isohunt is still up, never heard of that other site you mensioned. I hope this isnt deemed as linking :huh:

Just to give you an idea how chaotic it is over there now(SN Forums), heres a screenshot off the "Suprnova Closed" topic...

Its a mess and its not pretty over there right now...lol

post-77438-1103494508_thumb.jpg

suprnova.org isn't the one sucking up all the bandwith!  there is a TUN of sites that host way more torrents then suprnova.  its just another site gone down, and yes it was a very big site.  but its not coming back, R.I.P.  and move on and search for a new site to put your startup too... ;)

youceff torrents and

isohunt

585129063[/snapback]

isohunt

This is still up many others down!

dang, does this mean i have to re-learn how to use my vcr to actually record tv shows now? i liked clicking links...

585129756[/snapback]

I know! I'd buy a tivo but I live in Canada (and cant) so I had a great setup going with Suprnova and my modded xbox...

Ah well, back to ol' IRC

The Google.Torrent trick kinda suck to be honest. I admit it's a nice trick, but 1) the torrent can easily be down [and] 2) What am I gonna do with 4gb file connected to 2seeds ?

That's what made suprnova and torrentbits so awesome, it's the fact that they had a huge amount of seeders.

no seeds = crap

Actually this will cause a huge decline in software sales. Many many people download software first to try it out to make sure it is worth the price tag, after they find that it is...they go buy it. I have done this dozens of times. Why should I pay for something before I even know if its worth the money. Would you buy a car without test driving it? or buy a TV for $500 before even seeing what it looks like, the sound and how good the picture quality is? Hell no, so why should we have to pay for our software first?

585129025[/snapback]

Hogwash.

If a company does not provide demo software then you call them a crap company and look for another solution from a company with better business practices.

Well i guess suprnova was used for a....

..purpose. I meen bittorent can be used for legitimate purposes (linux distros, MSDN librarys, open source software etc..) but suprnova was for the other side of bt; the pirate side. I dont like seeing anyone get busted but im not TRULY effected by this. Goodluck to the owners of SN and to the server company which hosted it :/.

I know alot of people are going to flame me for this one, but illegal software isn't all bad, to be honest the big money is in companies buying lots of licences for industry standard software. As we all know industry standard software is expensive, even a student licence is expensive. Now to get jobs we need to know how to use software like Photoshop, maya, max, xsi, visual studio etc... but how is this possible without lots of ???????? well its not, so illegal copies are the way to get better, i mean its no worse than downloading a fully working trial peice of software and then formatting and reinstalling after 30days, then when u have your good job thanks to the software u obtained then you buy it, simple.

Now i know some people never buy the software but i think thats the minority, but filesharing has actually helped the music industry, (who actually started as theives anyway back in the ye ol;) days ;) ) I mean how else do you find new music or get albums no longer for sale!!!! I must have about 10 albums you can no longer buy fortunatly I own them on CD but if it was to get damaged somehow its irriplaceable so i'd see if i can download i:)again :)

I think if this continues there will be a shortage of skills in certain things, there will be a decine in lots of things people are gonna really have there backs up about this and rightly so

youceff torrents and

isohunt

585129063[/snapback]

Isohunt isn't down, as far as I know. :D

i am curious to see what the next best thing since sliced bread will be. i am of the opinion suprnova was a benifit in more ways than one to people and the whole internet community.