games with amd athlon

i just built an amd athlon 1.4 gig with an asus a7m266 board.

No games work with this processor, im running windows me and all games just die when loading.

is there any patches i need for direct x or d3d to play games..

red faction, f1 racing championship and NHRA main event all dont work and they work on my p3 1 gig machine

help

My first instinct was to "LOL" and snicker whilst muttering " windows me....when will people ever learn" but hey, i won't do that. ;) Upgrading to directx 8 would be a good start if you have not already. Check your video card vendors website for latest released drivers, including your mobo. As for a patch...yeah, but its kinda hefty. 488 mb to be exact...its called Windows XP. Ya may have heard of it. It''ll solve all your problems......:)

~Keldyn

Start > Run > Type in "dxdiag" then go to the display tab. Check that all the "acceleration" options are enabled and it wouldnt hurt to do the direct3d and directdraw tests while you are there too.

~Keldyn

i get a dxdiag error and it shuts down,

i have reinstalled dx8 from the web site and still get the same error, even when i click the test function...

Weird :s Try the new drivers like aco suggested. Thats one of the first things i would be doing in a situation like this. Were you able to see what acceleration options were enabled and which are not ?

~Keldyn