• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Ordered a 42" Plasma Screen :D

-=NoX=-    0
I hate you. ;)

585135585[/snapback]

me too  :angry:

585135715[/snapback]

Me 3 :(

here come the trolls... :no:

Storm    4

Trolls?

-=NoX=-    0

:o u dont know what trolls are?

akaladis    1

i wish i had enough room for one of those :)

Storm    4
:o u dont know what trolls are?

585140192[/snapback]

yeah course i know what a troll is, but why would they troll in here?

mint0    11
yeah course i know what a troll is, but why would they troll in here?

585140222[/snapback]

cos its made by tiny :laugh:

insanekiwi    0

cool. post some pictures ;)

Storm    4
cos its made by tiny  :laugh:

585140232[/snapback]

naaa man tiny rock with anything other than PC's :p

cool. post some pictures ;)

585140251[/snapback]

Will do when i get it :p

jamend    0

The only thing I don't like about plasma TV's is the horribly low resolution... you're better off getting another display for your computer. I guess the amazing viewing angle/colour/contrast when watching TV makes up for it though =).

Malisk    142
About the life span: the last generation had an half-life of 30,000 hours (you can calculate how many years that is for you....). The current generation is more like 60,000 hours. Which is much more than anyone would want / need before changing his old-ass plasma tv! (half-life = when half the gazes are gone... which is pretty much the equivalent to say your tv now looks like crap)

585135927[/snapback]

How can people know if current generations of plasmas haven't existed for that long.

Or are you blindly believing what salesmen / manufacturers tell you? :o

Those life times sounds about as reasonable as their "100 year lasting DVD's". :rolleyes:

That was the first generation of plasma, this is the seccond :) Anyway thats what the guarentee is for ;)

585135755[/snapback]

How long does the guarantee last?

Hmm, anyway, as Cephas said above, I'm also a bit annoyed by the low resolution on them. They're so large that it gets noticeable IMHO. HDTV resolution would be great though. :)

Edited by Jugalator

ventrox    0

cool

very very nice :D

Storm    4

yeah, the res info : P

ixel Resolution - 853 x 480 (can handle 1280 x 1024 inputs)

Contrast / Viewing Angle - 3000:1 Contrast & 160? Viewing Angle

Ateoto    0
Current plasma TVs only last an average of 7 years I believe.  The plasma gas that is sandwiched in the monitor leaks out ever so slowly from the time it's first assembled.  After 5-10 years, the picture quality is degraded to a point where the unit needs replacing.

Current and next generation plasma TVs may last longer as I'm sure the big companies are putting a lot of money into figuring out how to stop the seepage issue.

585135887[/snapback]

Thanks for the Info, I knew they went bad, I didn't know the cause. I still want one though :happy:

Mouton    0
How can people know if current generations of plasmas haven't existed for that long.

Or are you blindly believing what salesmen / manufacturers tell you? :o

585140325[/snapback]

Do you suggest I should believe you instead of the manufacturer of my TV ? Hum... let's see........ A guy from neowin forums who don't even have the actual tv... or a sucessful Japanese company, in business for more than 85 years, that actually engineered the said tv... Difficult choice I must say...

About the low resolution: I chose an EDTV myself because I mostly play Xbox and watch DVD & TV (non-HDTV). A higher resolution wouldn't have helped for those. Higher resolution would be much pricier, and give me nothing...

All depends on what it's used for.

D,Ranged    1

I was going to buy one of those Tvs but had to put it off, Oh well post some pictures when you get it would you.

Vignesh    1

Cool, any pics?

theprotege    0
I was going to buy one of those Tvs but had to put it off, Oh well post some pictures when you get it would you.

585141009[/snapback]

ditto, instead i got a hd sony vega ... looks just as good, cost less, but is 500 times heavier ... i can't mount in on the wall or put it on a table but at least i dont have to worry about it being stolen (don't know of too many burglars who bring three or more friends along to carry stuff away).

SOSAGES1    0

a 42" plasma will look crap in a small room the res is naff and u will just see bad pikelation.

also make sure it has progressive scan and is hdtv enabled u would be a FOOL to buy one without it - infact ur a fool for buying a plasma surely the only 2 options are the 32"lcd Or if u have the room/cash the 37"?

Mouton    0

People sure knows a lot about LCD / Plasma TVs...

Me wonders where they got all this cool knowledge!.?

Question Mark    0

I hate you :blush: :: Goes and takes a mallet to his head :: :wacko: ::And Passes out ::

mufdvr3669    0
a 42" plasma will look crap in a small room the res is naff and u will just see bad pikelation.

also make sure it has progressive scan and is hdtv enabled u would be a FOOL to buy one without it - infact ur a fool for buying a plasma surely the only 2 options are the 32"lcd Or if u have the room/cash the 37"?

585141093[/snapback]

Actually my 42" panasonic looks good in my medium sized room, your not gonna sit 5 feet away from it. Mine is alwo not hdtv enabled but edtv, so I'm a fool cause I spend over a thousand less for something I'd rarely use. DVD's don't even display in HD yet. Dang, I must be stupid for not wasting all that money on something I really wouldn't use.

Mouton    0
Actually my 42" panasonic looks good in my medium sized room, your not gonna sit 5 feet away from it.  Mine is alwo not hdtv enabled but edtv, so I'm a fool cause I spend over a thousand less for something I'd rarely use.  DVD's don't even display in HD yet.  Dang, I must be stupid for not wasting all that money on something I really wouldn't use.

585141255[/snapback]

Which model do u have (u fool!) ? ;)

Storm    4

585141093[/snapback]

Well your completely wrong, anyway, our room is about 13 foot by 6 so its big enough :p

Yes it has progressive scan :p , HDTV will not be launched for some time over here so theres no point just yet

Cha0s_n00b    0

ha u got owned mine may not be plasma but it is a flatscreen 47"sony with the same dvdrecordable player and it only cost 1200can$ u got ownes suka :D

Mouton    0

...says the user in the Group: Banned

u sure gave us a *a lot* to think about!

:)