Ordered a 42" Plasma Screen :D

Well yesterday i took the plunge and ordered a Tiny 42" Plasma scree:D:D Which comes with free internet box (going in the bin:p:p and a free recordable dvd player thingy. Was a very good deal, about ?1800 with delivery and insurance, only thing is it will be here between now and 20 days time, isnt that bad i suppose. It also has 6 months interest free credit, so no payment till M:D :D

Go get o:laugh:gh:

585135576[/snapback]

Did you do any research, consumer-reports type reading before buying? I'm curious as to whether the newest plasma-screens have fixed the life-span issues with leaking gas.

as someone said before, watch out for burn-in. where i work they have 2 60" fujitsu plasmas and one just shows the network status and rarely changes, the other is connected to cable. the first one has ghosts from burn-in and they are horrendous. a waste of 10-15k if you ask me but eh, its not my money and they have plenty of it.

I hate you. ;)

585135585[/snapback]

lmfao!

plasma... damn... i hate you too! :rofl:

awesome buy man (Y)(Y) we will have to meet up one time... at your house of cource

i think that DVD recoder thingy isa DVD reocder setop box so ya can reocrd TV and DVd to DVD if ya dont want it and since ya getting it FREE send it my way for FREE and FREE just PM me

i think that  DVD recoder thingy isa  DVD reocder  setop box  so ya can reocrd  TV and  DVd to DVD  if ya dont want  it and  since  ya getting it  FREE send it  my way for  FREE and  FREE  just  PM me

585296150[/snapback]

hehe

after today when ive bought some dvd+rw's

itl be put to good use ;)

I went up to my Gran's last week, and i couldn't believe it, she had bought one of these puppies!!!

I was like...... well speechless.

There are amazing, like having your own cinema, :p

Nice buy. If only LCD's were the same price.... :woot:

yeah, the res info : P

ixel Resolution - 853 x 480 (can handle 1280 x 1024 inputs)

Contrast / Viewing Angle - 3000:1 Contrast & 160? Viewing Angle

585140405[/snapback]

853x480 on 42inch! Wow, we are far from true HDTV here! Even if it can handle high def, it down sample it to it's native resolution..... bad!!!

I'll wait for true HDTV on LCD....

853x480 on 42inch!  Wow, we are far from true HDTV here!  Even if it can handle high def, it down sample it to it's native resolution..... bad!!!

I'll wait for true HDTV on LCD....

585302796[/snapback]

Where do u live ?

How many HDTV channels do you have access to atm ?

HDTV channels is the only reason to get a HTDV-capable TV atm.

Picture quality on a large plasma is crap as its the same resolution as a normal TV so looks rubbish.

Imagine buying a large 42inch TFT Monitor and running it at 640 by 480.

585303184[/snapback]

well ours is great, its a lot better than the CRT one we had before....

Where do u live ?

How many HDTV channels do you have access to atm ?

HDTV channels is the only reason to get a HTDV-capable TV atm.

585303165[/snapback]

More than 10 channels of HDTV here (Canada/QC). All on Digital Cable.

CBC. CTV, ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, TSN, RNS, DiscoveryHD, CIT, EVE, MovieNetworkHD and ViewerChoiceHD

And the list is growing. So HDTV is something to look into. Not something that can emulate it.

What sort of specs are we looking at for a nice HDTV flat screen then?

I ask because I want one :D

585303205[/snapback]

Right now, nothing but CRT Tube can give you REAL HDTV 1080i at a lower cost. Some LCD can give you HDTV but $$$$

At CES 2005, some where showing new DLP TV that can do real HDTV but they will cost alot.

At best, DLP right now can give you real HDTV at 720p - Plasma is not even there yet.

More than 10 channels of HDTV here (Canada/QC).? All on Digital Cable.?

CBC. CTV, ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, TSN, RNS, DiscoveryHD, CIT, EVE, MovieNetworkHD and ViewerChoiceHD

585303230[/snapback]

I live in Montreal and have access to all the same channels you do.

And the list is growing.? So HDTV is something to look into.? Not something that can emulate it.

585303230[/snapback]

Something to look into: yes.

Something to buy atm: no, not for me.

Maybe in a couple of years, when the next DVD format is dominant.

The XBOX outputs in HDTV.

Personally I wouldn't buy anything from Tiny. Its just a re badged generic. Sky also sell them.

If your going to get a Plasma then Panasonic is the brand to go for. Great contrast ratio and excellent response times. Even still I'm not happy with the technology yet. Hopefully by 2006, UK sattelite HDTV broadcast date, plasmas will increased in quality and reduced in price. At the moment quality is with projectors. A digital DLP projector :D

The pixel size of the Tiny is huge, compare it with a Panny and you'll regret ever buying it. Kind of like those displays you see at the airport, good for static, or slow moving images. Then this just my opinion, I'm sure you did your homework before forking out your hard earned ca$h.

hmmm... im thinking of getting a job soon (i just turned 16) and i've seen posts offering 9 quid an hour part time doing data entry so long as u can touch type (i can, i do 60-70wpm if i gotta think about something, and 80-90wpm if im typing existing data, coz my brain works slower than my fingers ^^)

if i get a job, a plasma shure is on my to-do list :D

tiny is now selling 42' plasmas for 999 quid. however, i was wondering if it might be better to get a 43' rear projection tv for ?599. whats the life like on rear projection tvs?

Well yesterday i took the plunge and ordered a Tiny 42" Plasma scree:D:D Which comes with free internet box (going in the bin:p:p and a free recordable dvd player thingy. Was a very good deal, about ?1800 with delivery and insurance, only thing is it will be here between now and 20 days time, isnt that bad i suppose. It also has 6 months interest free credit, so no payment till M:D :D

Go get o:laugh:gh:

585135576[/snapback]

nice, but i like dlp/projection better