Logitech MX1000 Mouse

qeustion is the laser more dangeroes then the optical one? when shining excedently in your eye, not that you go lbind instantly

585225908[/snapback]

THe MX1000 contains a Class I laser. Class I lasers cannot, by definition, damage your eye. (I just did a 4000 word research paper on lasers....I'm so proud...)

qeustion is the laser more dangeroes then the optical one? when shining excedently in your eye, not that you go lbind instantly

585225908[/snapback]

The Laser will not damage your eye if reflected directly into your eye.

...Also, Its being made that even if its tampered with it will not cause any harm.

Give me a few minutes and i'll find the resource.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got this mouse today from Newegg. Coming from 4 years of using an Intellimouse Optical (the perfect mouse, IMO), I was a little leary about going wireless and the general size and smooth of the mouse. My worries were put to rest as soon as I started using it. Like every other review has said, you do need to adjust to the weight of the unit, but, once you do, it just feels so natural. The tracking is smooth as can be and I have not found any skipping, whether it be on the Windows Desktop or a game or Counter Strike: Source.

The Pros:

- Matches contour of relaxed hand very well

- Smooth tracking equal to that of a corded mouse, with no delay, at all

- Tilt wheel with slight clicking while vertically scrolling

- Comes charged more than 50% so you can use it right of box

- Rechargeable battery

- Software includes some nice features such as "application switcher"

- Battery meter right on the mouse

The cons:

- A little heavy

- Not for left handed people

- Middle click (mouse wheel click) takes more pressure than it should

- Software UI is sub-par, at best.

- Chargin base is a little wobbly (spelling?)

Conclusion:

This mouse is not perfect, but it is damn close. It is the ONLY mouse I have been comfortable using besides the Intellimouse Optical.

hi, i too just recieved my mx1000 from newegg. i have to say that i'm impressed so far, but i agree with some of the previous posts about logitech's software being underpar. IMO, the setpoint software looks like it was written by freshman CS majors. anyone know how to get the extra buttons to work properly w/o using setpoint?

ps. 100 posts!

hows the battery life?

i mean with normal alkaline batteries

with my wireless intellimouse i get 5-7 months battery life

585167082[/snapback]

The MX 1000 uses a lithium ion battery, so you don't use regular batteries. The pack is good for about 500 full charges, which, at a rate of about one full charge every two weeks or so (I use mine 8 hours a day and I charge every two weeks, so this is a good guess), gives you about 19-20 years before the lithium ion pack dies permanently.

Ive had mine since October...

Very good.

Only one problem with mine... The white Logitech Logo has rubbed off :(

585205247[/snapback]

Mine was gone in about two weeks. Oh well.

what do you people reccomend for the best settings and thebest surface(mousepad) for the mx1000

585211324[/snapback]

Anything except clear glass I think. even frosted glass should work. I don't have a mousepad for mine...it just takes up space.

To oddcrap: You started the review well enough, but forgot to talk about the most important feature of the MX 1000, the fact that it's a laser mouse and not an optical mouse. With the laser, you get:

- increased precision

- mouse on any surface, even reflective surface

- 20x the tracking power of normal optical mice

Also,

- FastRF technology gets rid of wireless lag

- sculpted shape fits the right hand perfectly

- 4 way scrolling with 'Cruise Control' (auto-scroll)

Ok so now I'm confused are the 2 pictures below of the same mouse? :wacko:

There's a 'Charcoal' MX1000:

B0006FLOV8.01-A1VC38T7YXB528.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

And there's a 'Midnight' MX1000:

46410115.jpg

Not sure if it;s just online retailers using different names and if the mice look different due to the shine and reflective surface off the top of the contours of the mouse ???

Found them both available for sale in the UK too! :)

Edited by ]EGG[

I'm trying to work out if it's one in the same mouse and different retailers are calling it the same thing and the different pattern you see on each mouse above is just the shine reflected due to the angles of the mouse!

Anyone know for sure?

I got mine over a month ago. Thus far I've charged it once. :) As a disbled person with crippled hands I have had an extremely hard time finding a mouse that fit my hand. I glad to say that I now have. The mouse handles very well and respondes immediately if you leave it alone for an hour or so then come back to it. My last mouse was the Logitech Cordless Optical Mouseman and it drank batteries like no tomorrow. What is great about this mouse is when I take my laptop somewhere other than my dorm I can leave the AC back and simply bring the base station. I also happened to get a great deal as I got it for Staples for $60 CDN.

My only question is how can you program the forward button to work in Firefox? I got the back button to work by programing it as backspace but what is the shortcut in Firefox?

just recieved the logitech 3100 combo, its wonderful really beats the hell out of that mx duo (the combo w/ 700mx).. the mouse does feel alot different from the 700 tho which kinda bugs me since i got so used to the 700, but in due time im sure ill get so used to it, if ur considering buying this mouse.. spend a few extra bucks and get the keyboard/mouse combo.. the keys are extremely quiet on the keyboard.. wonder how long that'll last

beats - does the 3100 combo set have a blue'ish colouring to it? I jut ordered the Logitech 'midnight' black MX1000 laser mouse and wanted to find a black cordless Logitech keyboard to go with it but it HAS to be pure black in colour. If you get a chance too could you post a close up photo of your new desktop please :)