Logitech MX1000 Mouse

Most stores in the UK suck at support and Returns...

In my order of worst places to buy from

Overclockers.co.uk

eBuyer.com

585356199[/snapback]

Dont say that man lol, my possible new system might be coming from both of those companys :unsure:

Ok, I decided to actually open the box, the mouse is black, deep, deep black. I think. :blush: The box is regular though and has absolutely no mention of Midnight, is this right? :blink:

post-2629-1106677365.jpg

post-2629-1106677344.jpg

Someone tell me what colour that is, I'm colourblind.

That's sexy. I'll trade you for my blue one? Looks a bit too glossy though Dazzla, is it really that glossy? Sweaty hands might have trouble holding that.

Well the side looks like a charcoal colour to me, but black plastic that isnt shiny usually does look like that :p Just call it black/ very dark grey.

Nice looking mouse tho and having no power level on this mx700 really bugs me... so I might upgrade to the mx1000

It's not as glossy as the photos suggest, I was taking it close up from a low angle with the lights reflecting all over it. I've boxed it back up now until I get my new PC, I'll take proper pictures then.

I gotta say as well, this fits so damn perfectly in my hand, unbelievably feels nicer than my old MX900.

loking at those pics dazzla posted..i'm very happy i went for the standard blue one..looks way better... the black one looks like its been made with cheapo plastic... :/

my only concern is my current mx1000 skips alot... waiting for the place where i purchased this from to get a new batch which has this problem resolved.. :yes:

I tried taking a few quick shots from the same angles. Should be able to compare from these. His is obviously much more glossy. If it was black, but much less glossy, it'd look great.

post-35193-1106678548_thumb.jpg

post-35193-1106678562_thumb.jpg

I must say I was kind of jealous when I heard there was a black model but after seeing the black one I'm glad I got the blue one. Either way it's still a great mouse.

Dont say that man lol, my possible new system might be coming from both of those companys&nbsp:unsure:e:

585356221[/snapback]

I've ordered from them quite a few times and had nor problems at al:D:D

Saying that i have never had to return anything although my bro had to send back his mobo to ebuyer, but that was painles:):)

I've ordered from them quite a few times and had nor problems at al:D:D

Saying that i have never had to return anything although my bro had to send back his mobo to ebuyer, but that was painles:):)

585360149[/snapback]

Off the main topic - but returning stuff to eBuyer is one huge pain in the arse. I am struggling to get them to acknowledge they sent me the wrong hard drive 6 days ago. I raised the issue online and have had no response. There is no way to call them by phone, you can ONLY contact them online.

After this gets sorted (if it ever does) I will NEVER buy from eBuyer again - and up till now I've spent over ?1000 with them. Many other people complain about eBuyers return service too ( http://www.blagger.com/scripts/db4.php?rec...&company_id=630 ).

I've heard Dabs.com is a little better, but they have no contact phone number either if you have problems.

All these companies seem great when they get your order right, but if things go wrong, then their true character comes out. Ebuyer sucks.

As with most places (more typically so especially with Ebuyer and Dabs) there keen to take your money off you but drag their feet when it comes to RMA's/Refunds :( In an ideal world companies like these would employ equal amounts of customer service/returns dept staff as they do sales personnel.

It sucks though because we have to pay carriage back to Ebuyer, that's balls.

585356091[/snapback]

Distance Selling Regulations are a beautiful thing:

(5) Subject to paragraphs (6) and (7), the supplier may make a charge, not exceeding the direct costs of recovering any goods supplied under the contract, where a term of the contract provides that the consumer must return any goods supplied if he cancels the contract under regulation 10 but the consumer does not comply with this provision or returns the goods at the expense of the supplier.

(6) Paragraph (5) shall not apply where -

? ?  (a) the consumer cancels in circumstances where he has the right to reject the goods under a term of the contract, including a term implied by virtue of any enactment...

and

7.? - (1) Subject to paragraph (4), in good time prior to the conclusion of the contract the supplier shall -

?  (a) provide to the consumer the following information -

? ? ? (ii) a description of the main characteristics of the goods or services;

The general gist being that, because they broke the contract, they can't charge you. I just love it so much when suppliers try to break DSR.

Edit: Also, is the person who created this thread the person who wrote this review? The text is mostly the same, and the images are. No offense meant. :)

Edited by Alekix

Rubbish. My MX1000 "Midnight" came today ( :rolleyes: ), it was the ****ing bog standard one. Now do I go through the hassle of returning it because the colour is wrong?

insanekiwi, have you got any photos of your black one?

585355969[/snapback]

Black Magic Marker :D

I tried taking a few quick shots from the same angles. Should be able to compare from these. His is obviously much more glossy. If it was black, but much less glossy, it'd look great.

585356404[/snapback]

looks so new.. :(

I had only ne problem with mine..... The forward and back buttens wont work when the set point is installed in fire fox.... But will work in IE.... I e-mail logitech and they had me set the buttens to do what I needed so back would be alt+left and forward would be alt+right... But other then that I love my mouse!