Logitech MX1000 Mouse

Ive had this mouse for a few months now.

Positively the Best mouse ive Ever had.

I unfortunately have the Revision/Batch that has been reported to have skipping issues, Which doesnt both me most of the time. Only when ive got the Cross-hairs of the AWP on sumones head and it suddenly skips and moves my aim UPWARDS :p

Great mouse desite the rare skips in tracking. :)

I have the wireless duo (the wireless keybaord and mx700 combo), will the mx 1000 work with the keyboard or do i need to wait for the combo to come out down here?

I have the wireless duo (the wireless keybaord and mx700 combo), will the mx 1000 work with the keyboard or do i need to wait for the combo to come out down here?

585613620[/snapback]

both will work but you will need both base to make them to work

I got it simply because it has a lazer in it :D Excellent mouse the battery lasts about a week or two but i normally leave it on its stand anyway. You have to be careful to keep dust away from the sensor or the cursor can go crazy :(

I have to RMA my MX-700 because my right mouse button is breaking, but Logitech is supposedly sending me the MX-1000 as a replacement. I hope it's better than the 700!

This might sound odd, but does someone have a picture of the mouse while it's charging? I'm curious to see if the charging mouse has a blue LED. Aside from the keyboard, every computer equipment I have uses a blue LED, something that I like. :)

By the way, is this the mouse that supposedly goes into "sleep" mode after a certain period of inactivity?

I have to RMA my MX-700 because my right mouse button is breaking, but Logitech is supposedly sending me the MX-1000 as a replacement. I hope it's better than the 700!

This might sound odd, but does someone have a picture of the mouse while it's charging? I'm curious to see if the charging mouse has a blue LED. Aside from the keyboard, every computer equipment I have uses a blue LED, something that I like. :)

By the way, is this the mouse that supposedly goes into "sleep" mode after a certain period of inactivity?

585638907[/snapback]

I've found it to be better, especially in games, so other than the getting used to the shape of it, you should like it.

It's a camera phone so excuse the quality, the lights seem a little more yellow than what is shown in the picture but you get the idea..

03210513509ak.th.jpg

The only thing I dislike about my MX1000 is that when I am playing a game using keyboard controls that mouse will move without even touching it causing the game to switch to mouse control :laugh:

I've found it to be better, especially in games, so other than the getting used to the shape of it, you should like it.

It's a camera phone so excuse the quality, the lights seem a little more yellow than what is shown in the picture but you get the idea..

03210513509ak.th.jpg

585649018[/snapback]

Awesome, I appreciate the picture (Y)

• 2 weeks later...

I won MX1000 on one local lottery. What kind of pad would feet better to such kind of mouse. I'm thinking about QcK Steelpad. Lot's of place to move. What do u think?

im used to my mx1000 by now. you need big handy to handle it :p not those girly geek fingers. i'm glad i dumped my old ms intelli explorer for it.

• 3 months later...

umm.. sorry to bump this thread but this is the most relevant thread to the mx1000 mouse that i've found so far.

i've been using mine for about 6 months and untill recently it worked perfectly. Recently it's started stuttering however and tonight I installed the new xp-64 drivers that were JUST released by logitech and tonight it's stuttering horribly!

If i connect it to my ps2 port it works perfect however i seem to lose functionality of all my buttons! even the scroller stops working! and when i click to get into the setpoint it doesn't give me the same options as when it's plugged into the usb port.

i've seen many people say "why not just plug it into your ps2 port since you wont lose anything" so i wonder.. did those people actually try it ?? am i missing something? Is there a way to make ALL the many buttons on my mx1000 work while it's plugged in the ps2 port?

thanks for the reply..

oh btw.. i have the lzb version so it seems by the serial code under the mouse.. could i exchange it after 6 months you think?

if you're in the uk you may have a 3 year warranty.

but regardless, i'm sure your warranty is long enough for you to send it back to get it repaired/replaced.

i'm considering getting this mouse from all the positive reviews i've read. i'm a lefty, so i'll have to get used to it, but i'm willing to for such as great mouse.

edit: the mouse needs to be good for gaming.

Edited by Bhav