• Instant Messangers
    • Chat Rooms
    • Neowin
    • Typing Software
    • I Type With 2 Fingers...
    • I Don't Now How To Type Properly
    • Other: _________

I said other.

As far as I know, I learnt to type using either Word, or using hotmail's "compose message" section.

But for all I know, I don't really know how to type properly. All I know is that I dont use two fingers.

i think i learnt to type on a keyboard, though i might be wrong :p (i can do about 80wpm @ qwerty and have tried learning a bit of dvorak as it seems to make more sense, only think that stopped me is ctrl+c now is ctrl+i (where i is on qwerty is c on dvorak) and ctrl+v is ctrl+.(or something like that))

i learn how to type on some old apple macs and the old amiga computer i owned and later the 486DX that i had.. been on computers since i was 8 or 9 and it just kinda devolopes over time although i cant still have a few mistakes when im touch typing because i just have blanks as to where the keys are but im certainly not as fast a typer as my father... years on the old typewriters being a piolice officer typing up reports got him pretty good at typing.

you want to see fast typing.. check out most chinese university students in china, or the itnernational students.. they can type chinese characters about as fast as many people i know can type one character and that requirs them to type between 2 and 5 english characters and then choose the correct character that matches those roman characters.. thats bloody fast. its a necessity when typing chinese.. my typing of chinese is terrbily slow unfortunately.

Originally my Dad tried to get me to type using Mavis Beacon, but I was too bored to continue with it. So back in the days when ICQ was all the rage I learned how to type. When I ended up enrolling in a typing class I kicked everyone's ass. It was great.

I just learnt to type over the years of using the computer. After you saying the whole using 2 fingers thing, i do except for space, return, enter, caps lock etc (i think, i watch the screen rather than my fingers) So... am i a crip at typing? lol

I grew up on computers (Commodore 64 and Amiga, then PC in circa 1992 after the Amiga pretty much died), so ever since I was able to read letters, I was learning how to type. However, when DOOM came out, that gave me a lot of practice, because I was downloading all sorts of add-ons, levels, editors, et cetera, and since it was mostly DOS back then, I had to learn how to navigate. I was in fourth/fifth grade at the time.

Started on my Commodore 64 about 20 years ago. To play most of the games you had to type {Load"*",8,1} and then of course wait about 5 minutes for the game to load. :wacko: I got real quick typing that in. Then of course the type in programs in the magazines helped my typing skills.