• School
    • Instant Messangers
    • Chat Rooms
    • Neowin
    • Typing Software
    • I Type With 2 Fingers...
    • I Don't Now How To Type Properly
    • Other: _________

lol... i knew this korean dude (still keep in touch with him a bit) and he was an exchange student. DAMN he types FAST (only using the korean layout, with qwerty he is about 60wpm, but with korean layout he does in the hundreds) and he tells me that lots of his friends in korea type WAY faster than he does and that he is slow :s

I took a typing class in high school. We used the old word processors (before computers :D ). I started at around 12 wpm and worked my way up to 65 wpm. Right now, I'd say I'm between 40-50 wpm.

I have been using a computer since i was 5 and that time we had a computer which still had DOS on it. I learned typing by typing commands on it. Now i use mostly 9 fingers and rarely i use the 10th finger.

in grade 8 we had a typing class, but that really didnt do much, i guess i just tought my self over the years of just typing, somtimes i look at the keyboard, for like punctuation, and when im thinking about what to write next.

typing is strange its like a second nature, i dont think there are that many things i can do with my eyes closed that are as complex as typing.

Really at home at about 6 years old. I used some old school typing game back in the day on like an Apple IIe with a city at the bottom and letters falling. You had to type the letters while they fell to save the city. It also had some tutorials on how to do it. Then they started us in typing classes in the 4th grade, and I took courses from 4th - 9th grade on typing. I do think Instant Messaging has a profound effect on typing performance. I currently type at about 90 WPM when I want to, but I typically just take it easy.

Funniest thing about me:

I type with the keyboard drawer shoved under the desk so that I can sit closer to the monitor...I can't see the keys but it doesn't matter.

< TOTAL GEEK

:x

I learned how to type from my early days of playing MUD's and Sierra's The Realm. Lots and lots of chatting and game commands.

Back then I could only type at about 40 WPM, but now I'm a little over 150 WPM.