vick to be highest paid player in NFL history

ummm, vick is getting $2 million more for 3 more years. It's not more than Manning's deal, just more years. Really don't care for either quarterback, just don't see how you can pay a quarterback this much when he can't pass.

http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/news_story.asp?id=109051

eat your heart out manning!

585154740[/snapback]

Hmmmmm...is this going to be another Kevin Garnett fiasco? I just don't understand the point of being the highest paid, leaving your team ZERO chance at free agent signings. Especially when you aren't even the best player at your position; maybe Vick can pull a KG and become MVP and actually earn some of that money.

Oh well, I've got more problems here in the Bay Area (49ers) to worry about.

i hate vick, he sucks. so overrated. what is he averaging? somewhere around 2 picks and 2 fumbles a game. i'm sorry, but there are at least 5 other qb's i'd rather have than him. waste of money if you ask me. i'll guarantee you right now they will never win the super bowl with him. write that down.

The reason he throws picks and doesn't pass well in the NFL is because he has NO TARGETS!!!! I watched him through college and he has great touch and accuracy passing the ball, but he has nobody that hangs onto the ball in Atlanta....it doesn't matter though, becuase even without any recievers he can still put the entire team on his back and take them into the playoffs. Doesn't matter how it gets done....

This is a big gamble on the Falcon's part. Vick is way too unreliable. He gets hurt a lot. If he couldn't run the way he did he wouldn't be half the quarterback he is now. He has great arm strength, but he needs to work on his accuracy and patience. When he's on he is amazing, but when he is off he is horrible. Personally, I don't think he's one of the top 3 QBs in the league. I like Vick, but I think sometimes he gets too much credit because he makes dazzling plays on occasion.

am i the only one that thinks he isnt that great? he scrambles so much hes bound to get blasted by some safety. If anyone should be paid that much i think mcnabb is the best all around qb in todays game manning might be the most consistent, but mcnabb is all around the best.

i'll guarantee you right now they will never win the super bowl with him.  write that down.

585156941[/snapback]

quoted so i can rub it in. it will happen. maybe not this year, but in the next 5. write that down.

am i the only one that thinks he isnt that great? he scrambles so much hes bound to get blasted by some safety. If anyone should be paid that much i think mcnabb is the best all around qb in todays game manning might be the most consistent, but mcnabb is all around the best.

585157100[/snapback]

remember, this is only michaels second full season as a starter. first year he backed up chris chandler, then last year he was hurt. he's only 24 years old. so much ahead of him.

quoted so i can rub it in. it will happen. maybe not this year, but in the next 5. write that down.

remember, this is only michaels second full season as a starter. first year he backed up chris chandler, then last year he was hurt. he's only 24 years old. so much ahead of him.

585158417[/snapback]

hehehehe, it's on! :D

you stole my line too :happy:

even though i stole it from van wilder...

Being my team also, at least we locked up #1 pick.

585154788[/snapback]

#1 picks in the NFL are highly overrated and in about 98.6% of the time they never amount to much. I'd rather the 49ers trade down a few notches to stock-pile some draft picks. We need so much help on the offensive line it's not even funny anymore.

Back to Vick...he won't win a Super Bowl. I am confident you all have paid attention the past 15 years or so - not one Super Bowl champion was led by one single player. I hate the Falcons but if I'm a fan I'm pretty angry right now and I'd point all of it back to the Peerless Price signing. The guy hasn't done anything and they have so much money tied up in him. Also Warrick Dunn. TJ Duckett is proving himself to be a quality running back. Trust me, 49er fans are going through the same garbage with Kevan Barlow right now - one big season and they hand him a multi-year deal while Skip Hicks is on the sideline as a free agent making the minimum and has done alot more this year than Barlow.

no, i hate anything and everything associated with michael vick. he was overrated in college, he is overrated now. that and there's no way this style of qb will stay healthy for even half that time.

585158417[/snapback]

That's why I can't believe they are already giving him that much money. Doesn't anyone have to prove anything anymore??? :huh:

No one likes the Michael Vick commercial where the kid goes on the Micheal Vick ride/rollercoaster?!

585159210[/snapback]

actually no. i'm a falcons fan and i dont like that commercial. look at all the other falcons on the team.. theyre just jumping around cheering like dumbasses instead of blocking. it really feeds the one-man team image.

actually no. i'm a falcons fan and i dont like that commercial. look at all the other falcons on the team.. theyre just jumping around cheering like dumbasses instead of blocking. it really feeds the one-man team image.

585160960[/snapback]

Did you know it was an actual ride and not just a commercial? Read about it here.

Did you know it was an actual ride and not just a commercial?  Read about it here.

585163577[/snapback]

LMFAO!!!!!!!

that was great!! thank you so much for that, put a smile on my face :)

(i thought you were serious for a second there, when i clicked on the link)

hahaha, the kyle boller experience.....