What is your internet connection ???

133 members have voted

1. 1. What is your internet connection ???

• Standard Dailup
    • Isdn
    • DSL
    • Cable
    • Satellite
    • T1
    • T3
    • 100Mbs+ (GOD LIKE CONNECTION)

A super powerful 56k modem that SOMETIMES connects at 32kbps :devious:

3 weeks on DSL......and I'm less than 2 miles from the

DSLAM, most of the time, it's 1100k, at times, it hops up

to 1500k, capped 128k up though......I don't upload

much ;)

I didn't want an "always on" connection like cable, I wanted the log on/log off ability of DSL, and installing it

myself without any "help" from the cable guy. Plus, I live

near a university, and I know for a fact there are a LOT of college people on cable in this node, so I didn't want any bog downs, when they felt the need for a frag fest :s

:alien: :alien:

@Office OC44 :D :p :cool:, H0ME is DSL and i live 10 paces from the DSLAM! :D So i get (most of the time) 1.5-1.7 A sec. Down, and 700+ up!

-sMk

Cable...uncapped download speed (presumably 1.5mbps) and 128 kbps upload speed. Ok! Now back to my download session. Broadband the real way to surf internet! :D

Still on 56K dial-up. Can't get DSL until late this year. I roughly connect between 36.0 and 45.2 Kbps.

Hi,

I'm doing a report at school for the connections of internet. I like to know what connection that you use (e.g. dsl, cable, t1, ...), your speed (e.g. u128/d1024), the prize for your connection and limitations, your provider's name, and the country.

It would be a great help

Originally posted by gOnS

Hi,

I'm doing a report at school for the connections of internet. I like to know what connection that you use (e.g. dsl, cable, t1, ...), your speed (e.g. u128/d1024), the prize for your connection and limitations, your provider's name, and the country.

It would be a great help

I have cable that I got at Christmas. It's RoadRunner Ohio on TimeWarner and costs about $45/mon.

I had a dial-up before that with Voyager.net. I was really happy with the service and 45k connection until Ameritech f*cked with my lines and dropped me to 28.8. THAT'S when I got cable.

:D:D:D:D:D

anita

Originally posted by naap51stang

I didn't want an "always on" connection like cable, I wanted the log on/log off ability of DSL, ... :alien: :alien: [/b]

I understand why you have a DSL connection, but a cable connection doesn't have to be on all the time. My 'puter and cable box is off when I'm at work or out of town and I turn it on when I get home. I just keep it on for long periods when I'm at home so I can run the Seti program.

:D:D:D:D:D

anita

yeap... well i'm on 56k...

it sucks... it is horrible..

I could get DSL, but it is too expensive... Cable isn't avaible in my area yet :( i've been waiting for over 2 years!!! :'(