Do you drink alcohol?

Do you drink alcohol?  

675 members have voted

1. 1. Do you drink alcohol?

• Always
    • Sometimes
    • No
    • Hate

All i can say is its a very different attitude in the UK (generally). We can drink at 18 (you can get into most pubs at 16-17 if your lucky) so people tend to love their drink.

I bartend and so am used to drunk people, but generally being drunk its not a bad thing at all. People are generally friendly, and out for a good time. Bad decisions are normaly fun at the time and it certainly gives you a few stories to tell.

I serve a lot of people that don't drink, and they seem to be having a lot of fun, but i don't think its wise to demonise something like alcohol, when it can provide a lot of enjoyment for many when used responsibly.

Its your own self control that causes the problem, not the alcohol

And if you do loose your self control, why not have a little fun doing it.

not really sure why i'm posting, but hey, ain't boxing day fun :)

//rant over

585171426[/snapback]

good comment

No, only you can make yourself drunk. I drink maybe twice a month, at most, and it's only 2 or 3 beers, nothing more. Look, I'm a very firm believer in not getting drunk and such, but having one or two beers, when you're legal, isn't bad, at all.

585171335[/snapback]

True to that. I only rarely drink. I hate getting drunk. At most, I probably only have a two glasses (not bottles) of wine a week and maybe a Gin and Tonic on a weekend. If that. I usually have one drink every week (or other week).

You really have to get used to the taste of beer, and alcohol in general. When I first had a beer, I hated it, and I too thought how could anyone drink this ****? But then I started drinking more of it, and I got used to the taste. Just something you have to adapt to.

never more, I'm ex drunk for 30+ years unfortunately, but in last four years I'm really a man I don't drink nothing only water and coke, I live into a real world now, avoid drink people believe me :)

as a teenager, i saw kids cave to pressure, and try to impress others by drinking. i can't see whats so cool about being drunk. :p

yeah, occasionally i might have a little bit, not getting smashed or anything though.

Red wine (Rioja!!), cider, lager, vodka, JD, tequila....

Yes I drink. I've had some incidents which could've only happened whilst being totally hammered...

I rarely drink, and there are only a few alcoholic drinks I can tolerate. I don't mind some mixed drinks, or something like a lambic (a good Belgian one in framboise).