First Quake 4 Screenshots

Looks good and I will probably get it.

However, I think what people like about HL2 more is that its graphics look VERY realistic. D3 always has a "shiny plastic" look to it. Everything looks sprayed down with oil and water to me. Too sleek and shiny...

Cant tell much from the screenshots, they look a lot like doom3..which isnt suprising as they use the same engine!

Hopefully they show what the D3 engine can really do and shut up the valve fanboys :shifty:

What I really hate is they are blurring the lines between Doom and Qauke. :angry: I want Quake 2 back :(

585181900[/snapback]

come play ctf buddy

64.202.114.36:27910

we still play it everyday!

but I guess it will be time to leave it soon...

Id Software should just give up (N)

if they make the engine like Chronicles of Riddick, then we have what quake 4 should become.

Edited by Jase

It's nice how you all say that Doom 3 looks crap now, even after you said it looked amazing before its release, and I was preaching on about how crap it looked.

Think for yourself.

Whats everyones problem the DOOM engine is very good, its alot more atmospheric than source. People say ooh DOOM engine is so crap.. think could you do any better? no you could not!

Saying that I thought they would come out with a new engine since they been working on Quake 4 years. We cant have all game development companies using 2 engines :yes:

bleh, i find doom 3 engine fugly and dark

they should have used source

585181726[/snapback]

"Engine" is not the way the game looks. Knowning how id Software does things, you make the environment in a 3D design program, and compile it. The Doom3 engine just renders it to OpenGL and controls the gameplay,

Whats everyones problem the DOOM engine is very good, its alot more atmospheric than source.  People say ooh DOOM engine is so crap.. think could you do any better?  no you could not!

585182598[/snapback]

This argument of not being able to do something that someone else has done is a poor one. It dosen't hold up anywhere, so don't use it.

If your house was falling apart, would you say "Oh well, let it fall apart, I couldn't have done any better myself"?

Whats everyones problem the DOOM engine is very good, its alot more atmospheric than source.  People say ooh DOOM engine is so crap.. think could you do any better?  no you could not!

585182598[/snapback]

I don't think the atmosphere is a part of the engine. And then you tried to justify by saying we can't make better engines..nice point :rolleyes:

Anyway my friend showed me these screenshots a while ago and they look really plasticy to me.

What happened to the fundamentals of a good first person shooter? With all this graphic hype games are coming out now, no one knows how to make a fun game, instead you just look nice but what the hell does that do in the end?

What happened to the fundamentals of a good first person shooter? With all this graphic hype games are coming out now, no one knows how to make a fun game, instead you just look nice but what the hell does that do in the end?

585182667[/snapback]

I'm thinking the same thing.. althogh good graphics can make a game better in many ways, but developers should starte looking at gameplay before graphics. Or else FPS will soon die out...

Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla ...

This is what I read when peeps post disgraceful comments about something in progress...

YES, something IN PROGRESS.

I really liked Doom 3 and it's gfx. Those Quake 4 gfx are looking a little bit better. Prolly due to better textures and better modeling.

I am extremely looking forward that game. As long as it still have the "keep going and shoot" style, like Quake 2, it will be to my liking. Altough I wanted Doom 3 to be like the original Doom, I really liked Doom 3 gameplay and atmosphere.

ABC and a half!