Sharing LAN

42 members have voted

1. 1. Sharing LAN

• Hub
    • Switch
    • Router (expensive!)
    • Direct cable from computer to computer
    • None. I only have one computer

What device do you use for sharing between computers (assuming you have more than 1 computer)?

I have hub and connected to 4 computers.

Originally posted by altezza

What device do you use for sharing between computers (assuming you have more than 1 computer)?

I have hub and connected to 4 computers.

What do you use? Well You Use a Router!

Get a Cable/DSL Router that has a 4Port Switch.

I Suggest A Linksys - BEFSR41

http://www.linksys.com/Products/product.as...grid=23&prid=20

its quite a hot comodity, they had absolutely none the other day @ compusa.

I use the Linksys EtherFast 10/100 5-Port Workgroup Switch EZXS55W :)

200mbps (100mbps in both directions) and dedicated bandwidth :) This is for connecting 2 computers..

We got a switch up stairs (for all us kiddies - 4 of us) connected to a hub downstairs that is for my pops and my oldest bro with the router connected to it for the cable modem :D

It's fun to see people sharing internet connection, have access to internet at any time without waiting.

I have a dedicated W2K Server with two NICs configured as a router. I've added a linksys wireless PCI adapter and modified the antenna to create a 11 mb/sec wireless access point that covers my whole house for my laptop. My desktops are connected @ 100 mb/sec via a Linksys 5 port switch.

There is no doubt that a router is the most reliable option, but between two computers a twisted cable and two NICs in the server much more economical.

hub is shared bandwidth so if u got a 10mb hub its shared between how many ports u have and how man computers are online. switch is a direct line with the other computer your try'n to send and recieve from. so i would go for the all in 1 combo router/switch for great network speeds and sharing of your connection. yeah plus a switch is full duplex and a hub is half duplex