Bill G. Donated 3 Million

Yes he could, then everyone would be saying what a show off flaunting his wealth around.

Cody

585204241[/snapback]

but he could have given alot more than 3million. Maybe 500, or 600 million.

Nice, it seems to be a bit small, but it takes time to get some money.

Nice. :)

It's actually too early to just throw away billions, as they are still running around and don't know what to do.

Is there a list of what each country have donated, or will donate?

I read in this thread that the US government will donate $25M, and the UK $28M.

Sweden will donate $75M.

but he could have given alot more than 3million. Maybe 500, or 600 million.

585204243[/snapback]

How do you actually know that, though? Like has already been said in this thread, he is WORTH a lot of money, it doesn't mean he has it stashed under his bed or just sitting in his bank account, it's all tied up in various things. With the amount of money his and his wife's foundation have donated, I think it's fair enough. Since none of us know how much money is in Bill's bank account, I don't think it's fair to say he could've given more. In fact, I think it's out of order.

I say good on him, his donation is going to make a difference, that's what counts.

if you want more why don't you do the same with your own money?  :rolleyes:

585203068[/snapback]

Did he say he didn't somewhere?

pple make me sick to think 3 milllion isnt enough from bill why dont u donate more if u dont liuke the ammount he donated

Because they aren't as rich as him?

Hmm... I wonder... :p

Anyway, it's a good gesture from his side. :)

What I find most disturbing is news like these:

http://www.kentucky.com/mld/kentucky/news/...on/10535599.htm

Read "BRITAIN IS AID LEADER". Like it was a competition. :pinch:

Please, when are you people going to realize even if Bill actually donated a BILLION to the area, these people would STILL say he was cheap in donating "that little" when he's worth 40+ billion.

I've said it many times, Bill Gates is currently the most generous man on Earth. And this shows it once again.

I've said it many times, Bill Gates is currently the most generous man on Earth.

585204422[/snapback]

Hehe... Well, some people not having money may be more generous than him.

How would you know?

Yes, he's the RICHEST man on earth and can give a lot of money. That's true, but we're speaking of an entirely different thing when speaking of the personality trait of "generosity". I'm not saying Gates isn't, I'm just asking how you can "know" this.

Most of these people who are saying its not enough probably didnt even donate, even though they will say they have. Bill Gates was very generous in the 3 million donated, I dont see why there is any discussion over this.

Bill, you are a generous man.

And for you MS bashers:

Although Microsoft's software has a few of security problems, if you had half a brain, you wouldn't have to worry about them. If you know not to open email attachments from some dude you don't know, and don't run ActiveX controls from sites you don't trust running them, and use a firewall and some common sense. Also, if your using P2P, and you search for maybe a MP3, don't download a 50KB exe file and expect it to play music.

Hehe... Well, some people not having money may be more generous than him.

How would you know?

Yes, he's the RICHEST man on earth and can give a lot of money. That's true, but we're speaking of an entirely different thing when speaking of the personality trait of "generosity". I'm not saying Gates isn't, I'm just asking how you can "know" this.

585204436[/snapback]

Because when one man gives away more in a year, more than some countries GDP, more than most other "rich" people put together, more more more, and keeps doing it year after year even after being bashed front line and center, I call that generous. Most generous.

I have no money, I can't donate a penny, I feel horrible that I can't. But it makes me feel better there are people like Bill Gates in this world still.

people have to stop downplaying this contribution. 3 million USD is a huge donation, and will helps thousands of people. Gates doesnt have to donate one cent, and you should be more than happy than he is donating anything at all.

Well 3 mill is a drop in the Ocean for someone who is worth $40 billion.

He could have easily given a billion and not even blinked at it.

Nice gesture though. Every little helps.

585203040[/snapback]

He worthed $40 billion in 2000, now I think he worth about 60 or $120 billion :p

Bill is very kind.

Why do so many people stereotype him as the devil or as an evil man when about 95% of computers on this planet run Microsoft OSs and he gives so much money to charity?

Well 3 mill is a drop in the Ocean for someone who is worth $40 billion.

He could have easily given a billion and not even blinked at it.

Nice gesture though. Every little helps.

585203040[/snapback]

maybe he has billions, but he's been donating all his life... so he can cutback once in a while... and common it's 3 million, that's still a ton :laugh:

ya Bill :D

It's nice to see Bill donate, compared to all those other greedy corporate leaders.

585203010[/snapback]

Exactly, you don't see Donald Trump donating anything...

Exactly, you don't see Donald Trump donating anything...

585204768[/snapback]

Hey..steve jobs put a bunch of links on the apple site. What a generous man he be. :rolleyes:

Hey..steve jobs put a bunch of links on the apple site.  What a generous man he be.  :rolleyes:

585204772[/snapback]

:laugh:

Well, think about it guys. Bill Gates' company is directly linked to these countries because they have bases there. The least he can do is help them. Now Steve Jobs, Trump, and others have nothing there, so they can give a rats ass of what happens there (not trying to sound mean or anything).

3 Million outta his own pocket is.... is more than.. anyone else has donated (individual value that is). Even the top 5 banks in my city (Toronto) only donated 450,000 CAD (all together), that's NOTHING compared to 3M USD.

i hope more corporation leaders will step forward and do the same thing as Bill did.

What happen to Mr. Bad-Hair-All-Year-Long? He hasn't done anything yet? Usually, he's the first one to show-off what he did...

(I can't be bothered searching the other pages to see if this has been written,but....)

They'll make a tax deduction on all of that and won't actually pay a cent.  Most likely the money (donation) will come from MS's sub-companies and the major corp. will claim it as a loss. etc, etc.

That's all fine, but 3 million is a little cheap.  Bill would be spending 3 times that on his new years eve party.

Microsoft.  Pffff.  The dude is seriously-soft.

585203232[/snapback]

If you feel that 3 million is a little cheap then les see you donate more. Put up or shut up.

I've said it many times, Bill Gates is currently the most generous man on Earth. And this shows it once again.

585204422[/snapback]

Yes, the most generous (among rich) on Earth not the most generous man on Earth. There are people who contribute more % of their earnings, people who have donated their lives for others ... :whistle:

Good job Bill Gates (Y)