xbox mod chips

i have been reading up on the xbox mod chips lately. one of them is cheaper than the others ($65 as opposed to $88) and has more features. i myself don't konw anythnig about soldering.

the specs for this particular chip say:

30 Wires

All Backups / Import Originals

CDR/CDRWDVDR/DVDRW (However DVD media should be used for best results)

Can use any cheap unbranded general purpose DVDR media

Optional 2 Wires for Macrovision Off

Optional 2 Wires for DVD Reset Function

Works on all models from all regions (including the different kernel versions)

All wiring points are VERY easy - no IC's to solder to - all presoldered pads.

Modified XBE's and Unsigned code can boot (This is a HUGE feature - as you'll all see soon)

where it says "All wiring points are VERY easy - no IC's to solder to - all presoldered pads." Does that mean that i wil not actually have to hire some guy to solder the chip in for me?

If u want me to link u to the site give me a PM because i'm not sure if this is considered warez...

depending on your soldering skills you might need to hire some guy to unscrew a box:)

i would much rather have something like dc boot disk than mod chip, but still sounds interesting. and ability to run unsigned code is indeed total kickass.

it means anyone can write software for xbox w/o having ms to prove and sign it.

ics are integrated circuits, they are small little fellows, usually black and they have a number of legs, I myself would not take a soldering iron to something expensive like an xb0x

I think Im just going to sit out and hope that a USB model of some kind for like the PS2 comes out...

I have had to get my xbox serviced once already (nah, i havn't opened the xbox or anything)... so yeah, if it stuffs up again, i dont want a mod chip in there...

IF I **** MY **** UP WHO GONNA GET IN TROUBLE BY MICROSOFT WELL NOT IN TROUBLE BUT I BE THE ONE ****ED RAHTER WAIT FOR A BOOT DISK OF SOME SORT OR SOME **** I RAHTER PLAY THE GAMES ON THE COMPUTER