iPod Question

in iTunes right click on the iPod (windows) and select manual mode (not sure how; i've read this loads of places but don't bother remembering) then drag all the songs from the iPod to iTunes. if thats rubbish i just told you then use one of the other ipod uploaders.

in iTunes right click on the iPod (windows) and select manual mode (not sure how; i've read this loads of places but don't bother remembering) then drag all the songs from the iPod to iTunes. if thats rubbish i just told you then use one of the other ipod uploaders.

585230884[/snapback]

Yeah I believe that you NEED iTunes to transfer music back and forth from the iPod. If you download it, you will be able to. (I had iPod mini which i exchanged for zen micro :p )

Don't use iTunes to get music off the iPod - not only will it not let you, but if you make a wrong button choice by accident it will wipe your iPod clean. It's designed to prevent people from just copying iPods, and therefor songs easily thus angering the music companies. But, like anything, there are ways around it. At Ipodlounge.com you'll find the most complete guide out there to copying music from the iPod, and you can find it here. Still be careful about syncing it up after that, and check out the other guides at ipodlounge to be able to sync it to more than one computer, if this is something you want to do.

http://www.ipodlounge.com/articles_more.php?id=5090_0_8_0_M

I don't use iTunes at all I use Xplay which makes your ipod drag-and-drop compatible, so you can drag music off/on of the iPod. (Also it synchs with WMP!)

www.mediafour.com