linking a mac into a pc network...how?

i have 2 pcs networked using a hub, sharing files, printer and broadband connection

i want to put a mac into this network so that it can share at least the printer

is it possible, and if so, how do i do this?

thanks

Does that printer have drivers for Mac?

In my college campus, they actually separate the network of macs from the PCs so that the printers that they share aren't the same.

Also, the printers that we use here are network printer, meaning that they actually have a NIC installed inside the printer. If you wanna print stuff in Mac through PC, I suppose that would be a bit harder. I don't use Mac, but I think it might have something to do with PC Talk?

Anyway, I tried out MacOS 10.1 few days ago, and it was awesome :) Feels just like Linux/UNIX system, as far as the console is concerned :)

i am the only PC on a network of about 12 G4's...

at first to transfer files between each other we used to use FTP (lol!), but eventually we got a program called pc MACLAN from miramar, which does the job, and even automatically makes u be able to read Mac files (which normally go wonky when viewed from Windows). the printing shouldnt be a problem as long as its a network printer, if not - id say just put the files on the pc from the mac and then print off the pc....

you have to install the apple protocol for PC, I think it was Appletalk for older MACs, i'm not sure what the new ones use. Also, the PC or MACs must have drivers for the printer. And remember, unless the file is both recognized by PCs and MACs, you won't be able to open a MAC file with a PC, or vice versa. Hope this help.

download a program called PCmaclan..its a great program which lets pc's and Macs communitcate with eachother.. :) My friend uses it for his home network (1 mac and 5 PC's)