Logo Challenge

Question

Logo Challenge offered at my site:

Emotion Designs

logochallengeposter.gif

The poster says it all.

The top three entries will recieve the prize listed in that poster.

I need a rather professional logo that matches the color of my website but still keeping the personal website feature so a little bit of pro, personal and design mixed in with the logo.

Here is what I am looking for:

I am going to use this logo as a favicon so make the dimensions of the logo even such as 16px by 16px default icon size

I will also be using this logo for other stuff such as sending out email, indentity, etc.

Colors I prefer to match the site colors but it doesnt have too

Make it trendy, stylish something that will match the theme of my site like simple, young, warm style logo.

Hope that helps

Remember the top three logos will the recieve the $1.00 Hosting for the first three months with 2.5 GB of space and 75 GB of bandwidth. That is a hard deal to come across plus Life-Time advertising on my website.

Edited by emotion

Thats some really nice work keep em coming. I want to use this logo for my favicon so it would be best if the dimensions of the logo is even. I will also use it for my website header and indentity stuff.

without knowing anything about the intended reciever, here's something i came up with. also put it into part of a screen shot of his site to see how it looks. to me, it looks ok, but i also like alot different of a style for the fonts and all. colors based off the top bars of the ss, where the black/gray for the 'designs' comes from the very top and bottom of the bars. like i said, not my style, but hey, it's just a thought :D

::edit:: dammit, i didn't notice the gradient on the bar turned out like s#!t, so i'll re-post a diff one with the grad fixed. ::edit::

post-11176-1105246399.gif

You should put a 'Request For Proposal' for your logo instead of offering a contest. How many "hours" did it take for those who posted anything? Will they be reimbursed? If you were a building contractor, would you build me 3 houses on the whim that I might like one and the possibility that I might pay you for it? Now, I'm not hacking you, or anyone who posted a "logo". But I am hacking the process in which you asked for said logo. Instead of me ranting on and on, please read the following insightful articles:

When a ?contest? is not a contest

AIGA

Letters: Olympic Logo Contest

A Message for This Medium

GDC - Code of Ethics

He's got a point, GDC membership seperates those who have studied Graphic design from those who burned a copy of a photoshop. I'm a graphic design student in Canada and this is no joke, you would be surprised how many people mock our trade (yes it is a skilled trade) assuming its on par with some community college 6 month course. Theres a lot of thought and process that goes into something even as small as creating a logo, a logo is corperate identity it perminantly brands your company's image. On a usual job people get paid for their time from a thought to a fnished project, these types of "contests" are frowned upon, not trying to be a dick, but if its just for fun hey whatever but if your putting some serious thought and effort into this and offerig some kind of prize or reward or payment, studying up wouldnt hurt.

Well I am new to this and it is just my first year studying design so dont get me wrong I am still pretty new to this and if I had the revenue to offer cash prizes then I would but my hosting offered me a good deal on hosting and I dont need so I might as well give it out to people.

Since it is my first year studying design all my other skills on web building and working with graphic tools are self taught. And those articles are really helpful, taught me a lot about this industry. I will know what to do next time.

Well anyways I counted the logos up and there are 19 logos in total so I will stop the thing here. I will post the winners soon on this topic and on my site.

He's got a point, GDC membership seperates those who have studied Graphic design from those who burned a copy of a photoshop. I'm a graphic design student in Canada and this is no joke, you would be surprised how many people mock our trade (yes it is a skilled trade) assuming its on par with some community college 6 month course. Theres a lot of thought and process that goes into something even as small as creating a logo, a logo is corperate identity it perminantly brands your company's image. On a usual job people get paid for their time from a thought to a fnished project, these types of "contests" are frowned upon, not trying to be a dick, but if its just for fun hey whatever but if your putting some serious thought and effort into this and offerig some kind of prize or reward or payment, studying up wouldnt hurt.

585259992[/snapback]

so u dont want anymore designs? But i only had one quick attempt i wanted to improve it. No chance of that? But i have a new version of it :

edlogo2copy7sb.jpg

Edited by devastation