Earth III

Question

Hiya :)

This one is dedicated to #47 because he just can't get enough 'space art'! :shifty:

I have since reworked the image and I believe I have achieved a much more realistic result. There are still some minor lighting issues, but I will iron those out when time permits.

I hope you like it.

EarthII.jpg

Thanks for the feedback.

To the person who said it does not look like a real planet: It is not supposed to be earth, if that is what you are implying. Just, "earth-like".

Dark areas would be those that are recieving less light, obviously. There ARE clouds, only perhaps not enough of them. I can probably add more to a later revision.

As for being "too perfectly round", I don't know what to say to that. :ermm:

Have you seen a picture of earth from space? It looks pretty damn round to me. lol

Hahahahaha, you just had to come up with this, didn't you.... :laugh:

But all jokes aside, this is amazing. You've really outdone yourself with this, the outer glow around the earth makes it look realistic, and the detail in the clouds are absolutly amazing! The "newness" of the land make it seem as though this is what earth would be like if we humans didn't come along. Also, the text gives a nice finishing touch to the scene, I like it! (Y)

I never thought I'd say this but you've probably got me back into space art!

Great work man.

:star::star::star::star::star: (It's out of 5 stars of course.)

Thanks for the feedback.

To the person who said it does not look like a real planet: It is not supposed to be earth, if that is what you are implying. Just, "earth-like".

Dark areas would be those that are recieving less light, obviously. There ARE clouds, only perhaps not enough of them. I can probably add more to a later revision.

As for being "too perfectly round", I don't know what to say to that. :ermm:

Have you seen a picture of earth from space? It looks pretty damn round to me. lol

585255228[/snapback]

it doesnt look round since the lighting is rather wrong ..... i think

aside from the planet, which is great, i think the background needs alot of work,

I recently did my first planet :) can be seen here: http://www.deviantart.com/view/11866939/

feel free to use it as inspiration or whatever, i think you should go for the look of the stars on my pic tho.

notice how the atmosphere glow is only where the light is at.

anyways GREAT work, you've inspired me to make a new space scene:D

I disagree, but thank you for the comments. I made this image to my own tastes. I feel that a busy starfield would not have suited the look I was going for. A nice dark background with just a few brighter stars ensures that the focal point remains on the earth where it should be.

Your image has far too much light in it, and this causes the scene to look washed out. Be sure to remove the artifacts from those lens flares too. It really does spoil the image. The planets are well rendered.

thanks keldyn :)

i will make my next one better:) none critiqued mine so i didnt know if anything was wrong,

anyways back to yours, hm,

i think there should be many more clouds, and maybe some SLIGHT desaturation of the land

:o :o :o :ninja: :wacko: :wacko:

*faints*................*picks self up*

Wow. Just wow.

That is really really etc etc really cool.

And 52 LAYERS!!!!!!! :rofl: :rofl:

amazing truley amazing.

one small critisism... the "atmosphere" around the planet stays very similar all the way around, it would make a nice effect if it was thicker and brighter in one particular part forming the perception of light.

Overall top banana ! 4 1/5 /5