Stealing EXE !

Question

just open an exe in debuger and you have the assembly code, real hard to do right? well that ASM code can very painfully be converted to any languge if you have the right converter... and it will never be exactly the same as the original source unless you have the symbols listing

i have tried a funny thing but it seems strange ...

i opened the EXE in notepad and changed one letter in the 1st .... and run it , got an error message ..

i did the same thing in different places in the EXE but i got the same error , i thought that EXE a 1st line of codes which identify file that it is EXE but after do this , it seems that EXE depends on each character of this millions characters ... thats immpossible to learn it

i have tried a funny thing but it seems strange ...

i opened the EXE in notepad and changed one letter in the 1st .... and run it , got an error message ..

i did the same thing in different places in the EXE but i got the same error , i thought that EXE a 1st line of codes which identify file that it is EXE but after do this , it seems that EXE depends on each character of this millions characters ... thats immpossible to learn it

585262827[/snapback]

dont use notepad :p debuger or/and hex editer

if you don't know what you are doing, then why are you messing with the compiled exe? you can't just change any old thing anywhere you want

585262890[/snapback]

of course , i restore the original character after any experiments and also i have a backup ;) , but i need to know now what is the debuger to use ?

Opening any executable in notepad and changing any character corrupts the file....as you found out on your own.

EDIT: actually, doing that with any file, pretty much.

EDIT: actually, doing that with any file, pretty much.

585262907[/snapback]

not exactly , i can make new fields of databases ( MDB ) and records from notepad without needing to install office

and in MDB case there is a first lines codes which is responsible for identifing the file MDB

The exe file format contains various structures (IMAGE_DOS_HEADERS, IMAGE_NT_HEADER, etc...) that identify various things about the file. Take a look at PE explorer if you want to learn more about exe structure.

i just need to know a good debuger and i will try to understand it ...

585263108[/snapback]

do you know IA32 assembly? if you don't then you'd never understand a compiled exe's debugger

got a link ?

585263196[/snapback]

got a link to what? If you mean to the specs for IA32 assembly then you should go buy a book on it, because it's very complex... it is a CISC instruction set with lots of data types and differnt register sizes... It's not your simple to learn MIPS IA..

got a link to what? If you mean to the specs for IA32 assembly then you should go buy a book on it, because it's very complex... it is a CISC instruction set with lots of data types and differnt register sizes... It's not your simple to learn MIPS IA..

585263204[/snapback]

to download a tool for sure ..... sorry writing fast ;)

I know of a freeware one, but it is in the uber underground. Basically..

I could tell you, but then I would have to kill you. :)

Besides, you will have no clue how to use it because you need to know ASM first.

I know of a freeware one, but it is in the uber underground. Basically..

I could tell you, but then I would have to kill you. :)

585263218[/snapback]

no really .... i will use it for peace purpose ... just to learn , do u know if you understand that perfect , you can make a high security system for your prog. so those crackers can't do anything with ur prog ... i am actually do some tricks in my security systems ... i may tell you a logics but i wont tell you codes :)

no really .... i will use it for peace purpose ... just to learn , do u know if you understand that perfect , you can make a high security system for your prog. so those crackers can't do anything with ur prog ... i am actually do some tricks in my security systems ... i may tell you a logics but i wont tell you codes :)

585263235[/snapback]

By the way you worded that, it sounds like you have no clue what you are talking about.

do you even know what Obfuscation is?

By the way you worded that, it sounds like you have no clue what you are talking about.

do you even know what Obfuscation is?

585263265[/snapback]

ok man , just give me a tool to download and then i am gonna kiss u and say thank you

ok man , just give me a tool to download? and then i am gonna kiss u and say thank you

585263288[/snapback]

ever heard of debug.exe? it comes with every MS operating system out there from DOS up.. just have fun trying to learn it though

Hex Editor - for changes in text to the exe files.. like u tried at first..

Softice - its really nice application for debugging into Windows system level.. but it can be used for cracking exe files.. :)

Win32DASM - how anyone can forget this one :D

ever heard of debug.exe? it comes with every MS operating system out there from DOS up

585263293[/snapback]

omwahh , thank u .........

i will continue my learning from google ...... you give me the key :yes: