Top Skins of 2004

can't someone make this in a poll, and make it a sticky? You really can't judge from 10 replies if a skin is the best of 2004 ... we need more votes, people will much easyer vote if there's a poll ...

Everything created by Stefanka is simply stunning and beautiful.

Royale Inspiriat and Longhorn Inspiriat seperates themselves from other copycats for their creativity.

can't someone make this in a poll, and make it a sticky?  You really can't judge from 10 replies if a skin is the best of 2004 ... we need more votes, people will much easyer vote if there's a poll ...

585266194[/snapback]

yes!! a sticky poll would be great. just to know, which theme would be best. i don't have enough time to check every theme, so I could just look at the best 3-5 to find a nice one. :)

I'm not sure if this will count (since it's from 2003 i think) But kreznos' Blackout. The minute i installed it i knew it was the one for me. Minimal, but extremely smart and functional. I have tried so many since and they don't even last minutes, i always turn back to that. 10/10.

Did HmmXP come out in 2004?

Opus and GFXOasis seem to be 2. HmmXP seems to be another.

What I want to do is get 5 and then make a sticky poll of those 5.

Hmmmm

1. Opus OS 1.5 - er. Brilliant, pretty much bug free, usable for long long long periods of time, very OS like. Maybe my favourite ever. I can always fall back to this. Also doesn't use the same grey that alot of themes use.

2. Gfxoasis - Another brill skin. Obviously alot of work put into this, and everythin is just so smooth. An unusual colour thats not used often either add's to the originality.

3. HmmXP - What better to fight the flood of Luna/Longhorn mods than a theme that seems inspired by classic. Clear lines, easy on the eyes, all around brilliant. The whistler scheme completes the package.

4. The Deanach Family (Deanach, DeanachM, DeanachM Colour Mod, DeMx, Deanach 3, Dm3v) - Woo. Alot of themes based on one style over the year. Brilliantly done, nice taskbars/titlebars that are unique and have a nice look (textured, but not, if you feel me). And I contributed a mod :p. Few bugs on buttons on installations mind.

5. Azure - A visual masterpiece, every last bit lokos so detailed. One flaw. That horrific start menu bug that just anooys the hell outa me. It happens when your start menu is 2 columns. Shares the installer text bug iirc. Still, does'nt detract from a great style.

Honerable mentions : iBar. Codename Opus, Ashen, Storm, Caffine (2004, iirc).

Spent too long explaining why I like each :pinch:

Did HmmXP come out in 2004?

585267901[/snapback]

HmmXP is from March 2004 I think

5. Azure - A visual masterpiece, every last bit lokos so detailed. One flaw. That horrific start menu bug that just anooys the hell outa me. It happens when your start menu is 2 columns. Shares the installer text bug iirc. Still, does'nt detract from a great style.

585268001[/snapback]

I forgot Azure, that is a nice skin nad very original :punk: