Top Skins of 2004

I dont see Sustenance as a 2004 theme I see it as a 2005. But if you guys see it as 2004 well Sustenance have my vote too LOL :laugh:

5 of my favorites themes of 2004

- Mint

- Azure

- Codename Opus

- gfxOasis

- Sustenance

I know, I voted for two of my themes but I really enjoyed making them and I used (or I'll use) for a long time. :)

Now that I?ve used some other themes. I?d have to say that PM2K5 is definitely the best theme I?ve used hands down. Next would probably be LabelOS, GuiPod and Xi Soapsky. Then it would be closely followed by eXec and eXecPlatiMilk.

I downloaded, viewed and tried out many, many visual styles over this past year with my fascination grown stronger and stronger in 2004. But I assure you that not all of them were great or even good, so here are my five picks that I just cannot simply live without (figure of speech, I guess I can live without them).

I am not positive on a few visual styles and when they were released. They could have easily been just before 2004 but I couldn't find information on a few which led me just to assume they were in 2004. Anyways, here it goes:

Mindows elWC

A great way to kick off 2004 with this great visual style. It is, in my opinion, one of the greater rendition of Windows classic with a nicer appeal to it. Aflaw did seem to promise a few more sub-styles to come but it hasn't happened as of yet but the blue he chose is perfect for the moment.

Classix

Suspecting Classix was made in 2004, this is another great piece of work. I don't have much detail on who created or when which is a shame but I really do love the design. It comes in brown, green and blue but in my opinion, the blue is the best overall.

Cursive

Yet, again, I am afraid I don't even know if this is 2004 but this is another favourite of mine. It does remind me of Classix or vise versa. Another Windows classic-like visual style in my opinion which I favour quite a lot.

Dotted

Gigatexel's visual style inspired by Classic "with a hint of Classix thrown in for good measure." Released early 2004, it is great for minimalistic desktops.

Dumbass v4

Probably my only non-Classic-looking-visual-style-thingy for 2004. Krezno did a great job in my opinion with nothing too overdone and kept it simple but not too Classic-like simple. Though I would think a thinner taskbar would have been better but its not like it looks bad with the thick taskbar in the first place. I'm not a huge fan of the navy sub-style though.

None of these were in order from best to worst or the other way around. These were just written randomly from what I saw capture my eyes once going through my visual style collection.