871 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have an iPod?

• Yes, iPod
    • Yes, iPod mini
    • Yes, iPod photo
    • Yes, iPod shuffle
    • No, but I want one
    • No, but I don't want one

Even though I do own an iPod, I actually do not recommend getting one as they are trying to rip you off. The battery in the iPod is not removable, so when it dies you will have to get a new one. To get it replaced I think it costs more. Those apple people are really smart and money hungry. I would suggest getting the Creative Zen Micro, that multiple colored one, or an iRiver I heard was good too with a lot more features than the iPod.

Even though I do own an iPod, I actually do not recommend getting one as they are trying to rip you off. The battery in the iPod is not removable, so when it dies you will have to get a new one. To get it replaced I think it costs more. Those apple people are really smart and money hungry. I would suggest getting the Creative Zen Micro, that multiple colored one, or an iRiver I heard was good too with a lot more features than the iPod.

585631065[/snapback]

The iPod battery IS user replaceable by the user Buy new battery here.

nope and i dont want one, i have a iRiver iHP-140 and have it for about a year with no problems at all (Y) still happy with it and dont plan to get anything else :)

The iPod battery IS user replaceable by the user Buy new battery here.

585631091[/snapback]

Thanks for the post cyclingplatypus. Is that the OEM battery that comes with every iPod? Also, have you tried it yourself, and would say the installation is not too hard?

I love my ipod, 3rd gen, it's battery never dies before it makes it's way back to the dock. Navigating through it's menus with the touch wheel is the best of any the mp3 players i've touched. The original zen's scroll wheel was nice, all following zens being ****ty (except maybe the zen micro haven't tried that one), and the irivers, even the newest models, are terrible in this respect.

have a 4g 20GB ipod. got it for free(from one of those taboo websites that morons keep posting here when it's obvious they shouldn't) but I wish at the time of doing it I had the option to get a hard drive based mp3 player from a different company

Thanks for the post cyclingplatypus. Is that the OEM battery that comes with every iPod? Also, have you tried it yourself, and would say the installation is not too hard?

585631141[/snapback]

It isn't the OEM battery and if you pick up MacWorld magazine or head over to iPodLounge you can find longer lasting batteries, it isn't a difficult procedure at all and takes about 15 minutes at the most to take apart the iPod and put a new battery in. The link that I gave has an instruction section so you can see what you need to do.

my ipod was one from the whole pepsi thing, 20 gb

then i bought it off the guy that won it for 200 bux and it had 1700 songs on it already lol

585631065[/snapback]

EXACTLY! Im in the same boat. I have an iPod but DO NOT RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE. Apple hsa a dirty little trick in their pocket.

Am I just missing something or is this for real? (Please correct me if I am wrong) Is the iPod shuffle just an iPod with a special feature that shuffles songs? You have to get a whole 'nother model for that??? :rolleyes: Give me a break. That's standard on most other (if not all) MP3 players.

iPods are a rip off and with the DRM crap applied to iTunes I wouldn't touch one with a 10-foot clown pole. :no:

Dollar for dollar you can easily do better than iPod. :D

...C_Guy

DRM on itunes?? its on every online music store

anyways, i have a 60gb ipod photo and before that i had a 40gb 3rd gen and this summer i hope to save enough to get a shuffle

• 1 month later...