871 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have an iPod?

• Yes, iPod
    • Yes, iPod mini
    • Yes, iPod photo
    • Yes, iPod shuffle
    • No, but I want one
    • No, but I don't want one

I don't have one and I really don't plan on getting one. I don't like how it only accepts the one file format... :shifty:

I'd rather get a universal mp3 player like from Sony.

i do not have an ipod and would like one, but i have no use for it. it would just sit around and not get used. they are excellent, i will say. a few friends of mine have them and i was very impressed with it.

I don't have one and I really don't plan on getting one. I don't like how it only accepts the one file format...  :shifty:

586371178[/snapback]

What? It plays MP3, AAC, WAV, Apple Lossless, Audible, and AIFF. Perhaps you should get yourself informed before shooting a product down. ;)

Nope. Until the prices start to drop, I really don't want an MP3 player. I can't see spending upwards of $200 for one. I'm waiting for some of the other brands to become a serious threat to the iPod's market share so the prices will go down just a little. Either that or I'll wait until the mini has a higher capacity for a similar price as 4 or 6 gigs is not enough for me. Call me greedy or picky or cheap but I guess I'm just not ready.

I don't have one and I really don't plan on getting one. I don't like how it only accepts the one file format...  :shifty:

586371178[/snapback]

Does Sony support more than just MP3 and that Atrac crap now? Maybe I missed something. (That wasn't sarcasm by the way)

• 2 months later...

I recently wasted quite a bit of money on an iRiver PMP-120 media centre. It was pretty damn appaulling, menu lagged, only played some of my ssongs (that it WANTED to play, lol). I am trying to sell it, I'm going to save for either an ipod video or nano.

IMHO, the iPod is overrated. There are better products on the market. The thing is the ad campaign of the iPod is one that actually works. And now that tons of people have them, others see that, and want them. Heck, now they even have famous(ish) people like Eminem promoting their products.