871 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have an iPod?

• Yes, iPod
    • Yes, iPod mini
    • Yes, iPod photo
    • Yes, iPod shuffle
    • No, but I want one
    • No, but I don't want one

IMHO, the iPod is overrated. There are better products on the market. The thing is the ad campaign of the iPod is one that actually works. And now that tons of people have them, others see that, and want them. Heck, now they even have famous(ish) people like Eminem promoting their products.

586762429[/snapback]

Famous(ish)? What's this "ish" stuff? U2 is only sort of famous? You're right that their ad campaign is very good though, but in the beginning I think iPods took off on their own merits. I love mine, and I don't give a damn that so many people have them. As something of an interface designer myself, I can greatly appreciate elegance and efficiency in design, and I've tried at least a dozen other MP3 players and none come close to the iPod. Everything has its flaws, the iPod included, but I don't think the iPod is overrated. I think Apple managed to hit pretty close to the sweet spot.

I have a 1gig small Samsung YPT6

To be honest, i hate Ipod. Clunky and heavy, and even more so, since everyone 'has to have one; i hate the thing even more.

I don't have one, nor want one. iPod is driven by advertising, not the features and quality of the product; going by those critieria I could get a much better player for my money.