The world to end in 2012?

I dont believe that exploding the comet will save human race. Things here on earth wouldn?t develope into any better... World peace and united human race, just a bubble.

I?v been reading about 2012 as well. The comet/planet many of you referring in this discussion might be the 12th planet on our solar system, discovered by ancient Sumerians. Sumerians is the first high-culture civilization that our times has been able to track. This 12th planet (or Planet X, Nibiru) will not crash earth but it will pass us and couse many changes, like magnetic reverse and alter our conseciousness. Some people say that it is the time when Earth will move into a new spiritual level, a bit closer to god. From 3rd domension to 4th dimension. The age of aquarius.

Who knows whats gonna happen. I dont believe all the crap, just referring stuff from the Internet. But im open minded, i believe that anything could happen but i dont believe until i see some hard evidence. We?ll see in 2012.

surely its hard to imagine that people who lived on earth thousands of years before us were in fact much smarter than us and could predict the future.

that is devolution of the human species for crying out loud.

it's leaning towards thinking that in a thosand years time the world will be ran by dolphins cos we are too dumb to stop them.

i cant even begin to think of the number of times we have been told the world is going to end by some comet predicted by a dude 2000 years ago, or some idiot calling himself "aussie bloke".

if anything is going to end our world, it will be by our own doing... global warming (has anyone switched on the weather channel lately?), nuclear weapons etc.

Well, I better start humping then. I need to have my life's full of sex by the time the world ends. And if it doesn't end, I still get to say I've been having lot's of sex up until that point.

*puts on tinfoil hat*

if theres a 12th planet why havn't we discovered it yet?

Hmm. Im quite positive that all the information that the goverment leaders, scientists and religions has, haven?t been made public with the general earth citizens.

If we would know that the world is going to change and the true way of experiencing life for humans is not the one we are living in now, who would go to work? Who would take a mortage? None! The world would be in chaos cos the capitalistc world order would collapse.

If the Planet X is the bringer of doom or the new era, we won?t get to know about it until it?s right around the corner.

The Sumerian legend tells that Planet X has elliptical orbit and it comes to our part of the solar system approximately every 3600 years. Planet X orbits our sun (positive energy) and our sun?s dark companion/twin (negative energy). The legend continues that the inhabitants of the planet were "god-like" giants called Nibiruans. The bible talks about giants as well, the nefilims.

Sumerians called the planet as the 12th planet or Nibiru (translates to: the planet of passing). The Babylonians and Mesopotamians called it Marduk, The King of The Heavens and The Great Heavenly Body. Hebrews referred to it as the Winged Globe because of its long orbit. The Greeks called it Nemesis. The ancient Hindu astronomers named it Treta Yuga. Other names are The Blue Star, The Red Star, The Fiery Messenger and The Comet of Doom. Whatever the name is, it?s the same object that causes changes and destruction on earth before and durring the passing. The modern day science calls the unfound planet the 10th planet.

Could this object be the cause of the flood described in the bible? Could it be the cause of the volcanoes erupting, earthquakes, land masses sinking and rising, tidal waves and severe weather described in other religions, holy writings, myths, indian tribes and other ancient folklore?

Im saying maybe, we can?t just close our eyes. Would the bible and all other ancient history of human race be a bluff? Why would the people of those times come up with all these information if it would be false.

Again, im just referring information found on the Internet. I believe divine things has and will happen on earth. Other question is when.. It might happen during our lifetime or it could take eg. another 1000 years. Until that, dont panic and live a normal:)ife :)

Here?s an article printed in Washington Post Dec. 30 1983:

Possibly as Large as Jupiter;

Mystery Heavenly Body Discovered

By Thomas O'Toole, Washington Post Staff Writer

Friday, December 30, 1983 ; Page A1

A heavenly body possibly as large as the giant planet Jupiter and possibly so close to Earth

that it would be part of this solar system has been found in the direction of the constellation

Orion by an orbiting telescope aboard the U.S. infrared astronomical satellite.

So mysterious is the object that astronomers do not know if it is a planet, a giant comet, a

nearby "protostar" that never got hot enough to become a star, a distant galaxy so young that

it is still in the process of forming its first stars or a galaxy so shrouded in dust that none of the

light cast by its stars ever gets through.

"All I can tell you is that we don't know what it is," Dr. Gerry Neugebauer, IRAS chief

scientist for California's Jet Propulsion Laboratory and director of the Palomar Observatory

for the California Institute of Technology, said in an interview.

The most fascinating explanation of this mystery body, which is so cold it casts no light and

has never been seen by optical telescopes on Earth or in space, is that it is a giant gaseous

planet as large as Jupiter and as close to Earth as 50 trillion miles. While that may seem like a

great distance in earthbound terms, it is a stone's throw in cosmological terms, so close in fact

that it would be the nearest heavenly body to Earth beyond the outermost planet Pluto.

"If it is really that close, it would be a part of our solar system," said Dr. James Houck of

Cornell University's Center for Radio Physics and Space Research and a member of the

IRAS science team. "If it is that close, I don't know how the world's planetary scientists

would even begin to classify it."

The mystery body was seen twice by the infrared satellite as it scanned the northern sky from

last January to November, when the satellite ran out of the supercold helium that allowed its

telescope to see the coldest bodies in the heavens. The second observation took place six

months after the first and suggested the mystery body had not moved from its spot in the sky

near the western edge of the constellation Orion in that time.

"This suggests it's not a comet because a comet would not be as large as the one we've

observed and a comet would probably have moved," Houck said. "A planet may have moved

if it were as close as 50 trillion miles but it could still be a more distant planet and not have

moved in six months time."

Whatever it is, Houck said, the mystery body is so cold its temperature is no more than 40

degrees above "absolute" zero, which is 456 degrees Fahrenheit below zero. The telescope

aboard IRAS is cooled so low and is so sensitive it can "see" objects in the heavens that are

only 20 degrees above absolute zero.

When IRAS scientists first saw the mystery body and calculated that it could be as close as

50 trillion miles, there was some speculation that it might be moving toward Earth.

"It's not incoming mail," Cal Tech's Neugebauer said. "I want to douse that idea with as much

cold water as I can."

Then, what is it? What if it is as large as Jupiter and so close to the sun it would be part of the

solar system? Conceivably, it could be the 10th planet astronomers have searched for in vain.

It also might be a Jupiter-like star that started out to become a star eons ago but never got hot

enough like the sun to become a star.

While they cannot disprove that notion, Neugebauer and Houck are so bedeviled by it that

they do not want to accept it. Neugebauer and Houck "hope" the mystery body is a distant

galaxy either so young that its stars have not begun to shine or so surrounded by dust that its

starlight cannot penetrate the shroud.

"I believe it's one of these dark, young galaxies that we have never been able to observe

before," Neugebauer said.

"If it is, then it is a major step forward in our understanding of the size of the universe, how the

universe formed and how it continues to form as time goes on."

The next step in pinpointing what the mystery body is, Neuegebauer said, is to search for it

with the world's largest optical telescopes. Already, the 100-inch diameter telescope at Cerro

del Tololo in Chile has begun its search and the 200-inch telescope at Palomar Mountain in

California has earmarked several nights next year to look for it. If the body is close enough

and emits even a hint of light, the Palomar telescope should find it since the infrared satellite

has pinpointed its position.

Article clippings from other magazines:

Astronomy magazine, Dec '81, discussion on Planet X

However, tiny Pluto is 100 to 1,000 times too small to fully

account for Uranus' wobble, according to Thoman Van

Flandern of the USNO.  A brief flurry of excitement,

followed Charles Kowal's 1977 discovery of the planetoid

Chiron, orbiting between Saturn and Uranus, until it was

determined that it was too minute to be planet 10. 

Astronomy magazine, Oct '82, discussion on Planet X 

Both Uranus and Neptune follow irregular paths that

observers can explain only by assuming the presence

of an unknown body whose gravity tugs at the two planets.

Astronomers originally though Pluto might be the body

perturbing its neighbors, but the combined mass of Pluto

and its moon, Charon, is too small for such a role.

Newsweek magazine, June 28 '82 

A "dark companion" could produce the unseen force that

seems to tug at Uranus and Neptune, speeding them up at

one point in their orbits and holding them back as they pass.

...  Anderson thinks the best bet is a dark star orbiting at

least 50 billion miles beyond Pluto, which is 3.6 billion miles

from the sun.  It is most likely either a brown dwarf - a

lightweight star that never attained the critical mass needed

to ignite - or else a neutron star, the remnants of a normal sun

that burned out and collapsed.  Other scientists suggest that

the most likely cause of the orbital snags is a tenth planet

4 to 7 billion miles beyond Neptune.  A companion star

would tug the outer planets, not just Uranus and Neptune,

says Thomas Van Flavern of the U.S Naval Observatory. 

US News World Report, Sept 10, 1984

Shrouded from the sun's light, mysteriously tugging at

the orbits of Uranus and Neptune, is an unseen force that

astronomers suspect may be Planet X - a 10th resident

of the Earth's celestial neighborhood.  Last year, the

infrared astronomical satellite (IRAS), circling in a polar

orbit 560 miles from the Earth, detected heat from an

object about 50 billion miles away that is now the subject

of intense speculation.

@hardbag--> being a hindu myself and knowing my fair share of ancient scriptures, lemme tell u theres no treta yuga, somebody misinformed u a bit, its kali yuga ur talking about prolly

the planet x business seems abit sus, so it will destory us in 2012 or whatever.. if it did indeed pass every 3000 or so years then why is there no evidence of its previous passing of the earth? if there is show me this evidence..

@hardbag--> being a hindu myself and knowing my fair share of ancient scriptures, lemme tell u theres no treta yuga, somebody misinformed u a bit, its kali yuga ur talking  about prolly

585313246[/snapback]

Ok thanks for the clarification.

I tought that kali yuga means the destruction that this object causes and treta yuga means the cycle, about 3000 years.. Or was it that we are now living in treta yuga and are about to transform into kali yuga?

if there is show me this evidence..

We all want this.. The bible and other ancient folklore has a lot of it.

well we'll all see how it gose down.ill be there on 2012 will you?

585325640[/snapback]

yepp i'll be there!

laid back... wif my mind on money and my money on my mind

I wouldn't put much faith into the so called Bible Codes

There have been tests carried out showing that if you use a large enough source material (War and Peace is often used) you can get the same results

Yeah, I've read about the Inca and Maya predicting the end of the world in 2012 as well.  Something to do with the end of the "Great Cycle" and the death of the last sun. All the human sacrifices they performed were supposed to keep the last sun alive, but their legends already said he was weak and that his death would mark the end of days, etc. The Inca and Mayan calendars don't go past 2012, its all very interesting.

I guess we'll see in 7 years. :yes:

585276952[/snapback]

Well, it won't be 2012 by our reckoning. The Gregorian calendar is off by 4 or 5 years. They did not realize they had miscalculated the birth of the Messiah until years after it began to be used. I guess they decided it was too late to change it. So it's more like 2009 or 2010 right now.

by believing in this whole mayan calender rubbish then you are also believing that they could predict the future.? total rubbish if you ask me.

and if they were so smart, how come they aint around today...

585294474[/snapback]

thats the scary part. They knew too much for their own good. :unsure::

At sunrise on December 21, 2012 for the first time in 26,000 years the Sun rises to conjunct the intersection of the Milky Way and the plane of the ecliptic.

Funny, because the mayans started in 2600 bc

Edit: I doubt anything will happen..only time will tell

Edited by Alpha2004

surely its hard to imagine that people who lived on earth thousands of years before us were in fact much smarter than us and could predict the future.

that is devolution of the human species for crying out loud.

585297874[/snapback]

Look around you. Look at GWB. Look at all the other politicians.

:laugh:

Humanity is devolving and the evidence is all around us. Technology Advancement!=Evolution.

Birth Control pills mess with the normal hormonal responses of women. They affect what type of mates they choose based on scent. Normally, females would pick males that differed from their own genetic makeup greatly but Birth Control Pills mess that up as they mimic hormones normally present during pregnancy.

Humanity is becoming more inbred as we speak and GWB is proof of that.

:laugh:

It's just lies...

They told us that Planet X would come close to us and screw everything up, but by the time it was supposed to happen, Mars showed up instead.

No one can predict anything like this, they use our lack of understanding and knowledge to convince us different things, which is all lies or illusions.

Hoax like this have always been around.

Internet have only made it easier for them to spread panic.

Don't let them get you!!!

by believing in this whole mayan calender rubbish then you are also believing that they could predict the future.  total rubbish if you ask me.

and if they were so smart, how come they aint around today...

585294474[/snapback]

:rolleyes: Damn, learn some history before you post... oh, did you really think they disappeared? :D

The point here is, they were smarter in some topics, for example, how much of astronomy do YOU know? :happy:

Answering your question... they just merged with the actual society, they're actually having problems with their rights and other stuff (well, since the spanish "conquered"). People like to believe they disappeared and also thinks they were taken by aliens and some pretty weird stuff like that. :p

Well surprised, no one mentioned "mother earth". I for one believe the end of the human race will be caused by a earth quake and all of us will "fall" into hell where each and everyone of us belong.

;)