Need logo graphic for website, will pay (redux)

Question

I tried this back in September, but being a big stupid I posted the name of the company before I registered the domain names. Not making that mistake this time :)

I'm currently in the process of setting up my own hosting company. We're at the stage now where we want to get our website designed and our logo setup so we can start getting promotional materials setup.

Title: HostFalcon

Slogan: Set your sites higher

What we want: It has already been decided that the layout of the website is going to be XHTML 1.0 Strict/Trans, very clean and crisp, with limited colors and graphics.

What ever logo is used will set the tone for the rest of the website in terms of color and theme. We'd like a logo that is more horizontal than vertical as this is what our preliminary layout design calls for.

Ideally the logo would look something like- IMAGE HostFalcon -clean and simple. Any text used should be a sans-serif font.

Basic Logo Elements: Looking for something with a falcon/bird of prey with a server, but be creative. Possibly integrated into a computer or networking, or displayed on a computer screen, or something to that effect. The background should be white/light gray/light colored.

Uses: This logo will be used on our website, on business cards, on flyers, possible advertisements both online and print.

Format Requirements: Vector/Photoshop importable.

I need to talk to some my partners, but the budget for this should be around $35-50, possible more if they feel the logo is worthy. Exclusive use must be provided to us by the author.

If you have any questions feel free to ask, and feel free to try out different ideas beyond what I have explained. If we like a different idea more than we may change direction in our design to fit your logo. Throw out as many ideas as you want, there is no real deadline.

Have fun!

What a time for my photoshop to stuff up!!!! XP

I only have five filters and 10 fonts, gonna re-install when i find the disk tho!!

XPXP

Wait, so we're picking the color scheme of your site with this logo?

You don't have a color preference?

585283136[/snapback]

I perfer blues :)

devinlamothe, it looks really lame to try to use another's design as yours :no:

585284209[/snapback]

I didn't copy that design. I was looking for examples of a falcon, and used that and another one as a reference. It's not the same. :huh:

Just did this - how do ya like?

Full network connections

post-24398-1105593070_thumb.jpg

Simplified Network Connections

post-24398-1105593279_thumb.jpg

No network connections

post-24398-1105593296_thumb.jpg

I like the middle one :)

/edit: Remember to click the links to get the proper view ;)

Guys, I'm not using that logo, its too similar, don't turn this thread into a back and forth about it. Focus on the job :)

Also, it doesn't HAVE to have a falcon/bird as the logo, if you've got some other idea feel free to share it. Obvisouly I don't want a dog as my logo though, so something non animal if its not a bird.

Just be creative :)

Also, it doesn't HAVE to have a falcon/bird as the logo, if you've got some other idea feel free to share it. Obvisouly I don't want a dog as my logo though, so something non animal if its not a bird.

Just be creative :)

585284320[/snapback]

Did you look at mine? Anything you like/don't like? ;) :)

All it looks like you did was edit the photo to remove the feet and flip it and color it.

585284290[/snapback]

*sigh* Actually I vectored it and changed it. It took me a while but oh well. I'll retract my design.