Need logo graphic for website, will pay (redux)

Question

I tried this back in September, but being a big stupid I posted the name of the company before I registered the domain names. Not making that mistake this time :)

I'm currently in the process of setting up my own hosting company. We're at the stage now where we want to get our website designed and our logo setup so we can start getting promotional materials setup.

Title: HostFalcon

Slogan: Set your sites higher

What we want: It has already been decided that the layout of the website is going to be XHTML 1.0 Strict/Trans, very clean and crisp, with limited colors and graphics.

What ever logo is used will set the tone for the rest of the website in terms of color and theme. We'd like a logo that is more horizontal than vertical as this is what our preliminary layout design calls for.

Ideally the logo would look something like- IMAGE HostFalcon -clean and simple. Any text used should be a sans-serif font.

Basic Logo Elements: Looking for something with a falcon/bird of prey with a server, but be creative. Possibly integrated into a computer or networking, or displayed on a computer screen, or something to that effect. The background should be white/light gray/light colored.

Uses: This logo will be used on our website, on business cards, on flyers, possible advertisements both online and print.

Format Requirements: Vector/Photoshop importable.

I need to talk to some my partners, but the budget for this should be around $35-50, possible more if they feel the logo is worthy. Exclusive use must be provided to us by the author.

If you have any questions feel free to ask, and feel free to try out different ideas beyond what I have explained. If we like a different idea more than we may change direction in our design to fit your logo. Throw out as many ideas as you want, there is no real deadline.

Have fun!

Nice work here people. ;) Long intresting type of Watermark. :rofl:

585285128[/snapback]

Yeah that copyright is nice...hahahaha

You guys are coming up with some good stuff, but please make it original :)

I'm very much liking Long and noodles stuff :)

I'm liking all these designs,

Has one been choosen yet?

Chris.

P.s this new montior is showing all the colours the way they should be and its great :D lol.

Didn't know you could copyright a bird :rolleyes:

585290942[/snapback]

You can't copyright a bird. You can't copyright the look/shape of a bird.

But you CAN copyright a photo, design, artwork or image in general, of a bird.

This is mine:

post-24398-1105705856.jpg

As you can see, I took the shape from that photo. It's OK, because only the natural shape of the bird is used. The shape created is my own, in the end. If I simply filtered the photo, or traced it bit-for-bit, that would not be OK. The map of the world I traced roughly from a geographical map (the shapes of which not copyrightable, as with the bird).

Can you see the distinction now?

Well I have one design left in my bag but I must say it was done as almost a joke. Still I'll post it as I have nothing else to do.

All vector (it would look a hell of a lot better if I rendered it in Lightwave)

hf.png

hostfalconcopy0hk.jpg

Hi there are some great work here. My attempt was quick and simple. Please critizise it so i can improve.

hostfalcon26zw.jpg

Abit different

hostfalcon37no.jpg

Edited by devastation

Below is a work in progress... Not yet Finished, but I wanna post it, so you can get a feel for the sort of thing im going for.

hf.gif

I think it would be criminal not to take advantage of the "Falcon" in the site name.