Resident Evil 4

The AI is too damn smart in this game.  I ran into a house and shut the front door. I then climbed up a ladder to a loft, kicking over the ladder when I got to the top.  I could hear the villagers outside yelling in Spanish and then before I knew it they used their weapons to break through the door and some even broke and climbed through the windows.  As I was trying to kill all of them they freaking raised the ladder again and started to climb up.  Too many villagers to fight all at once, the AI is insane.  I am on normal mode, I can only imagine what it is like on hard.

585284141[/snapback]

amazing simply amzing! :o :woot:

hey guys, i only got a ps2 but i love RE4 and wondering if i should get GC just for the RE4??...not that i dont have enough money for it...its more like GC dont have many games thats my type....(im a RPG,action adventure fan..point out some out good GC games thats rpg,action adventure that ps2 dont have?) thanks guys

I think a GC is worth it just for the first party titles, as well as the (very) few games that are exclusive to the system or at least have a time of exclusivity (ala RE4). I mean, a new system is just $99. As for good RPGs, "Tales of Symphonia" is pretty good. The storyline is, admittedly, not that great, but the unique form of battling and the ability to play it with up to 3 other people is pretty cool. And then, of course, there's Zelda: WW and the upcoming Zelda.

yeah go an buy a gamcube. i have owned all other systems and nothing in my opinion compares to the gamecube. its got great exclusive titles which is hard to find on the ps2 and xbox, there is still some third-party support which is all you need.

The system is cheap, the games are cheap and its almost as powerful as an Xbox.

Atleast if u buy a nintendo, youll know that youv got a company that cares more about great games more than money.

Cool :) Well if the PS2 version is any good I'll pick that up (I own a PS2 and Xbox)...just getting a 'Cube for one game doesn't really merit the expense for me...and considering how close the next generation of consoles are, I'll probally never use it again after about a year :laugh:

I've not been a fan of the other RE games but this Cube game looks the business. I may just invest in a copy! The reviews have been stunning. I have to wait until March though!

damn ill either wait for the ps2 version to be released , or else ill buy the game for a cube & buy the cube l8r - dumb quote of the day

Eh if i want to play it badly enough and dont want to wait... ill do what i did the last time when i wanted to play Zero and the remake.

rent a game cube and re4 for about a week.

It will cost me about 30$ but damm... oh yea.

I'm up to the first boss. This. Game. Rocks.

And to those wondering if they should wait or spend extra now, don't wait. I don't see any way for this game to feel the same on PS2. And it's not like there's nothing else good for the system :hmmm:

i have all 3 systems and i cant wait to get the game im drooling for it DAMN 1 week till pay day !!!

Ps i dont think it will look as good on the Ps2 since it will be a PORT from the GC to the ps2 but HEY strager things have happend it might come out better

aww i love my cube :wub:. i just went back and played wind waker. oh the memories :heart:.

anyway back to the topic - i picked up re4 at the mall last night and im blown away. scary. as. hell. amazing. wow.

Is it just me or is this game really difficult? I don't know if it's because i've only had my gamecube for about a week now but i can't get past the first little village, I just get myself stuck in a corner and the stupid chainsaw dude manages to kill me. I know i have to keep alive for a certain amount of time then they just leave when the bell goes but is there any specific houses i must run after the first one?

Is it just me or is this game really difficult? I don't know if it's because i've only had my gamecube for about a week now but i can't get past the first little village, I just get myself stuck in a corner and the stupid chainsaw dude manages to kill me. I know i have to keep alive for a certain amount of time then they just leave when the bell goes but is there any specific houses i must run after the first one?

585308763[/snapback]

It's just you; the game is pretty easy, overall.

Did you get the shotgun? It's on the second floor of one of the houses on the left. If you get that, it'll make things a whole lot easier.