Resident Evil 4

There is a part in the 3rd chapter, I believe the first part when

you have to protect the presidents daughter as she is on a catwalk trying to raise platforms in water.  Well you have to snipe out the monks attacking her while also killing monks who are attacking you.  It is just insane switching between a shotgun and a snipers rifle like every second trying to protect your ass and hers.

That took me a few times to beat.

585322247[/snapback]

In regards to this specific part in your spoiler text,

Up until tis point I had not even purchased the rifle with the scope yet, I was still using just the 2nd handgun, shotgun, and TMP. After about 15 times of not being able to do that area where she climbs up with my weapons I was using, I finally went back to the merchant and got me the rifle, and I was able to do it the first time around with the scoped rifle since I did it 15 times and knew what to expect. Now I am wondering how much easier my life would have been with the scoped rifle if I got it earlier.

Anyway Stuff like this is why the game is brilliant. You have to manage your equipment and buy the right stuff or your screwed.

Where I am as of yesterday...

I just got the free Rocket Launcher out of the mirrored case a little while back, one thing I am glad I waited and did not buy it, and I am about 20-30 minutes past that part. To be exact I just got through the part where they drop the cage over you, and you have to fight the huge guy and a bunch of guys in the super close quarters of that cage, there was a big eating hall right outside of this spot... Chapter 3 Part 2 or 3 I think it is.... WHAT A GAME!!!!

My GF has to watch American Idol again tonight, once of the reasons I did not get to play much yesterday, so excuse me all, but I am off to Play!!!!!!

I have just got to the big lake with the very fun battle with the 40ft crocodile, I haven't really had time to play the game much so i have only clocked up about 2 hours on it. I must admit though when i was complaining about the difficulty but it is alot easier now, i think it was because i wasn't used the the aiming system and GC controller.

585321854[/snapback]

Salamander, actually :p

I just hit a part with several really nice interactive cutscenes in a row, along with a very cool 'on rails' portion (you'll know what I'm talking about when you get to it). It just gets better and better :wub:

I've just beaten that 40ft Salamander :p

I am on that big giant now... hes pretty simple but i am not liking the plant thing. The game at the moment is being really ropey on the medical items.

There is a part in the 3rd chapter, I believe the first part when

you have to protect the presidents daughter as she is on a catwalk trying to raise platforms in water.  Well you have to snipe out the monks attacking her while also killing monks who are attacking you.  It is just insane switching between a shotgun and a snipers rifle like every second trying to protect your ass and hers.

That took me a few times to beat.

585322247[/snapback]

9 hours and 32 minutes in. I've started dying every 15 minutes :rofl:

That part I didn't find so tough. I backed myself into a corner and never had to switch to the shotgun- the sniper is surprisingly easy to aim, even close up.

Now I'm in the hedge maze... with 9 shots left in my shotgun. I've died once so far. I rely on the the old shotty too much.

The Broken Butterfly OWNS.

I've tried to save the shotgun till theres a horde of enemies. Otherwise i just use the Punisher.

585323642[/snapback]

I upgraded my shotty enough so no enemy takes more than 3 shots at any close to medium range (including the... "things" that pop out sometimes).

The Punisher I use when there's one or two guys left, or to knock baddies off ledges. It's too weak for me to take on groups with. It wasn't at the beginning, but now it's pretty worthless. :laugh:

I've just beaten that 40ft Salamander :p

I am on that big giant now... hes pretty simple but i am not liking the plant thing. The game at the moment is being really ropey on the medical items.

585323039[/snapback]

When he goes down on one knee run up to him and you'll get a context sensitive action ;)

I'm in the sewers... dodging... something.

585324579[/snapback]

Yeah, there's some creepy stuff. It's fun letting the 'bugs' kill you. Acid face peel, gruesome :)

Yeah, there's some creepy stuff. It's fun letting the 'bugs' kill you. Acid face peel, gruesome :)

585325123[/snapback]

I know what you mean :)

But that's not the part I stopped at. I'm at the... other sewers. It's still pretty much the same thing only a lot darker and a whole lot creepier.

Chapter 4 Part 1...

The game just keeps getting better and better...

At the beginning of Chapter 4, there is going to be a Merchant to talk to, with a door next to him with guns on it. The door leads to another Merchant that offers you to play a shooting gallery Mini Game!!!!

haha the game suddenly stepped up a gear and i am pretty much out of ammo but have a about 8 grenades (those things suck so bad). I am on 2-3 where you go on the cable car. Luckily i took the left route before that :happy:

haha the game suddenly stepped up a gear and i am pretty much out of ammo but have a about 8 grenades (those things suck so bad). I am on 2-3 where you go on the cable car. Luckily i took the left route before that  :happy:

585327510[/snapback]

:rofl: I took that left route as well. I tried the right, but OMG.

:rofl: I took that left route as well. I tried the right, but OMG.

585327656[/snapback]

You mean you didn't do both?! :) Got quite a bit of items/treasures by going through the right side as well. It's not as bad as the first encounter. You only really have to take him down twice instead of three times.

This game is probably one of the best I have played in a long time. Though I would prefer not all encounters in the game to be overwhelming it still doesn't deter me from playing. I'm in the caves now in Chapter 4.2. The right hand was awesome (especially how I dealt with him) Ammo was an issue up until the start of chapter 4 where I finally had enough of everything that I really didn't have to worry about conserving anymore. I can't wait to play through the game again with the weapons I'm currenlty carrying (along with any other unlocked stuff ) :)

Edited by AndyD

Chapter 4 Part 1...

The game just keeps getting better and better...

At the beginning of Chapter 4, there is going to be a Merchant to talk to, with a door next to him with guns on it. The door leads to another Merchant that offers you to play a shooting gallery Mini Game!!!!

585326688[/snapback]

You must have missed the one in early in the castle :) I tried it a couple of times but figured that it's something I didn't want to keep trying at until I finished the game.

Edited by AndyD

You must have missed the one in early in the castle :) I tried it a couple of times but figured that it's something I didn't want to keep trying at until I finished the game.

585327733[/snapback]

Damn really? I definitely, without a doubt, obviously missed it. Strange too as I have bought all the maps for every territory so I really thought I saw everything everywhere. I am with you though. that little game could have occupied way to many hours, so I just moved on until I finished the game.

And yeah, to answer your post above, I punked out on the right path. I figure I will take that path when I play the game a second time around, which even if it is not anytime soon, I know I will definitely do.

Question for you:

I have been carrying the TMP with me for quite some time, and I have not picked up any TMP ammo forever now, probably since the middle of Chapter 3. I am thinking about selling it since I have not seen any ammo, so my question is did you find this to be the case as well and is the TMP useless after a certain point? TIA

And needless to say, I agree 110% with you also, this is by far one of the best games I have played in a very long time, if not the best all around game I have ever played period. I really do not recall being so sucked into a game since Mario 64.

Damn really? I definitely, without a doubt, obviously missed it. Strange too as I have bought all the maps for every territory so I really thought I saw everything everywhere. I am with you though. that little game could have occupied way to many hours, so I just moved on until I finished the game.

And yeah, to answer your post above, I punked out on the right path. I figure I will take that path when I play the game a second time around, which even if it is not anytime soon, I know I will definitely do.

Question for you:

I have been carrying the TMP with me for quite some time, and I have not picked up any TMP ammo forever now, probably since the middle of Chapter 3. I am thinking about selling it since I have not seen any ammo, so my question is did you find this to be the case as well and is the TMP useless after a certain point? TIA

And needless to say, I agree 110% with you also, this is by far one of the best games I have played in a very long time, if not the best all around game I have ever played period. I really do not recall being so sucked into a game since Mario 64.

585327778[/snapback]

Get rid of it. I never used it but I've managed quite well with the following upgraded weapons...

Blacktail

SemiAuto Rifle

Riot Shotgun

Whatever you do, don't buy a butterfly. You can find a freebie towards the end of chapter 3.

Also, that shooting range wasn't on the map. I remember walking in and wondering where the hell I was..checked the map...nothing showed up. It had the same door though. So far, there has been three locations.

Get rid of it.? I never used it but I've managed quite well with the following upgraded weapons...

Blacktail

SemiAuto Rifle

Riot Shotgun

Whatever you do, don't buy a butterfly.? You can find a freebie towards the end of chapter 3.

Also, that shooting range wasn't on the map.? I remember walking in and wondering where the hell I was..checked the map...nothing showed up.? It had the same door though.? So far, there has been three locations.

585327892[/snapback]

Damn 3 locations? WOW. I have really missed out. So much for the map. LOL

And cool, besides the TMP and Rocket Launcher, which I have yet to use either, I have those same exact 3 weapons that you said you use also with upgrades, so all is good. I am getting rid of it, and freeing up some room in my Attach? (Y)e. (Y) Thanks for responding.

Question for you:

585327778[/snapback]

I don't think this is much of a spoiler so I'll answer in the clear. The TMP is pretty much useless in any case. I bought it, realized it was weak and had no killing power, and sold it back. Every box of TMP I get is just cash for the next merchant :)

Heck, after upgrades I can kill enemies far faster with just my handgun. TMP is good for knocking down a group of enemies by shooting out their legs, but that's not really ever needed, it's just usefull if you don't want to use shotgun ammo or have a hard time picking them off with a handgun.

Just under 14 hours in. So far I've died 61 times.

The Striker makes me a walking tank- especially with my shiny new body armor.

The Regenerators are one of the most horrifying enemies I have ever seen. There's nothing particular that sticks out... but the way they move, that sluggish swagger, and their perpetual smiles.... ugh. The first time one creeped up on me I just about dropped the controller.

The boss fight against Salabar (is that the right name?), while impressive, was a little on the easy side. Then again, I suppose the rocket launcher might have helped alleviate some of the difficulty :happy:

Right now I've rescued Ashley from the storage room on the island. I'm literally just after the scene where the Regenerator at the bottom of the trash duct wakes up.

Can't wait to see what happens next! :woot:

I don't think this is much of a spoiler so I'll answer in the clear. The TMP is pretty much useless in any case. I bought it, realized it was weak and had no killing power, and sold it back. Every box of TMP I get is just cash for the next merchant :)

585329074[/snapback]

The TMP has been my most used weapon ever since I left the castle. Before that I used it once.

It's great once you power it up. I didn't have any problem finding ammo.

Yeah, I'm at almost the exact same point you are. I've stopped killing every enemy now, and I use a shotgun. I can see where TMP could come in handy now, but there was no way I was going to keep it and it's ammo around until this point :(