• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

[Request] Good Home Theatre for $700

jeffeh    0

Hey first post! I'm only 16 and am interested in getting a new home theatre system for my room but my budget is only $700 so I wanted to know if anyone could recommend a couple for me. I was thinking would it be better to get those mini cd player stereos and just hook it up to my tv?

Thanks, Jeff

bakerster    0

Look for Onkyo. They ahve good HTiAB that are nicely priced.

Pink Floyd    15

what do you expect to buy?

receiver, cd player, dvd player, tapedesk perhaps?, vinile ?

prolly not dvd-audio nor SaCD..

I would not chech highend hardware like onkyo since it's your first one

buy some sony, panasonic, pioneer, etc

bangbang023    31
Look for Onkyo. They ahve good HTiAB that are nicely priced.

585285527[/snapback]

For $700, it will be hard to get a good system, but Onkyo and Yamaha are the direction to look. YHT-450 is a nice system. I believe you get the 5740 receiver which is pretty damn nice. The system also has a piano black finish to it which is very classy.

Rathamon    0

well if you live in the UK you should check out a shop chain called "richer sounds" , they sell allot of second hand/slightly graded stock real cheap , like I got a decent 100W 6.1 reciever for ?50

bangbang023    31
well if you live in the UK you should check out a shop chain called "richer sounds"  , they sell allot of second hand/slightly graded stock real cheap , like I got a decent 100W 6.1 reciever for ?50

585287834[/snapback]

100 watts total or per channel? I'm really hoping it's per channel.

Rathamon    0
100 watts total or per channel? I'm really hoping it's per channel.

585287993[/snapback]

per channel! :)

+Elliot B.    1,524

Is the Richer Sounds website working for you at the moment (down for me @ 9:29 pm 13/01/04).

Snipe    0

For that much money I would probably buy a receiver and 5.1 or 6.1 speaker set OR get one of those combo deals with the receiver and speakers (and maybe DVD as well if you need that). Some of those systems are really cheap. It will not be spectacular but it will do, especially for your first system and for your bedroom.

Something like this maybe:

Yamaha Complete System

I have not heard this so I am not recommending it, just want to give you an idea of what I was talking about. There are plenty more systems like this. If you go to a store like Best Buy you can listen to them and see what you like.

Hope I am not to late :pinch:

Edited by Snipe

bangbang023    31
For that much money I would probably buy a receiver and 5.1 or 6.1 speaker set OR get one of those combo deals with the receiver and speakers (and maybe DVD as well if you need that).  Some of those systems are really cheap.  It will not be spectacular but it will do, especially for your first system and for your bedroom.

Something like this maybe:

Yamaha Complete System

I have not heard this so I am not recommending it, just want to give you an idea of what I was talking about.  There are plenty more systems like this.  If you go to a store like Best Buy you can listen to them and see what you like.

Hope I am not to late&nbsp:pinch:h:

585359531[/snapback]

I work at BB. That system is nice but way over priced for the quality of the speakers.