There are many great features available to you once you register at Neowin, including:

• Richer content, access to many features that are disabled for guests like commenting on the front page
  • Access to a great community, with a massive database of experience on hard & software issues, gaming and recreational activities, and more
  • Access to the Neowin IRC - you could make a friend from across the world and talk to them live
  • Access to Neowin contests & subscription offers and forums that are not open to guests/li>
  • It's simple, and FREE! · Register here

Is this a good TV?

I'm going to college in a few months and moving into an area with a lot more HDTV coverage than here. Because of this, I'm going to buy a new TV.

I've settled on this one for now, but if there's another one relatively close to this price point ($699), please give me recommendations.

It has all the inputs and outputs that I need and will work with what boxes Comcast offers. It has DVI and component and all those outputs which will work fine with what I already have. Also has a built in HD tuner, just in case Comcast won't carry one of the local stations (they don't here, I guess the stations want to promote Over-the-Air HDTV instead of just through the cable companies.)

Anyways, suggestions? Thoughts?

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Samsung-26-...roductDetail.do

It's a pretty good set, indeed. If you want something a little better, look at the 26hf84. I know I mention that model line over and over again, but it's very good. The only thing is that the Samsung has a built in tuner and the Toshiba doesn't.

you can get 27" lcd for around that price...

585288146[/snapback]

Not anything HD or good. That's $700. The cheapest 27" LCD that I've seen is about $1200, or so.

If you want something a little better, look at the 26hf84. I know I mention that model line over and over again, but it's very good.

585287654[/snapback]

The one big thing that catches me on that TV is this: compatible with HDTV/SDTV formats ? when connected to a separate HDTV tuner ? and displays them at 1080i or 540p)

What about 720p? I know FOX Sports does all their broadcasts in 720p.

Also, it has on DVI, but HDMI, and the cable boxes that Comcast offers don't have HDMI.

Hopefully by the time I actually do buy this set, it will come down in price and maybe there will be a few more options out there. I've still got 6 months before I seriously purchase the TV, but I wanted to start the search early, just in case some extra funds come in and I can get it earlier than expected :cool:ool: