What do you drive?

25 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Yeah that’s the one I was looking at 👍  but also wanted the Brembos. I figured that and a Torsen with 3.73 gears would top it off. 

Brembos are nice but there are just as nice/nicer out there.  3.73s nice too if you plan on boost, otherwise 4.10s are a better option.  

Just thought I'd update, I'm still driving my old 1999 Dodge Dakota with the 3.9L V-6.  Approaching 240,000 miles.  I mostly use it for occasionally commuting to work and hauling stuff any more.  If I need a load of gravel, an appliance hauled, etc., that's what it does.  I used it the other day to haul a bunch of stuff for my brother to build a gate across his driveway.

My wife's car is a 2006 Ford Taurus, but we're shopping around for a replacement because even though it's a newer car with lower mileage, it has turned into a money and rust pit compared to the ol' Dodge.

• 2 months later...

So what kind of vehicle do you currently drive and why? Do you like it? 

I recently bought a 2019 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 ES. Standard transmission. Here’s my take on it:

PROS:

Excellent, super cheap price tag compared to other vehicles in its class.

Super excellent gas mileage.

Nice, loud radio with big HD colorful touch screen and Bluetooth.

Backup camera

Power windows 

Power locks

ABS Breaks

Big trunk space

5 cup holders. 3 in front, two in back.

Comfortable seats, not the best, but not the worst either

Nice leg room

$20 fills the tank. Lasts 2 weeks (my case)

Great warranty: 10 years or 100,000 miles

Very cute, good looking design. Pretty colors.

CONS:

3 cylinder, 75hp, slow, noisy engine.

0-60 in 10 mins (just kidding)

Small 14” tires that don’t seem to go with its big body

Feels a bit weird at 60mph or higher. Maybe due to the very small tires.

I bought it because I just can’t spend too much on a vehicle right now. Rather have that than a Ford. Overall the car is not bad. It’s a great car to get you to work and back, pick the kids up from school, go grocery shopping or just ride around town or the city (Daytona Beach in my case)

If I was to get on I-4 to go to Orlando or another state or big city, I would definitely rent a bigger vehicle as I just don’t feel too safe driving that thing on

I-4. It feels like a street legal golf cart...LOL

Other than that, if you are looking for a cheap, good looking ride to get you to and back from work or school or to get you around your city, and if you don’t care for speed or bells and whistles, then it’s a fine car.

D46C1B66-3885-4A21-939F-7EB906A72EE7.jpeg

030EAF8F-7121-4EA4-B788-6087DA82AEBD.jpeg

Edited by spacelordmaster
Correct grammar

It's been 4.5 years and I still have the E46 M3 manual!

It's been a costly experience, but I knew this might be the case as it's a 14 year old M car that originally cost some £50,000 and still costs in maintenance with that of a 59k performance car of the time.

I do share the driving experience with friends anf family though as much I can. Non car people especially as seeing their faces is priceless. Everyone enjoys the modern classics :)

Album here: https://imgur.com/a/utfhSI5

And most recent video of my friend's 7yr old son:

https://youtu.be/H9y8asHxkfw

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, mrk said:

It's been 4.5 years and I still have the E46 M3 manual!

It's been a costly experience, but I knew this might be the case as it's a 14 year old M car that originally cost some £50,000 and still costs in maintenance with that of a 59k performance car of the time.

I do share the driving experience with friends anf family though as much I can. Non car people especially as seeing their faces is priceless. Everyone enjoys the modern classics :)

Album here: https://imgur.com/a/utfhSI5

And most recent video of my friend's 7yr old son:

https://youtu.be/H9y8asHxkfw

Very nice, that is one clean M3! I know the E30/36 get lots of love, but I just love the looks of the E46, and is my favorite gen. of M3. 

On 11/18/2012 at 7:14 AM, cork1958 said:

Stupid site won't let me fix above post, so going to post a new reply.

1966 Plymouth Satellite

post-17953-0-57657100-1353240851.jpg

Yep, nice weather and still driving her!!

1966 Plymouth Satellite, 361ci, 4bbl

2003 Ford Ranger in pic is wife's and she's still going strong also.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, tsupersonic said:

Very nice, that is one clean M3! I know the E30/36 get lots of love, but I just love the looks of the E46, and is my favorite gen. of M3. 

Having seen E30 M3 prices, I can see why they get a lot of love! Many E46s are rotting away these days so maybe in a few more years mine will be one of the last few remaining on UK roads!

37 minutes ago, cork1958 said:

Yep, nice weather and still driving her!!

1966 Plymouth Satellite, 361ci, 4bbl

2003 Ford Ranger in pic is wife's and she's still going strong also.

Nice!

I've got a 2017 F150 Super Crew.  Living in Edmonton, having a pickup is the way to go.  My girlfriend has a jetta that I drive to work (downtown), and it feels so tiny.

I drive a 2001 Chevy Malibu in super stylish mustard brown. It is pretty much a generic sedan. I'd prefer something smaller, but it is what I have. Cost me all of $3000 a decade ago. Works fine, A/C is decent, meets my needs. I don't drive enough (or have enough money) to justify upgrading.

I'll probably drive it until it dies, as I did my previous car (1984 Mercedes 190e, which I loved, perfect size, got that in '96), but I think it'll last a while. I have had no problems with it so far. It isn't cheaply made or anything, so I appreciate that much.

• 3 months later...

I forgot about this thread; definitely time to revive it, as I got a new car about a week-and-a-half ago, and I've finally gone electric with a BMW i3!

523899310_20190915_181105-Copy.thumb.jpg.d8d8a99a4acf672b6113a186cfc4bfb0.jpg

• 2 months later...

purchased my first new car in almost 12 years, a 2020 Ford Explorer ST with a few added on packages(Technology Package and ST Street Pack)! Ill get photos when it returns from the shop. I am having tint added to the front windows and a ceramic coating applied to the paint. I've driven it shortly and so far I absolutely love it!

• 6 months later...

Currently driving a 2020 BMW 530e xDrive.

I got the car to tip my feet into the water on an EV and I'm glad I did. I didn't go full EV as I live in the city and street park so I'm not guaranteed access to my curbside charger.

qop9jK9h.jpg

sIujUkFh.jpg

• Like 3

2018 Ford Focus 3Cyl, 1L.  2012 Ford F150 XLT 4x4, 2005 Pontiac Vibe, 2019 Kia Forte     

I need another vehicle.  🙂

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

this baby!. i got an amazing deal.  considering the brand new model is out for more then a year, the old ones lose value pretty damn fast (which is great for me)

It is pretty much all i ever wanted in a car.  The infortainment system SUCKS.  but who cares.  I can connect Android Auto. 

But the drive itself is what I love. And the looks, obviously.  I feel at home there.

image.png.91db2b148507f7d9605dc19473217f52.pngimage.thumb.png.3ccab58baf1eca1420225892904e75d9.png

personally, this old model lasted 7 years with minor changes.  and i do truly believe that that shape is a classic that is going to be good looking forever.  I mean, the new model just changed a few things, and made it more aggressive as expected. but that does not mean my car design is out dated.  no sir, this design forever!

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Mine's an oldie but in tip top condition!

BMW E46 320Ci

20210113_151055.jpg

20210113_151236.jpg

Since taking those pics last month I have different wheels (Dark Bronze BMW 18" Styling M135 M double spoke) and it is in the shop getting a M Tech 2 kit.

When I pick it up and after the snow has cleared I'll post new pics 😜

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

New ride.  2021 Toyota Rav 4 XLE.  Traded in a 2014 Honda CRV.  Got $10k for the CRV so a nice trade in.  The little lady and I will be doing more road trips so wanted something newer/nicer for that.   Wanted a diff color than the normal  grays, black, whites, or reds.  Was either this  color (blue flame), or the Lunar Rock.  But the later did not have a sun roof so we went with the Blue Flame.  I am liking the color tho and will not be hard to find in a parking lot for sure.  Drives nice, Apple/Android Auto as well.  Live in AZ but decided to go with the XLE as the model higher has the leather seats.  And leather seats in 110+ weather does not feel good when wearing shorts.   Car came with the convenience package package which includes things like the moon roof and push button trunk open/close.  Color looks better in the sun.  Brighter.

PXL_20210311_002215781.jpg

Edited by techbeck

• 1 month later...

Fiance just traded in her 6month old 2020 Honda Fit (paid off) for a 2021 Toyota Corolla Hybrid.  She loves it so far and it is really good on gas.  Controls for the consoles are pretty much the same as the RAV4 we just got. 

What ###### me off on the Honda FIT she got was that no matter which front window was open when driving 55mph or more, there was a high pitched whistle/noise coming from the front driver side.  Back windows open only, no noise. All windows closed, no noise.  Either front open, noise.  Took it back to the dealership to get it checked out and they told us they drove other cars the same make/model and same noise.  Nothing they could fix and it is how the car is.  Which is pretty damn poor quality checks IMO if that was missed.  I liked Toyota over Honda and now she does to.

On 09/01/2021 at 12:58, E.Worm Jimmy said:

It is pretty much all i ever wanted in a car.  The infortainment system SUCKS.  but who cares.  I can connect Android Auto.

Same for the RAV4 I just got.  The EnTune for Toyota never was any good since they started it.  In fact, they no longer offer it really and decided just do do Android/Apple instead.  Works great and no issues so far.

• 4 weeks later...

2013 Volvo XC60 AWD R-Design SE Lux, with Polestar re-map. I've always wanted an XC, and this one came up a few years ago as used from a main dealer. It was too good to turn down.

2.4 flat 5 cylinder turbo diesel

Winter pack (heated front seats, heated windscreen)

Child pack (booster seats in the rear bench, tinted rear glass)

Adaptive headlights which follow the road, and the main beams dip when vehicles come within range

City safe to help prevent rear-ending the car in front in traffic

Power fold mirrors

Adaptive cruise control which helps maintain the gap between you and the car in front

Blind spot indicator

Lane departure alerts

plus a bunch of other stuff I forget now

DSC_0231.JPG

20210305_153059.jpg

It now has a M-Tech 2 pack all around and BMW styling 135 (M Sport) wheels. It was done in February but I forgot to post updates.

SNAG-0007.png

I've now spent far too much money on it, so I am not doing anything else other than upkeep. I did receive the AAWireless indiegogo project that I joined last year and since a couple of weeks, have Android Auto Wireless in the car, it's great! 

• Like 1