What do you drive?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got my Brand New Audi A4

2.0 TDI 177 Multitronic

SE Technik + a few optional extras (Xenon Headlights were a must, look soo good on the new Audi's).

More Pics here

BORX6lb.jpg

2007 Ford Mondeo ST TDCi

2.2 Litre Turbo Diesel

0 - 60 in 7 secs tops out at 155

Some slight mods :P

will get pics later

Just got my Brand New Audi A4

2.0 TDI 177 Multitronic

SE Technik + a few optional extras (Xenon Headlights were a must, look soo good on the new Audi's).

More Pics here

BORX6lb.jpg

Nice car! If you weren't in a rush, they are releasing new gen. (B9) next year! 

Nice car! If you weren't in a rush, they are releasing new gen. (B9) next year! 

Yeah I know, that's why I got this one, they have a deal on it, probably could't have afforded it otherwise.

But also cause I wanted it now lol.

Just thought I would post an update.  The past day or two has been spring maintenance on my vehicles.  Changing the oil, greasing the drive line, rotating tires, greasing the front end, topping off transmission and differential fluid, etc.

I've replied to this thread once before but it didn't include my 4 wheeler, plus I've upgraded to a better antenna for my CB radio and moved it to a different location so I no longer smack low clearance signs.  Before when I went to the VA in Huntington, WV, I had to stop at the entrance to the parking garage and lay down my CB antenna because it stuck up too far.  By moving it back onto the bed side rail I was able to upgrade to a bigger and better antenna, but still have low enough clearance to make it into the parking garage at the VA.

The pickup is my workhorse.  It's just an old pickup truck with high miles that just keeps on going like the energizer bunny because I take good care of it and try to keep it maintained.  The 4 wheeler is what I use to get around some of the property we own faster.  It also doubles as a wagon puller when my 3 year old little boy wants to ride around the yard.  It also has a CB radio.  The CB antenna on the 4 wheeler doubles as a spider web catcher.

Truck

1999 Dodge Dakota

3.9L V-6 Magnum

2WD

210,000 miles

4 wheeler

2008 Kawasaki Bayou 250

2WD

post-125978-0-21335400-1396390424.jpg

Question...

Your 210k car why is it they last so long??

In UK 100k is seen as high scrapping close millage.

Whats with this? Is it price of repair? And cheaper to buy or am I missing something

Question...

Your 210k car why is it they last so long??

In UK 100k is seen as high scrapping close millage.

Whats with this? Is it price of repair? And cheaper to buy or am I missing something

I try to take good care of my vehicles.  Every 3,000 miles I change the oil, rotate the tires, and grease all joints myself.  If there's a problem I try to tackle it as soon as possible before it becomes expensive.  I don't think I've really done anything out of the ordinary.  I know a lot of people don't change their own oil, but they still take it to a garage like JiffyLube and get it changed, so I don't really attribute me doing it myself to the long life of the vehicle.  I just treat my truck like it's a person and try to take care of small problems before they turn into big, expensive problems.  A lot of people around here at least have cars that have high mileage like this for a few reasons.  The main reason I think is that this is a low income area, so a lot of times it's cheaper to fix things yourself than it is to just say screw it and go buy a new car.

Routine maintenance probably, in my opinion, the most important thing you can do to extend the life of your vehicle.  It's not just changing your oil and filter.  Every fall when the weather starts cooling down I replace the fuel filter (Except on this pickup because it's built into the fuel pump so it's a pain to get to).  Every time I change the oil, while I have the hood up, I check the condition of things like the air filter, antifreeze, clutch fluid, brake fluid, even the washer fluid.  When I change the oil I rotate the tires and grease all available grease plugs on the front end.  While I have the tires off to rotate them I also check the condition of my brakes and rotors to make sure there is no excessive wear and that the brake pads/drums are in good shape, and if the calipers look dry I take them off and smear a little bit of grease around the piston.  I also check the condition of things like the springs, shocks, leaf springs, and the bolts and brackets that hold them in place to make sure nothing is cracked, bent, warped, etc.  About once a year I grease the drive shaft and top off the transmission and differential fluid.  On the Explorer which has an automatic transmission, I change the transmission fluid and filter every 25,000 miles or so.  If I scratch the paint I cover it with clear nail polish at the very least to stop it from rusting, because once water gets under that paint it'll start to rust.  In the winter when the snow starts to taper off, I take it through the car wash and do a very thorough job of washing the undercarriage to get rid of salt residue so it doesn't start to eat away at things like my frame, leaf springs, etc.  Road salt will absolutely destroy the undercarriage of your car, especially if it's a unibody frame.  I see some cars that drive around here that look like you stood back with a rust shotgun and just peppered them.  There's tons of routine maintenance you can do, so I keep a log and check it out every 3,000 miles when I change the oil to see if anything else is due at the same time.

• Like 2

Stupid site won't let me fix above post, so going to post a new reply.

1966 Plymouth Satellite

Looks badass! Nice.

• 2 weeks later...

Today a picked up my new vehicle. I have never owned something as powerful as this. 389HP, 420 Torque, 5.3L EcoTech 3 V8... when this thing accelerates... you are literally thrown back into your seat and you feel yourself lifting into the sky. I present to you, my new baby, 2014 GMC Sierra Double Cab 4x4

2014-gmc-sierra-review.jpg

I am driving a 97 s10 4.3 5speed its got 291k on the clock motor was replaced once in great shape driven by an old man for most of it gave it to his grandson who would have destroyed it if I had not gotten it

Nice, what year? I am toying with the idea of a used GT-R or 911 or Corvette or something along those lines. 

Its a 2013.  I have to admit - its not mine.  The GT-R is my father's.  He crushed a vertebrae in his back from a wreck in another car & can no longer drive it.  I drive it 90% of the time, but technically - it is not mine. ;(

Latest action shot of mine...

Holy crap ! $733 for speeding ?  I hope you were going 240 kph !

In the states, you can just pay $75 and a lawyer will get it canceled for you - what about in Aus ?

Nice, what year? I am toying with the idea of a used GT-R or 911 or Corvette or something along those lines. 

that BMW is a big step down from a CL63 AMG in terms of power

All I can tell you is you must go to bathroom before getting in the GT-R - because if someone is dumb enough to want to race... you will make a mess in your pants when you step on it.  & you are always @ risk of looking and sounding like a little kid - I smile and giggle every single time I step on it.

Its a 2013.  I have to admit - its not mine.  The GT-R is my father's.  He crushed a vertebrae in his back from a wreck in another car & can no longer drive it.  I drive it 90% of the time, but technically - it is not mine. ;(

Ouch for your dad, doesn't sound fun :-( Well at least you get to drive it a lot!

that BMW is a big step down from a CL63 AMG in terms of power

All I can tell you is you must go to bathroom before getting in the GT-R - because if someone is dumb enough to want to race... you will make a mess in your pants when you step on it.

Haha yep, down 200 HP and 165 Ft-lb torque. But the BMW is more practical all around. It's also AWD, which helps in the winter quite a bit. I do miss the power of the AMG, hence me wanting a nice fun (summer) car. I'll probably end up settling for another AMG, I just love those motors.

I always get stupid people that tried to race the AMG. On the test drive, I had a Mazda 6 that was trying. Not a big fan of street racing, more of a track person

Ouch for your dad, doesn't sound fun :-( Well at least you get to drive it a lot!

Haha yep, down 200 HP and 165 Ft-lb torque. But the BMW is more practical all around. It's also AWD, which helps in the winter quite a bit. I do miss the power of the AMG, hence me wanting a nice fun (summer) car. I'll probably end up settling for another AMG, I just love those motors.

I always get stupid people that tried to race the AMG. On the test drive, I had a Mazda 6 that was trying. Not a big fan of street racing, more of a track person

LOL a Mazda 6 going up against a 6.3L AMG beast... stupid kids - never learn.  My car is just a G37, but I get a lot of dumb kids wanting to race usually in some little tuner wannabe.  The best was a kid in a 6 cyl Mustang.  I hate Mustangs with a passion (Trailer Park Ferrari) - and loved pulling away from that thing like crazy.  The G37 is quick for what it is, but I have no delusions, I would never race a 6.3L AMG.