What do you drive?

I drive a car that I dislike, but can't really find a fault to hate. The dislike is just what I'd have being stuck with any heavy 4-door sedan. 

I drive a car that I dislike, but can't really find a fault to hate. The dislike is just what I'd have being stuck with any heavy 4-door sedan. 

Well what do you drive? What's your ideal/dream car? 

Well what do you drive? What's your ideal/dream car? 

Currently have a ugly ass gold colored 2001 Chevy Malibu. Got it mostly because my old car died and I needed something quick and cheap.

Previously I had a 1982 Mercedes 190e, which I loved. Small and light, performed like a dream. I don't want really anything better than that. Dream car would probably be a higher end Mercedes sedan, but I don't bother thinking about that much. If something small and affordable with air conditioning came along, I'd swap in a second.

old.jpgnew.jpg

• Like 2

190E's are very cool cars. I love older Mercedes too, they were rock solid (compared to today's MB build quality). Newer Mercedes are just money pits. They are nice to drive, but when ###### breaks, your wallet will absolutely cry. Trust me - I once bought a '07 MB CLS 63 AMG. These cars depreciate so fast, so I got it for less than a price of a fully loaded Honda Accord. It was an absolute blast to drive, but I had an expensive (expensive in the sense I could have bought a used car) repair. I love German cars, but I'm pretty sure I won't want to buy one again. 

2008 Toyota Yaris
Manual Windows, Manual Locks, No cruise control.
Only thing auto is the transmission. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes I get in these moods where I think I should be practical, get rid of the daily and the weekend monster and get a Honda or something.  Then I kick myself in the nards and remember how much fun it is to step on the gas and feel my stomach go into my throat.  Then other days I just want a new F150.  *neverhappy*

Sometimes I get in these moods where I think I should be practical, get rid of the daily and the weekend monster and get a Honda or something.  Then I kick myself in the nards and remember how much fun it is to step on the gas and feel my stomach go into my throat.  Then other days I just want a new F150.  *neverhappy*

/sigh, I can relate. I also go through the same - some days I think I should just get a Civic or Accord and be done with it. Then, I get into my v8, and really realize I should get a more fuel efficient vehicle. I'm averaging 18-20 mpg city, which is not bad for a naturally aspirated v8, but it would be nice to have a turbo 4 in the new Civic (the new Civic looks pretty badass actually).

Currently have a ugly ass gold colored 2001 Chevy Malibu. Got it mostly because my old car died and I needed something quick and cheap.

Previously I had a 1982 Mercedes 190e, which I loved. Small and light, performed like a dream. I don't want really anything better than that. Dream car would probably be a higher end Mercedes sedan, but I don't bother thinking about that much. If something small and affordable with air conditioning came along, I'd swap in a second.

old.jpg

Gold :wacko: 

Wife's car, 2015 Chrysler 200C. Very nice!

2015-10-28_16.03.44.thumb.jpg.f44bdd9354

My daily driver, 2016 Honda Accord Coupe Touring:

2015-10-28_16.04.34.thumb.jpg.0fb98eaa95

The Honda looks nice. Not a fan of the 200. I test drove one before buying a Merc E350, and it just felt under-powered, noisy on the road, and although the interior is decent, you could tell they had to cut corners. It was a loaded 200c. Additionally, it looks as though they are getting terrible reviews since I last looked at the car. Any complaints on your end?

My wife's 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe and my 2015 Mustang.

19470549835_af211a770c_k.jpg

Any particular reason you choose the Ecoboost over the Coyote V8? I test drove an Ecoboost just to check them out, and couldn't take the turbo lag. I have a 2013 Shelby GT500, I was thinking about picking up the new GT350, however, they are marking them up $20,000 over on this end, and that is Corvette territory at that price. I may just wait to see if Ford brings back the GT500 in the new body style.

Any particular reason you choose the Ecoboost over the Coyote V8? I test drove an Ecoboost just to check them out, and couldn't take the turbo lag. I have a 2013 Shelby GT500, I was thinking about picking up the new GT350, however, they are marking them up $20,000 over on this end, and that is Corvette territory at that price. I may just wait to see if Ford brings back the GT500 in the new body style.

Coming from my BMW 335i, I also found the Ecoboost Mustang to have terrible turbo lag. Both cars use a single twinscroll turbo, but the BMW does have a superior auto transmission than the Mustang. Anyways, the GT350 is an absolutely sweet car. I've seen insane markups on them as well. Good luck if you can get a dealer to allocate one, and get a good deal. That 5.2L engine sounds absolutely mega. For now, I'm quite content with my '15 GT.

Mine is the V-6, not the Ecoboost. I had an Ecoboost 2015 Mustang as a rental in Florida for a week (which helped me decide that I wanted to go with a Mustang for my next car). I loved the car rental car, but hated the 4 cylinder sound and the turbo lag. Came back and drove the V6, loved the sound, thought the pick up was spot on for what I want and need. Pocket book isn't ready for the GT right now. Once the Genesis is paid off in 3 years, I might look at getting the GT to replace my current Mustang. I also have a year left to pay on my Harley, so I got to monitor my funds. 

• Like 2

WP_20150511_18_51_06_Pro_resize_4.thumb.

Here's mine, barely 6 months old, too bad Opel won't be making any new GTC models going on, she's a real speed devil, she sticks to the road no matter what and the 6 gear stick is one of the most precise I've ever had. And she barely sips anything: 5.8L/100km (40mpg)