What do you drive?

The Honda looks nice. Not a fan of the 200. I test drove one before buying a Merc E350, and it just felt under-powered, noisy on the road, and although the interior is decent, you could tell they had to cut corners. It was a loaded 200c. Additionally, it looks as though they are getting terrible reviews since I last looked at the car. Any complaints on your end?

We got the 200 that has the v6, has not felt underpowered. Compared to a MB E350, yeah I could see it seeming not quite as luxurious/refined. However, have not had any issues/complaints with it.

• 3 months later...
10 minutes ago, tsupersonic said:

Congrats! I have a '15 GT :)

We have something in common! My only wish is that the stock exhaust on these new GTs was a wee bit louder.

What color?  I've been experimenting lately. I've managed to squeeze out 22mpg city without driving like a granny :D When I first got it though, it was 15-16mpg everywhere. This is the first time I've considered a Mustang, but I couldn't resist once it went to IRS.

Edited by adrynalyne

17 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

We have something in common! My only wish is that the stock exhaust on these new GTs was a wee bit louder.

What color?  I've been experimenting lately. I've managed to squeeze out 22mpg city without driving like a granny :D When I first got it though, it was 15-16mpg everywhere. This is the first time I've considered a Mustang, but I couldn't resist once it went to IRS.

Oxford White. I posted a pic in this thread when I got the car last June (car at dealership). My best in city tank was 20 MPG, but it's usually 16-18 MPG. I'm not too easy on the fun pedal :p I don't drive much, just hit 6k miles (this is one of 3 cars that I currently have). 

You could always get an aftermarket exhaust setup...there are many options. 

Dtp8iEE.jpg

4 minutes ago, tsupersonic said:

Oxford White. I posted a pic in this thread when I got the car last June (car at dealership). My best in city tank was 20 MPG, but it's usually 16-18 MPG. I'm not too easy on the fun pedal :p I don't drive much, just hit 6k miles (this is one of 3 cars that I currently have). 

You could always get an aftermarket exhaust setup...there are many options. 

Dtp8iEE.jpg

Yeah, I really want that Roush active exhaust system. That way my wife won't be annoyed by the sound because I can adjust and quiet it with her in the car. These cars really pop in white. I wasn't sure about the yellow at first ( I usually go dark grey with my cars ) but it grew on me. 

26 minutes ago, LUTZIFER said:

Mine... 2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus, Blacktop Edition, Super Track Pack, the works.

56e0e1bb59d5c_2016SXTPlus.thumb.jpg.9cdc

How is visibility?

3 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

How is visibility?

Good looking out the front, but looking back to the sides isn't that great since the small side windows dont go right to the back.

Backing up probably would be the ###### if it weren't for the awesome backup camera which has excellent view.

19 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Yeah, I really want that Roush active exhaust system. That way my wife won't be annoyed by the sound because I can adjust and quiet it with her in the car. These cars really pop in white. I wasn't sure about the yellow at first ( I usually go dark grey with my cars ) but it grew on me. 

Get that Roush exhaust! :) Yeah, this is my first white car (also my first American car, my first coupe), and it's been excellent so far. Did you do base or premium, and what other options did you get you with yours (if any)? I did just the premium with nothing else, seems to be a good bang for the buck. I also had a friend in Ford who got me the x-plan discount, so it was a pretty sweet deal. 

6 minutes ago, LUTZIFER said:

Good looking out the front, but looking back to the sides isn't that great since the small side windows dont go right to the back.

Backing up probably would be the ###### if it weren't for the awesome backup camera which has excellent view.

That's how I get around it too. Backup camera ,blind spot and collision detection. Blind spot detection has saved me a few times. 

2012 For Fusion (v6 2.5L Automatic)

1979 Ford F-150 (v8 6.6L Automatic 4WD)

1996 Fod F-150 (Inline v6 Manual (Currently not working, brother shattered the front axle shafts)).

I'll post pictures later.

23 minutes ago, tsupersonic said:

Get that Roush exhaust! :) Yeah, this is my first white car (also my first American car, my first coupe), and it's been excellent so far. Did you do base or premium, and what other options did you get you with yours (if any)? I did just the premium with nothing else, seems to be a good bang for the buck. I also had a friend in Ford who got me the x-plan discount, so it was a pretty sweet deal. 

I went Premium with navigation and premium audio , 401a package which gives the blind spot assist, hd radio memory seats/mirrors, etc, 19 inch tires, 255/40zr19. Then the color adds another 500...

Kinda wish id had done higher differential gears and the performance package but I can add that all back myself. Of course it will cost more aftermarket. At the very least I need better tires and maybe staggered rears. I slide way too easy under power. 

I'd love to get a new car. Haven't decided on what I want to get.

Lotus Elise or a Tesla Motors or Nissian 350Z/360Z.

I hate being tall :( Makes driving manuals so much harder.

• 2000 Celica GT commuter (beater)
  • 2011 BMW 335xi commuter (presentation or bad weather)
  • 2010 Mitsubishi Evolution @ 575/530 (weekends, but always repairing something)

Edited by tehsteve86

1 hour ago, tehsteve86 said:
  • 2000 Celica GT commuter (beater)
  • 2011 BMW 335xi commuter (presentation or bad weather)
  • 2010 Mitsubishi Evolution @ 575/530 (weekends, but always repairing something)

modification usually means you will be repairing something...a little (i am guessing stock) 4cyl at 575, yeah you have brought that thing to its limits and it is angry with you.  the bmw would be better suited at that hp, but would be hard to get to without major modification.  Honestly, above 500 I wouldn't want anything less than 8cyls and be reliable...unless it was a gtr motor.

I blew up with the rest of them. Normal bolt-ons + an FP green turbo. Was making about 425/410 and kaboom.

Should have stayed in the safe torque zone of 370.

So I rebuilt 2.3L stroker, ebay crower cams,  manley rods, cp pistons, shep trans.

Now I blow gaskets and leak on every pull.

I can either weld or drop from FP black to FP red.

Perhaps maybe then I can get off the Exedy Stage4 and and drop to a single disk ACT-ME1-HDSS

Edited by tehsteve86

You don't want high compression head or pistons with a turbo.  You need to drop down the boost or change the combo....detonation is a possibility, you haven't mentioned anything about fuel.  I would be running a double external pump, high flow 255lph internal with 100-110 lbs injectors minimum.  You should have a pretty stout fuel rail system too.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got a $5400 bill from Infiniti - 

I put it in the shop to get the ECU flashed/updated & their diagnostics came up with $5400 worth of maintenance   LOL

There was so much BS in there I had to laugh ($150 for Mobil 1 oil change)   I pay $55 for Royal Purple @ wal-mart 

I picked the 4 things that were really important - and the bill went down to $700

I told them I was thinking about just buying a Q50 & they changed their tune.

But now my fiance wants to wait till the end of the year for the 2017 Q60 - so ... since I promised she will get a new car before me - looks like I will be babying the G37 for a while.

Here is the 2017 Q60 - I think it is absolutely beautiful and finally a worthy successor to the G35 & G37

3.0L twin turbo - 400hp is the top dog, the middle version which is 320hp is what she wants.  I dont have to say which version I want

img492615455-1452543171942.thumb.jpg.e0b2017-Infiniti-Q60-coupe-interior.thumb.j

INF15021_Q60_055_EMBARGOED-Until-1.11-12

• Like 2

Got some new tyres fitted this week, Continental SportContact 6, great tyres based on initial reviews and a step above the Pilot Supersport I had in wet and dry by the looks of it.

Car!

CSC6_3.jpg

Elson_1.jpg

1 hour ago, mrk said:

Got some new tyres fitted this week, Continental SportContact 6, great tyres based on initial reviews and a step above the Pilot Supersport I had in wet and dry by the looks of it.

Car!

I'm not a fan of Continental tires, very poor performance and tire life. When I had my old car, I went through Conti DWS all-seasons very quick. I upgraded to the Pilot Supersport and it made a world of a difference, especially on the track! They definitely deserve the praise they get. 

1 hour ago, tsupersonic said:

I'm not a fan of Continental tires, very poor performance and tire life. When I had my old car, I went through Conti DWS all-seasons very quick. I upgraded to the Pilot Supersport and it made a world of a difference, especially on the track! They definitely deserve the praise they get. 

The CSC6 are a new compound and use newer technologies though so shouldn't be compared with older tyres that were known for their short wear life and performance.

Personally I think Supersports are overrated and overpriced for what they offer. They are great trackday tyres of course or when driving on a warm day while working them hard. In the cold and in the wet they are not that great in my experience on a RWD car with 338BHP+, and that's on 265 section rears!

I had Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 before and found them to be truly excellent, the new AS3 are said to be even better even better and I'd have bought those but sadly they are not available in my size for the fronts. So Contis it was based on intiial reviews rating them higher than the Pilot Supersports!

2 hours ago, tsupersonic said:

this really depends on the tire.  They make different tires with different compounds and treads.  DWS are not track tires, they are all season tires.   My dws on my car lasted around 50k (could of had 60+ prior to car stopping short in front of me and totaling it), they were great tires and would buy again.  But a track tire, they are not.  If using them on the track, I would imagine premature wear as well as not being able to hold the car to the ground really well, in comparison to supersports they are a hard compound.  Might as well say a stock nissan sentra handles as well as a ferrari in that instance, comparing the similar type of apple to a similar type of orange...two things being made for different purposes.  You want a track tire, what kind of track 1/4 or autox?  1/4 mile, supersports I wouldn't touch...autox, they are good but there are better out there for less money but you may not like them for wet conditions...should probably have a set on another set of rims/wheels for track duty if you plan on running your car at the track frequently (regardless of track). 

4 hours ago, T3X4S said:

Just got a $5400 bill from Infiniti - 

I put it in the shop to get the ECU flashed/updated & their diagnostics came up with $5400 worth of maintenance   LOL

There was so much BS in there I had to laugh ($150 for Mobil 1 oil change)   I pay $55 for Royal Purple @ wal-mart 

I picked the 4 things that were really important - and the bill went down to $700

I told them I was thinking about just buying a Q50 & they changed their tune.

But now my fiance wants to wait till the end of the year for the 2017 Q60 - so ... since I promised she will get a new car before me - looks like I will be babying the G37 for a while.

Here is the 2017 Q60 - I think it is absolutely beautiful and finally a worthy successor to the G35 & G37

3.0L twin turbo - 400hp is the top dog, the middle version which is 320hp is what she wants.  I dont have to say which version I want

img492615455-1452543171942.thumb.jpg.e0b2017-Infiniti-Q60-coupe-interior.thumb.j

INF15021_Q60_055_EMBARGOED-Until-1.11-12

jesus dood, thats one seriously sexy looking motor :p