What do you drive?

12 hours ago, Riva said:

A Mercedes Benz CL500 Blueefficiency

4.7 biturbo V8

435 BHP ( thinking of an ECU upgrade to 510bhp)

Fantastic car. I love how a 4.7L Biturbo V8 gets labeled Blueefficiency lol. Stop kidding yourself MB - no passenger car with 435 HP is efficient.

16 hours ago, Riva said:

A Mercedes Benz CL500 Blueefficiency

4.7 biturbo V8

435 BHP ( thinking of an ECU upgrade to 510bhp)

3910102142831600x1060.jpg

Very nice upgrade! Did you go for the rear wheel or 4matic?

14 minutes ago, Riva said:

Unfortunately for some reason MB UK doesnt bring that many 4matics so this is a rear-wheel. I was gonna go for the CL63 AMG instead but i was worried it burned more petrol. Turns out MPG between the CL500 and CL63 is pretty much the same in ECO mode, unless you switch to sport mode. So, big regret :(

Didn't know that 4matics were not as prominent in the UK but they really do seem to be impossible to find now that I have googled :o. Can't think of a good reason besides smaller CL production numbers for the UK market but that doesn't explain why there is a general lack of any Wxxx 4matic cars. 

Very lovely car If anything I prefer the bumper of the CL500. Seems much cleaner opposed to the more aggressive CL63. 

Personally I don't think you should have any regrets!

(Y)

20 hours ago, Riva said:

IBlueefficiency refers to the start/stop of the engine when you break in traffic. Also the car is by default in eco mode which means it shifts to 3rd and 4th gear more often. Unless you go sports mode then you realise how these cars hate the asphalt.

Unfortunately for some reason MB UK doesnt bring that many 4matics so this is a rear-wheel. I was gonna go for the CL63 AMG instead but i was worried it burned more petrol. Turns out MPG between the CL500 and CL63 is pretty much the same in ECO mode, unless you switch to sport mode. So, big regret :(

Ah okay. I get why they include these start/stop systems, but it's still a bit ridiculous to include this in a luxury GT where no one cares about fuel economy. But, you get used to turning off the system every time you get in the car.

I had a CLS 63 AMG, and I miss that NA 6.2L V8 growl. 

On 3/3/2018 at 1:26 PM, Riva said:

And then you got married and your wife said that thing is not a family car, let's buy a prius? ?

Nope. My advice if you buy an AMG or any German performance car: 

• budget for repairs (or learn how to do repairs - because it's not a matter if but when). Alternatively, lease it
  • never buy it without some extended warranty
  • have a backup car
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have a new baby :D bought yesterday.

59 plate VW Scirocco 2.0 TSi GT (200bhp model) ive ordered a bluefin chipping set to push it form 200bhp up to 255 :D should get it midweek. First supercharged/petrol turbo ive had and.....oh my days! Just waiting on confirmation when it will be ready for handover :D midweek hopefully!

1 owner

37k on the clock, the thing is totally unmarked, not even a scuffed alloy. Apparently the guy had a full VW service before trading it in........who does that?? :D 

The old owner had literally traded it in that morning, the valet guys had just finished prepping it when i spotted it in the garage, boom an hour after delivery, it was sold! :p Hadnt even made it to their stock list yet lol.

car.thumb.jpg.0db5ffe36d04021d6500f87155c06724.jpg

On 17/3/2018 at 3:21 AM, Mando said:

I have a new baby :D bought yesterday.

59 plate VW Scirocco 2.0 TSi GT (200bhp model) ive ordered a bluefin chipping set to push it form 200bhp up to 255 :D should get it midweek. First supercharged/petrol turbo ive had and.....oh my days! Just waiting on confirmation when it will be ready for handover :D midweek hopefully!

1 owner

37k on the clock, the thing is totally unmarked, not even a scuffed alloy. Apparently the guy had a full VW service before trading it in........who does that?? :D 

The old owner had literally traded it in that morning, the valet guys had just finished prepping it when i spotted it in the garage, boom an hour after delivery, it was sold! :p Hadnt even made it to their stock list yet lol.

no civic?

2 hours ago, Draconian Guppy said:

no civic?

nah test drove it and while impressive it left me cold.

got the Superchips bluefin remap device kit today, 2 quick flashes later, its now pushing 259bhp at the wheels with increase of torques at 73Nm & the higher power curve up to 4k rpm (extra 50bhp before turbo kicks in after supercharger) and an extra 5mpg on average to boot! It spent all of this avvo on the rolling road at my mates garage. His assessment of the chip flash and the car in general is.....holy S its like new underneath! typical mechanic lol took his young lad ou tin  it, hes a boy racer, he just sat and grinned making a beavus n butthead snigger sound :D 

Private plate should be here by midweek next week, then have to wait for DVLA to transfer it over to the Scirocco before i can use M999 NDO on it :D 

sitting toying with replacing the VW head unit with a DAB/Android auto head unit from Alpine.

• Like 1

ok cars almost done :p

Reg is on and new head unit fitted.

gt.thumb.jpg.e951c25e5ef0c9500dd2d05ec0d2086b.jpg

5abbf85c9721a_WhatsAppImage2018-03-26at18_49_24.thumb.jpeg.17acc5dcd499df2fdc11ac7d81bd9b17.jpeg

Just waiting on dynaudio steering wheel adapter to get mfd and wheel controls online and a dab/af-fm/gps sharkfin replacement.

10 speakers and bose amp was already fitted to the car and it matches up with the Pioneer head unit a treat :) so crisp with zero distortion regardless of analyser setting or levels :D half tempted to fit small subs under seats to complete the soundscape. 

• 3 months later...

I must be one of the few that really do not care much about cars.  Still driving an 08 Scion with 210k miles on it.  Runs great and only issues I have had "knock on wood" was regular wear/tear and things I did to damage the car....pot holes, hit dog....but nothing major.  Well, I did have to have the transmission replaced but that was covered under warranty.    It is my daily driver and I drive about 38miles one way to work everyday.  I am basically just driving it until something major happens.  Everything still works in it as well.  Has a few rattles but that is to be expected with a 10yr old car.

10 minutes ago, techbeck said:

I must be one of the few that really do not care much about cars.  Still driving an 08 Scion with 210k miles on it.  Runs great and only issues I have had "knock on wood" was regular wear/tear and things I did to damage the car....pot holes, hit dog....but nothing major.  Well, I did have to have the transmission replaced but that was covered under warranty.    It is my daily driver and I drive about 38miles one way to work everyday.  I am basically just driving it until something major happens.  Everything still works in it as well.  Has a few rattles but that is to be expected with a 10yr old car.

I would've been fine with the Equinox but with my new job that's $100 a week on gas, and it's a bit slow on acceleration.  The new car with trade in is practically paying for itself.

Oh, boy...if it's approved...

In the Air

Wing span: 26 feet

Length: 16 feet

Wing loading: 12 lbs/sq. Ft.

Power: 100 hp

Power Source: Internal combustion engine

Cruising speed: 125 mph

Range: 400 miles

Max gross wt: 1500 lbs

Empty weight: 1000 lbs

Holds 2 occupants

On the Road

Length: 16 feet

Width: 6 feet

Height: 6 feet 3 inches

Power: 40kW electric

Range: 50 miles on pure electric, 400 miles with battery recharge via engine

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, sc302 said:

Soon to have a Mustang GT again.  2018 Premium with Performance Package 1 and Active Exhaust.  Getting delivered tomorrow to dealer from another dealer.

Cool. I had a 2015 GT - it was definitely a sweet ride. 

11 minutes ago, tsupersonic said:

Cool. I had a 2015 GT - it was definitely a sweet ride. 

Did you get rid of it?

I switched from a 2015 to 2019. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Did you get rid of it?

I switched from a 2015 to 2019. 

Yep, I sold it. I got it for a hell of a deal when it was brand new, and sold it for a good amount. Anyways, how do you like the 2019 compared to the 2015? The new features / more power seem like a nice upgrade! 

What I like about the 2019 is that it has the rpm matching 6 speed.  What I liked about the 18, is that it was 3k cheaper after discounts....39k from 45.5k sticker.  What I don't like about the 2018-2019 is the mt82 6 speed transmission and aluminum shift forks, and the bbq tick that seems to occur after the first oil change.

1 minute ago, tsupersonic said:

Yep, I sold it. I got it for a hell of a deal when it was brand new, and sold it for a good amount. Anyways, how do you like the 2019 compared to the 2015? The new features / more power seem like a nice upgrade! 

Oh it’s great! Ford tweaked the exhaust note and volume, even with the non-active exhaust. Kinda wished I got that and the performance pack 1, but I was impatient and the dealer had only automatics with it so I ended up getting an Oxford white manual on 20s. Popped in a steeda clutch assist and perch upgrade the first week and it’s been awesome. I still like the 2015-2017 front end better. It’s nice having LED all around though. Not as fast as the automatic, but the smiles per mile are far greater. Dropped in a 10” JL audio sub for the anemic stereo. I’m planning on slowly adding in the performance pack parts after the fact. 

2 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Oh it’s great! Ford tweaked the exhaust note and volume, even with the non-active exhaust. Kinda wished I got that and the performance pack 1, but I was impatient and the dealer had only automatics with it so I ended up getting an Oxford white manual on 20s. Popped in a steeda clutch assist and perch upgrade the first week and it’s been awesome. I still like the 2015-2017 front end better. It’s nice having LED all around though. Not as fast as the automatic, but the smiles per mile are far greater. Dropped in a 10” JL audio sub for the anemic stereo. I’m planning on slowly adding in the performance pack parts after the fact. 

frpp makes a pretty sweet suspension upgrade that is better than the pp1....I might upgrade to that.  

https://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-assembled-handlingpack-2015gt.html

9 minutes ago, sc302 said:

What I like about the 2019 is that it has the rpm matching 6 speed.  What I liked about the 18, is that it was 3k cheaper after discounts....39k from 45.5k sticker.  What I don't like about the 2018-2019 is the mt82 6 speed transmission and aluminum shift forks, and the bbq tick that seems to occur after the first oil change.

Yeah those shift forks...there is a TSB out for them so they know it’s an issue at least. Also I think they put in fixed ones in the late 2018 and 2019s. I’ve heard all sorts of stories such as it was just a bad batch of forks in the MT82s. Who knows. 

8 minutes ago, sc302 said:

frpp makes a pretty sweet suspension upgrade that is better than the pp1....I might upgrade to that.  

https://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-assembled-handlingpack-2015gt.html

Yeah that’s the one I was looking at 👍  but also wanted the Brembos. I figured that and a Torsen with 3.73 gears would top it off.