• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

    Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

What do you drive?

Recommended Posts

Boz    1,324

2016 BMW 5 series currently. 2018 might be either the new RS5 coming to the States or Maserati Gran Turismo (a year or two old since their prices drop from $160k to $70k in a year :):) I still can't decide but I'm actually leaning more towards and Audi RS5 because I've owned like 7 Audis prior to switching to this BMW :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bmelans2    6

No pics to submit. 2013 Honda Civic Sedan LX Trim, automatic transmission... I love it. 250,000KM and counting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Riva    968

A Mercedes Benz CL500 Blueefficiency

4.7 biturbo V8

435 BHP ( thinking of an ECU upgrade to 510bhp)

3910102142431600x1060.jpg

3910102142831600x1060.jpg

391010214262061600x1060.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tsupersonic    1,621
12 hours ago, Riva said:

A Mercedes Benz CL500 Blueefficiency

4.7 biturbo V8

435 BHP ( thinking of an ECU upgrade to 510bhp)

 

Fantastic car. I love how a 4.7L Biturbo V8 gets labeled Blueefficiency lol. Stop kidding yourself MB - no passenger car with 435 HP is efficient.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FunkyMike    1,754
16 hours ago, Riva said:

A Mercedes Benz CL500 Blueefficiency

4.7 biturbo V8

435 BHP ( thinking of an ECU upgrade to 510bhp)

 

3910102142831600x1060.jpg

Very nice upgrade! Did you go for the rear wheel or 4matic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Riva    968
4 hours ago, tsupersonic said:

Fantastic car. I love how a 4.7L Biturbo V8 gets labeled Blueefficiency lol. Stop kidding yourself MB - no passenger car with 435 HP is efficient.

IBlueefficiency refers to the start/stop of the engine when you break in traffic. Also the car is by default in eco mode which means it shifts to 3rd and 4th gear more often. Unless you go sports mode then you realise how these cars hate the asphalt.

58 minutes ago, FunkyMike said:

Very nice upgrade! Did you go for the rear wheel or 4matic?

Unfortunately for some reason MB UK doesnt bring that many 4matics so this is a rear-wheel. I was gonna go for the CL63 AMG instead but i was worried it burned more petrol. Turns out MPG between the CL500 and CL63 is pretty much the same in ECO mode, unless you switch to sport mode. So, big regret :(

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FunkyMike    1,754
14 minutes ago, Riva said:

Unfortunately for some reason MB UK doesnt bring that many 4matics so this is a rear-wheel. I was gonna go for the CL63 AMG instead but i was worried it burned more petrol. Turns out MPG between the CL500 and CL63 is pretty much the same in ECO mode, unless you switch to sport mode. So, big regret :(

Didn't know that 4matics were not as prominent in the UK but they really do seem to be impossible to find now that I have googled :o. Can't think of a good reason besides smaller CL production numbers for the UK market but that doesn't explain why there is a general lack of any Wxxx 4matic cars. 

 

Very lovely car If anything I prefer the bumper of the CL500. Seems much cleaner opposed to the more aggressive CL63. 

 

Personally I don't think you should have any regrets!

 

(Y)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Riva    968
7 minutes ago, FunkyMike said:

Didn't know that 4matics were not as prominent in the UK but they really do seem to be impossible to find now that I have googled :o. Can't think of a good reason besides smaller CL production numbers for the UK market but that doesn't explain why there is a general lack of any Wxxx 4matic cars. 

 

Very lovely car If anything I prefer the bumper of the CL500. Seems much cleaner opposed to the more aggressive CL63. 

 

Personally I don't think you should have any regrets!

 

(Y)

Thanks, i kinda prefer the aggressive cars though :D Plus the CL63 has a HUD

Yeah its a puzzle with 4matics in the UK, I am not sure what the problem is, they only do a handful.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tsupersonic    1,621
20 hours ago, Riva said:

IBlueefficiency refers to the start/stop of the engine when you break in traffic. Also the car is by default in eco mode which means it shifts to 3rd and 4th gear more often. Unless you go sports mode then you realise how these cars hate the asphalt.

Unfortunately for some reason MB UK doesnt bring that many 4matics so this is a rear-wheel. I was gonna go for the CL63 AMG instead but i was worried it burned more petrol. Turns out MPG between the CL500 and CL63 is pretty much the same in ECO mode, unless you switch to sport mode. So, big regret :(

Ah okay. I get why they include these start/stop systems, but it's still a bit ridiculous to include this in a luxury GT where no one cares about fuel economy. But, you get used to turning off the system every time you get in the car.

 

I had a CLS 63 AMG, and I miss that NA 6.2L V8 growl. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Riva    968
On 26/02/2018 at 2:07 PM, tsupersonic said:

Ah okay. I get why they include these start/stop systems, but it's still a bit ridiculous to include this in a luxury GT where no one cares about fuel economy. But, you get used to turning off the system every time you get in the car.

 

I had a CLS 63 AMG, and I miss that NA 6.2L V8 growl. 

And then you got married and your wife said that thing is not a family car, let's buy a prius? ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tsupersonic    1,621
On 3/3/2018 at 1:26 PM, Riva said:

And then you got married and your wife said that thing is not a family car, let's buy a prius? ?

Nope. My advice if you buy an AMG or any German performance car: 

  • budget for repairs (or learn how to do repairs - because it's not a matter if but when). Alternatively, lease it
  • never buy it without some extended warranty
  • have a backup car
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mando    5,115

I have a new baby :D bought yesterday.

 

59 plate VW Scirocco 2.0 TSi GT (200bhp model) ive ordered a bluefin chipping set to push it form 200bhp up to 255 :D should get it midweek. First supercharged/petrol turbo ive had and.....oh my days! Just waiting on confirmation when it will be ready for handover :D midweek hopefully!

 

1 owner

37k on the clock, the thing is totally unmarked, not even a scuffed alloy. Apparently the guy had a full VW service before trading it in........who does that?? :D 

 

The old owner had literally traded it in that morning, the valet guys had just finished prepping it when i spotted it in the garage, boom an hour after delivery, it was sold! :p Hadnt even made it to their stock list yet lol.

 

car.thumb.jpg.0db5ffe36d04021d6500f87155c06724.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Draconian Guppy    13,036
On 17/3/2018 at 3:21 AM, Mando said:

I have a new baby :D bought yesterday.

 

59 plate VW Scirocco 2.0 TSi GT (200bhp model) ive ordered a bluefin chipping set to push it form 200bhp up to 255 :D should get it midweek. First supercharged/petrol turbo ive had and.....oh my days! Just waiting on confirmation when it will be ready for handover :D midweek hopefully!

 

1 owner

37k on the clock, the thing is totally unmarked, not even a scuffed alloy. Apparently the guy had a full VW service before trading it in........who does that?? :D 

 

The old owner had literally traded it in that morning, the valet guys had just finished prepping it when i spotted it in the garage, boom an hour after delivery, it was sold! :p Hadnt even made it to their stock list yet lol.

 

 

 

 

no civic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
satukoro    1,345

Still rockin' my 05 Outback w/ 5spd. Olive green. 210k miles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Euphoria    1,938
Posted (edited)

Reefs - highly durable, comfortable, light and have a bottle opener on the bottom :) not sure on my current millage.. 3 years and and still going

 

_100669326[1].jpg

Reef-Bottle-Opener-Sandals[1].jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mando    5,115
2 hours ago, Draconian Guppy said:

no civic?

nah test drove it and while impressive it left me cold.

 

got the Superchips bluefin remap device kit today, 2 quick flashes later, its now pushing 259bhp at the wheels with increase of torques at 73Nm & the higher power curve up to 4k rpm (extra 50bhp before turbo kicks in after supercharger) and an extra 5mpg on average to boot! It spent all of this avvo on the rolling road at my mates garage. His assessment of the chip flash and the car in general is.....holy S its like new underneath! typical mechanic lol took his young lad ou tin  it, hes a boy racer, he just sat and grinned making a beavus n butthead snigger sound :D 

 

Private plate should be here by midweek next week, then have to wait for DVLA to transfer it over to the Scirocco before i can use M999 NDO on it :D 

 

sitting toying with replacing the VW head unit with a DAB/Android auto head unit from Alpine.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mando    5,115

ok cars almost done :p

 

Reg is on and new head unit fitted.

 

gt.thumb.jpg.e951c25e5ef0c9500dd2d05ec0d2086b.jpg

 

5abbf85c9721a_WhatsAppImage2018-03-26at18_49_24.thumb.jpeg.17acc5dcd499df2fdc11ac7d81bd9b17.jpeg

 

Just waiting on dynaudio steering wheel adapter to get mfd and wheel controls online and a dab/af-fm/gps sharkfin replacement.

 

10 speakers and bose amp was already fitted to the car and it matches up with the Pioneer head unit a treat :) so crisp with zero distortion regardless of analyser setting or levels :D half tempted to fit small subs under seats to complete the soundscape. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
techbeck    6,413

I must be one of the few that really do not care much about cars.  Still driving an 08 Scion with 210k miles on it.  Runs great and only issues I have had "knock on wood" was regular wear/tear and things I did to damage the car....pot holes, hit dog....but nothing major.  Well, I did have to have the transmission replaced but that was covered under warranty.    It is my daily driver and I drive about 38miles one way to work everyday.  I am basically just driving it until something major happens.  Everything still works in it as well.  Has a few rattles but that is to be expected with a 10yr old car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LostCat    1,144
10 minutes ago, techbeck said:

I must be one of the few that really do not care much about cars.  Still driving an 08 Scion with 210k miles on it.  Runs great and only issues I have had "knock on wood" was regular wear/tear and things I did to damage the car....pot holes, hit dog....but nothing major.  Well, I did have to have the transmission replaced but that was covered under warranty.    It is my daily driver and I drive about 38miles one way to work everyday.  I am basically just driving it until something major happens.  Everything still works in it as well.  Has a few rattles but that is to be expected with a 10yr old car.

I would've been fine with the Equinox but with my new job that's $100 a week on gas, and it's a bit slow on acceleration.  The new car with trade in is practically paying for itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DocM    14,852
Posted (edited)

Oh, boy...if it's approved...

 

 

In the Air

 

Wing span: 26 feet

Length: 16 feet

Wing loading: 12 lbs/sq. Ft.

Power: 100 hp

Power Source: Internal combustion engine

Cruising speed: 125 mph

Range: 400 miles

Max gross wt: 1500 lbs

Empty weight: 1000 lbs

Holds 2 occupants

 

On the Road

 

Length: 16 feet

Width: 6 feet

Height: 6 feet 3 inches

Power: 40kW electric

Range: 50 miles on pure electric, 400 miles with battery recharge via engine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tsupersonic    1,621

100 hp, and can cruise at 125 mph? Am I reading that right? At what altitude? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.