Your First Car

My First car was a Ford Fiesta 1.4. It was very quick for the starting lines :p nice and light.

After that for a while, i drove a 1L Fiesta Ztec, 2 doors. LOL that was fun, so light and lil scary doing 70 on the Motor Ways :rolleyes:

1974 Datsun 260Z, but it was 20 years old by then and basically falling apart. I sold it before I even got my license. My second car and the first I actually used was an 86 Chevy Nova (which was actually just a rebadged Toyota Tercel).

First Car I drove (which was only this morning :p ) was driving instructors 2007 VW Golf 1.9 TDi. Seemed nice and comfy inside and the engine sure has a lot of torque, didn't think much of the stiff handbrake though.

Edited by J400uk

First Car I drove (which was only this morning :p ) was driving instructors 2007 VW Golf 1.9 TDi. Seemed nice and comfy inside and the engine sure has a lot of torque, didn't think much of the stiff handbrake though.

What is the driving age in the UK?

Just wondering.

Minimum driving age is 17 in the UK, same with the licensing age. They don't have any GDL crap in place. :p

my first car was a daewoo lanos 1 when i was 17 it's a cheap ass korean car ..

then i sold it this year and bought another cheap but slightly better korean car lol .. its a kia cerato 08 1.6L automatic transmission

i also have a citroen xsara which i like aswell

First car I drove, even though only in a GO Station (Train) parking lot here in gtown...

Was my fathers '95 Olds Cutlass Supreme SL 3.1L.

Pros.

- I hate that tank... (I've hated it since he got in it '98) So I don't really care if I damage it (I'll end up repairing it anyways... gotta do some body work on it... finally started rusting)

- 3.1L V6, mmm Power.

- easy to steer (for me anyways)

Cons.

- 259,000+KM on it.

- Have to fondle the shifter to get it to engage reverse

- Sucks on Gas.

- A/C system leaks..

- Minor issue where it pulls to the right, has to be a control arm or sumthin.

- rear spring needs to be replaced (split and fell off it's mounts)

- it's a boat...

- It's an automatic...

The first car that I will own will be a Third Gen Acura Integra with a 5spd manual, I hate automatics with a passion.

• 3 weeks later...

First car ever - Dad's Hyundai Pony 1992 (K reg) 1.3 3 door. In faded red, with 52000 miles on it, not bad for its age, dodgey clutch, enjoyed kangaroo'in around. Had for 2 weeks until loan got sorted.

Upgraded to -

Ford Focus Mk1 2002 51reg 58000 miles 1.6 Zetec. Love it to bits, racing green, very fast, easy to drive, downside is that the bonnet stoops low really quickly and hard to judge when parking.

:D ill get pictures of it soon

• 2 weeks later...

What was the first car you ever owned?

My first car

1967 Ford Mustang

pros

Cheap on Gas - 6 cylinder.

cons

The front-end noise was terrible. A lot of Fords through the years have this problem including my current Ford Ranger.

Hood hinges were junk.

mods and fixes history

Engine rebuilt

Current Status

By now - no telling where it is OR even if it is junked?

• 2 months later...

1992 Full size Chevy Blazer, Victory Red. Bought it from a friend with 219k miles on it. Drove it until 235k (about 2 years) until I got it in a mishap and didn't have the money to fix it. Ah, they days when it would only cost $50 to fill up a 30-gallon tank...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My first car was one I learned to drive in a few years back. It was a beat up Vauxhall nova I bought from a friend from ?75. The bodyword was dead, had a rusted hole in the drivers door, but the engine was spot on. Never had a problem with it. In the end the insurance was killing me so I just gave it away from a woman a few houses away, where it was promptly stolen by chavs a few weeks later:((