[Definitive] Gran Turismo 4

Just getting some un-comfirmed reports that Europe release could be Feb 25th.

Most Probably Speculation, I still think March 9th is more likely.

Was March 11th but thats the Nintendo DS release date, hence Bringing GT4 forward a few days to avoid that :ninja:

Just getting some un-comfirmed reports that Europe release could be Feb 25th.

Most Probably Speculation, I still think March 9th is more likely.

Was March 11th but thats the Nintendo DS release date, hence Bringing GT4 forward a few days to avoid that  :ninja:

585412938[/snapback]

At my work, the DS is being launched on the 24th Feb, with GT4 on the 10th March..

OT: Doom 3 on Xbox on the 24th March.

Been waiting soooooo long for this game, now just over a month to go. I was really looking forward to it being online also, shame they removed it :(

Anyone else looking forward to racing on the Nordschleife Nurburgring? - I hear there is a 24hr Endurance Race on this circuit, but don't quote me on it. Would be awesome though!!!

Edited by Citizen Erased

At my work, the DS is being launched on the 24th Feb, with GT4 on the 10th March..

OT: Doom 3 on Xbox on the 24th March.

585413017[/snapback]

March 11th is UK Release of the Nintendo DS.

Been waiting soooooo long for this game, now just over a month to go. I was really looking forward to it being online also, shame they removed i:(:(

Anyone else looking forward to racing on the Nordschleife Nurburgring? - I hear there is a 24hr Endurance Race on this circuit, but don't quote me on it. Would be awesome though!!!

585413023[/snapback]

Yes, that is correct. There is a full 24 Hour Race - However, There is no Weather change and no Night & Day Change, Just Day time.

TOO LONG I WANT GT4 NOW! My friend has is already.:|:| I dunno where he got it from though..&nbsp:pinch:h:

585413986[/snapback]

He probably has a Japanese Import.

must get this, my god so sweet so how extensive is the tuning mode/??? can you add kits and stuff to teh cars?? or is it just performance?

585414137[/snapback]

Mainly Internal Parts, All performance wise.

You can add Rear Wings & aftermarket Wheels.

All i look forward to is being able to soop up the volvo wagon and drive full speed and crash right into a wal:D:D

585414148[/snapback]

Haha, The Volvo 240GLT. Ill find the race in which you can win that. Its in the Used Garage though. I cant wait to race the 2 Volvo's.

All i look forward to is being able to soop up the volvo wagon and drive full speed and crash right into a wall :D

585414148[/snapback]

There's no damage modeling, though. At least there wasn't in the last one.

I never played Gran Turismo series before but from the look's of it the car is more heavy and there's lot of sliding involved, I also heard or read somewhere that the game is made like a real life racing simulator then shouldn't the car should be handled more appropriate then sliding here and there.

And Gran Turismo fan?s don?t flame me for asking this question I am planning to buy this game for sure but just wanted to ask those question came into my mind.

My work has just started to RTV (Return to Vendor) GT4:Prologue to get ready for its upcoming release.

So just a little question.

Is is worth getting the prologue ? I mean, does what the Prologue offer, be available in the final GT4 release. ?

I never played? Gran Turismo series before but from the look's of it the car is more heavy and there's lot of sliding involved, I also heard or read somewhere that the game is made like a real life racing simulator then shouldn't the car should be handled more appropriate then sliding here and there.

And Gran Turismo fan?s don?t flame me for asking this question I am planning to buy this game for sure but just wanted to ask those question came into my mind.

585416827[/snapback]

Nah, Gran Turismo 4 is not about Drifiting at all. Those Video's show that with the Logitech Dual Force Pro in 900 Degree mode you have Superior car control. Those drivers have put Simulation Tyres on (Very low grip) and are just flinging the car about, it looks easier then it is. Its pretty hard to do.

The normal GT4 'Driver' will not be doing that in ANY race, besides the Rally ones where you have to break the traction in order to get round the corners on dirt as traction is very low on gravel/dirt. You may also dirft a little with a High Powered FR car coming out of corners.

But I must emphasise GT4 is not a dirft simulator, Maybe a Skyline Simulator, But an:pay :p Normally you drive the racing line and dont drift.

My work has just started to RTV (Return to Vendor) GT4:Prologue to get ready for its upcoming release.

So just a little question.

Is is worth getting the prologue ? I mean, does what the Prologue offer, be available in the final GT4 release. ?

585417017[/snapback]

If you get GT4 Prologue and complete Arcade mode and the Simulation (License Tests) and save them to your PS2 Memory card, upon playing GT4 it will see that in your memory card an give you 100.000.000 more credits (Depending on PAL/NTSC/PAL Variants I believe. It does give you some more starting credits)

Hypo the man on GT i'm guessing, :p

Ordered it, can't wait.

585418132[/snapback]

Heh, After following GT4 Deveopment for 4 Years you kinda get obsessed.

Im just hoping some bugs in the Japanese Version are fixed for NA & Europe release ;)

Anyone want some pics of certain cars?