How Well Would XP Run on 600 MHz?

I got XP SP2 on my system (see Sparrow specs below) and I find it sometimes runs better than many of the Pentium 4 systems I've tested! Probably because of the video card and the fact that not a piece of spyware has gotten onto my system since the last reload.

Sorry to revive this thread, but I've been experimenting on VMWare with my 512MB RAM, 2.4GHz machine (because I'm thinking of installing XP on a 64MB RAM machine) and came up with this:

untitled23in.png

I know there's still 2.4GHz so that contributes to some of the speed etc. but I can't control that. I managed to get the RAM down to 28MB - 16MB was too low and a BSOD appeared. It's slow but just about usable. Slow at responding too.

yes 600mhz will run xp but a little more than 128mb ram will make it a lot better

i used to run xp sp1 on a p2 233mhz toshiba laptop with a 4gb hdd and 160mb ram

and it was fast enough for surfing and instant messeging once it had actaually started up..

before i got my own pc, i used to have xp running quite happily on a p3 500mhz that my dad had lent me and it was very responsive although i did have 384mb ram in the thing at the time :)

I just installed Windows XP Home Edition on a 350MHz PC with 64MB RAM and I'm very impressed.

I'm only using it with Microsoft Office 2003 and SP2 so I'm not putting too much pressure on the PC.

I'm installing SP2 for activation. When I activated XP before installing SP2 on my laptop, a whole host of spyware came on my computer. I decided to reinstall XP.