Dell 2405FPW UltraSharp Flat Panel Monitor

AMAZING :drool: I want two of it to combine with my black box <my case> congrats Dell for nice design, thanks for the info dude (Y)

Hmm... so could you give us a hint of the price?

:) yeah I can get fired that's why I only posted the picture, some info's and release date but it's already on google and other forums as well before I posted it here, the only difference is that I have a picture of it and besides, wouldn't Dell like the attention their getting for their new monitor, I think they do.

585320058[/snapback]

All I can say is I thought my 2005FPW was the dog's when it arrived about a month ago. I paid ?489 for it from a reseller on ebay and that was a bloody bargain.

I can't wait for the new one to retail. It's got to be worth well over ?1500. Well, i'd better start saving. It'd be nice to have one of those babys for when I start my uni course next year:D:D

I don't think this will affect the prices of the 21 inch LCDs from Dell, at least not right away.

I am glad my ship date got screwed up, I know have time to see the 24 inch released and the price before I make a decision to send my 2005fpw back for one of these.

Have you seen them in person, or used one?

I didn't know If I would like the widescreen format either until I received my 2005fpw. After I replaced my two 19 inch CRTs at work with the 2005 I was amazed at the space I gained both on my desk and my desktop.

It was just as good as having a dual monitor setup (for the most part) without all the space being wasted.

Have you seen them in person, or used one?

I didn't know If I would like the widescreen format either until I received my 2005fpw.? After I replaced my two 19 inch CRTs at work with the 2005 I was amazed at the space I gained both on my desk and my desktop.

It was just as good as having a dual monitor setup (for the most part) without all the space being wasted.

585321757[/snapback]

Yes, I have used a 23" HP LCD (forgotten its name). It was okay, but I much prefer 4:3 CRT/LCD's as I am used to moving my head/eyes up and down instead of left and right.

My friend had a 17" widescreen setup on his PC, he changed the monitor for a 4:3 after only a week.

Edited by Max

Yes, I have used a 23" HP LCD (forgotten its name). It was okay, but I much prefer 16:9 CRT/LCD's as I am used to moving my head/eyes up and down instead of left and right.

My friend had a 17" widescreen setup on his PC, he changed the monitor for a 16:9 after only a week.

585321777[/snapback]

I think you mean 4:3, as 16:9 is a widescreen aspect ration. (However, most widescreen pc monitors are 16:10..)

Source?

All Posts in BPN require a SOURCE otherwise your information may be considered false and/or be deleted from BPN.

585318249[/snapback]

its a legit post.. there are numerous acounts of this on other forums including [H]

Damn you ration...always trying to piggyback off of ratio (I do it all the time too, I don't know why the hell that happens--it's not like I ever need to intentionally use ration)

Anyway finally something that might be able to replace my venerable P991 (The 20" widescreen is a bit shorter and lower resolution than my 19" 4:3)...too bad it'll probably cost well over $1000 : \

I think you mean 4:3, as 16:9 is a widescreen aspect ration.  (However, most widescreen pc monitors are 16:10..)

585321803[/snapback]

Yah, thats the one :blush: Blank moment.

Damn you ration...always trying to piggyback off of ratio (I do it all the time too, I don't know why the hell that happens--it's not like I ever need to intentionally use ration)

585321837[/snapback]

Blast, it snuck in again! Glad I'm not the only one that makes that typo. :pinch: