[UK] Broadband ~

Greetings all.

After trying to upgrade my freeserve/wanadoo account from 512kb/s to 1mb/s, and after a lot of trouble with them changing my account, I have finally fallen out with them over the phone - the only problem is that as soon as this session expires, I'll be disconnected forever! :pinch:

So, I need the best value, fastest connection available to me for ?30 or less per month.

Any suggestions?

p.s. I can't get internet from some providers (e.g. I don't think I can get ntl) due to my location. I'm in Nelson, Lancashire. Postcode is BB9 8DG if anyone would like to suggest one but isn't sure of the service region provided.

Thanks in advance

mshaw04

Not covered by Blueyonder, but you can get NTL, according to their coverage checker.

They have a 750K package for ?24.99 or 1.5Mb for ?37.99. Currently they are offering first few months at half price.

Had a look through their terms and conditions and can't see anything about a cap, but I have heard to the contrary.

Pete

Thanks for the replies. I was just looking at MetroNet before I tabbed back and refreshed this page! :p

I only hope Freeserve/Wanadoo are willing to supply me with my MAC address.

Does anyone know what this means? :huh:

One last issue is that some ISP's (Freeserve we think is so far the only one that does this) push the limits of ADSL beyond their recommended thresholds and so when you cancel your service with them you will find yourself unable to get ADSL with us as your line is unsuitable for an ADSL IPStream service.

Plus.net

and you can get you MAC address of your modem / router by going to:

START

RUN

type CMD

in the command window type: IPCONFIG /ALL

will list your MAC address there. Not sure why you will need it though