Exeem Has Been Released (0.20 Public)

eliazu
Shame on them for including adware.  Most of the people who use bittorrent have at least a marginal amount of technical computer knowledge; certainly enough to detect and possibly evade adware and spyware.  Did they really think they could get away with this?

585337541[/snapback]

this program makes bittorrent interface to more kazaa-look. you dont need to search for trackers. the easiest.

so there will be lots of people who won't notice this adaware.

i dont like it, but i think that if i was the devoloper, i would add it to.

it's all business in the end.

krmathis

Sounds interesting, too bad its Win32 only!

Moving on..... :sleep:

YBG

I'm so skeptical about using it. I think I'm just going to stick with Bittorrent for now.

acidpro24

yeah nothing will ever beat suprnova

a few things i have noticed with exeem so far..

-sometimes i cant download things off the new files list...i jsut sit there and double click and nothing happens...i have to exit and re-open it to get it to work

-suprnova broke things down into groups like for music by genre on exeem you have to know what you are looking for or go through massive amounts of files cant jsut search for new bands by genre

but not too bad so far..i suppose after a little while of people getting into it and uploading new files and it blows up with otns of programs and files it wont be too bad..its very kazaa-esq...

i dunno we shall see where this goes i guess...

Slipdisc210
Sounds interesting, too bad its Win32 only!

Moving on.....  :sleep:

585338713[/snapback]

there are linux command line versions. wine?

acidpro24

...ok so now it doesnt let me download anyhitng whatsoever i click and lcick and it wont download....what happened? i was clicking aorund with the configuration and i might have messed somthing up there and thats why..can someone upload pics of their configuration that works?

S.MULLA

anyone noticed or is it just me the download starts of superbly fast.. then after 5mins drops to .5k.. and sits there until you restart the prog.?

so far its a very buggy prog..

Slipdisc210
...ok so now it doesnt let me download anyhitng whatsoever i click and lcick and it wont download....what happened? i was clicking aorund with the configuration and i might have messed somthing up there and thats why..can someone upload pics of their configuration that works?

585338833[/snapback]

quit the program and restart. gotta remember its beta.

post-88014-1106437866.jpg

DELETEMYACCOUNTTTTTTTT

So to recap, buggy spyware-ridden windows-only program designed to make a man money and move the legal burden from him to each individual user. Sounds great, but I think I'll stick with Tomato Torrent and a good 'ole ad-free tracker site.

Xtreme $niper

I just put those lines into the hosts file.. I dont know if it works though.. I just copied and pasted, I assume I dont have to fix anything up. I always set antispyware to ignore the cydoor from exeem because I dont mind. I dont do banking on my comp or anything valuable anyways.

So far ive gotten two torrents from exeem at a very fast rate, no problems at all so far.

Slipdisc210
To which no one responded :p

585338624[/snapback]

I know its like no one give a big flat flying !@#$. smarta$$

icetohot
it will since it replaces the file that contains the whole progra;);)

585338268[/snapback]

no it doesn't, it changes a couple bytes at some offsets

krazeguy

I think exeem is great. It just needs the user base to increase but ive found plenty of files, and the 'New Files' section is GREAT!!!

Comments and rating system is very cool and works well.

Ateoto

06:58 scheduling a node request at: 06:58
06:58 sending node request to network
06:58 node request failed, retrying in 5 minutes
07:03 sending node request to network
07:03 scheduling a node request at: 07:13
07:03 node request failed, retrying in 5 minutes

Hmmm, anyone else having problems. I have all the Ports open for BitTorrent.

[ timko ]

Yep, same for me here as well. Got a designated port open on my router and on my software firewall. Left eXeem running in the background trying to connect for about 2hrs and nothing. Not once did the users/files/shared stats at the bottom change from zero :(

JnCoKiLLa

If ne 1 find a Lite Version pleasae PM me or E-mail it to JnCoKilla@gmail.com

Fredde87

^^ for some reason something is blocking the ports... check norton internet security and so forth if you have something firewall program.

JnCoKiLLa

Cydoor (spyware) Is in this App

theyarecomingforyou
Yep, same for me here as well. Got a designated port open on my router and on my software firewall. Left eXeem running in the background trying to connect for about 2hrs and nothing. Not once did the users/files/shared stats at the bottom change from zero

Same... all eXeem ports are unblocked on Windows Firewall. I usually get speeds of 100kb/s+ with normal bittorrent. I'm not very impressed so far, though it does say on the news page that they are experiencing difficulties.

bfoos
Cydoor (spyware) Is in this App

585341130[/snapback]

Really?? :whistle:

I installed that cydor patch on mine and all seems well. The program still functions properly and it did not downgrade to .1anything.

All in all, a marginal app at best. Back to tornado and tspy for me.

Stalk3r
-suprnova broke things down into groups like for music by genre on exeem you have to know what you are looking for or go through massive amounts of files cant jsut search for new bands by genre

585338794[/snapback]

There is a box called "Category" in the search tab in case you haven't noticed. "New files" has it too :)

nexx
Note to self: Modify open source protocol into closed source protocol, implement into Kazaa clone, generate revenue via illegal content traffic.  :D

585338342[/snapback]

:yes:

theyarecomingforyou

Well, I changed the ports and now everything is peachy. Strange - it might just have been a coincidence, as I left it for a while after it kept crashing.

I find the interface very confusing and unnecessary; eMule has a much better interface (even if it is chronically slow). The "New Files" section is interesting. It's too early to pass a judgement yet, but it may develop into something useful and worthwhile.

witalit

Well it seemed to crash a lot for me aswell. Is there anywhere to post bugs etc ?